Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

2009/10 Weightloss Support Thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:12 am      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

Re: Whiplash;

I would think that it is simply the nutritional benefits that are allowing my system to heal. I don't know why you would think they would or should make a claim about healing injuries. Strange skepticism Confused

Ok, you lost me Confused ? To reiterate, I was wondering why you personally credit Juice Plus for helping the whiplash, and what ingredient, or ingredients, plural, might account for that (like arnica, for instance - JP doesn't appear to have anything like that).

As for the criticisms, I didn't spend a lot of time looking at them, I was more interested in seeing if the product would make a good substitute for my current multi. I can post them if you like but I'll have to look them up. I did see that Yale-Griffin created a DVD that was *funded* by Juice Plus but I can't locate any information about any actual studies or research being conducted by Yale, on Juice Plus.

Glad to hear your whiplash is getting better; my husband has had back problems ever since an injury in 2004 and I'd love to find a natural remedy that could help him. He hasn't had much luck with silica and msm Neutral
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Nimue wrote:
Have you tried it? I took a rebounder class once at the gym and it was not fun, it was really scary. I kept being afraid of falling off, so I couldn't relax at all. An lot of people like it though, so make sure you're one of those!

I tried one of those while visiting some family over the holidays, and I had that problem too. But they were remodeling, and my cousin she said she usually had it sitting by the bar/counter so she could rest her hand on it to help stay balanced. Bethany, maybe having something nearby like that would help?

Harriet, were you doing a specific detox plan? 8 - 9 lbs is a lot... way to go!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I was more interested in seeing if the product would make a good substitute for my current multi.

Low, I am using this as a substitute for my current multi, primarily because it is considerered to be very "concentrated nutrition." I have to take a ton of supplements since I have fibro, and this is way easier than swallowing a gazillion pills. I mix it with GreensFirst, some MSM, some nasty nutritional yeast flakes, some ground chia, and some ground flaxseed and use it as a meal replacement. (I actually really like it!)

Constant Health was designed – with the help of a leading integrative physician, two naturopaths, a Ph.D. biochemist, and our CEO --to improve the terrain and cellular health in three vital ways – by boosting the immune system, improving intestinal health, and supporting healthy elimination of various environmental and dietary toxins.

http://store.ourhealthcoop.com/Constant_Health_p/chc2.htm

Link to a white paper on the product:
http://www.ourhealthcoop.com/constant_health_whitepaper.pdf

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
but do keep us updated on your results with it, if you don't mind? This probably deserves it's own thread.

Agree, please update your results, but I do feel this needs its own thread, not stuck in a weightloss thread!
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
I was more interested in seeing if the product would make a good substitute for my current multi.

Low, I am using this as a substitute for my current multi, primarily because it is considerered to be very "concentrated nutrition." I have to take a ton of supplements since I have fibro, and this is way easier than swallowing a gazillion pills. I mix it with GreensFirst, some MSM, some nasty nutritional yeast flakes, some ground chia, and some ground flaxseed and use it as a meal replacement. (I actually really like it!)

Constant Health was designed – with the help of a leading integrative physician, two naturopaths, a Ph.D. biochemist, and our CEO --to improve the terrain and cellular health in three vital ways – by boosting the immune system, improving intestinal health, and supporting healthy elimination of various environmental and dietary toxins.

Thanks, this looks promising! I really like that it has the amino acids in it; I am almost definitely not getting optimal amounts of those. Right now I take NSI's Synergy 3000 from Vitacost. I like it, but I actually didn't feel "right" on the full dosage so I only take about half of it now. I realized later that it has more than the recommended amount of Vit A so maybe that was the problem. Anyway, it's ok, but I'm always looking for something that might be better. I always tend to have better results with vitamins in liquid form than in powder (capsule) or tablet form, so this would be an improvement.

Have you ever tried it without adding anything to it, and if so, how does it taste? Maybe I could throw it in a green smoothie, if my low-budget blender is capable of making one...
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
but do keep us updated on your results with it, if you don't mind? This probably deserves it's own thread.

Agree, please update your results, but I do feel this needs its own thread, not stuck in a weightloss thread!

I put it here because folks usually don't get proper nutrition when they are dieting, and I also knew that Bethany has fibromyalgia and some other issues, so I thought folks might be interested in it. I didn't think it would garner much interest as a separate thread. Now that I think about it tho, there is a study going on which will allow people to get their kids on the stuff for free, so some people might be interested in that aspect of it.

I might post about it tomorrow.

Bethany's stuff looks really good!

Bethany: have you noticed a difference with this stuff?

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl, which flavor of BSN Dessert Protein are you using? I'm happy to see that my beloved Vitacost offers it at a very reasonable price! People seem really happy with the taste -- is it really that good? (Do I dare hope? Laughing )
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Ok, you lost me Confused ? To reiterate, I was wondering why you personally credit Juice Plus for helping the whiplash, and what ingredient, or ingredients, plural, might account for that (like arnica, for instance - JP doesn't appear to have anything like that).

A|

Er, I thought I explained that. I don't know how to reword it differently. Sorry you can't seem to follow it. Perhaps you just need to mull it over awhile.

49*~~dark auburn, light, blue/green*~~ Red/Infrared/Amber LED*~~ Dermarolling*~~ Retin A*~~ Cupping*~~Homeopathic HGH*~~Ionic Footbaths*~~About to put my Incline Table Together**** See what all you people are driving me to???****Don't get me started on the supplements, you'll regret it**** Love Wins...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Thanks, this looks promising! I really like that it has the amino acids in it; I am almost definitely not getting optimal amounts of those. Right now I take NSI's Synergy 3000 from Vitacost. I like it, but I actually didn't feel "right" on the full dosage so I only take about half of it now. I realized later that it has more than the recommended amount of Vit A so maybe that was the problem. Anyway, it's ok, but I'm always looking for something that might be better. I always tend to have better results with vitamins in liquid form than in powder (capsule) or tablet form, so this would be an improvement.

Have you ever tried it without adding anything to it, and if so, how does it taste? Maybe I could throw it in a green smoothie, if my low-budget blender is capable of making one...

I haven't. BTW, I use a shaker bottle with the round whisk inside and it blends VERY smoothly.

InkyProse wrote:

Bethany's stuff looks really good!

Bethany: have you noticed a difference with this stuff?

Inky, when I drink the above drink every day (and consistently do so), I actually really do feel much more energetic. I know that my body REQUIRES more supplementation than most (as evidenced by my bloodwork), and if I make sure that I get the right supplements I definitely feel MUCH more energetic...I have proven that time and time again by falling off my doctor's recommended program too many times to count over the last 5+ years!

But I did feel much better just by taking 60+ pills a day, so I can't attribute it just to the protein powder. I think it comes down to determining what your body needs, and then try to find the way that works best for you...I just happen to like drinking my supplements over taking pills!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

A|

Er, I thought I explained that. I don't know how to reword it differently. Sorry you can't seem to follow it. Perhaps you just need to mull it over awhile.

Well, for a food supplement to relieve the pain is one thing -- it's unusual, though, and I thought you might be able to elaborate on which ingredients would have that effect. For a food supplement to actually heal a muscular/orthopedic injury is even more significant, so again, I was wondering why you would credit the supplement, and what do you think the mechanism would be? It's intriguing, to say the least. (in my opinion)

Yes, you did mention that it just made you healthier in general, and subsequently encouraged healing -- thankyou for that response -- but you also implied that you've only been taking it for a very short time, and, my thinking was, how could it possibly be the supplement if you've just started taking it? hence my question. I really didn't mean for it to be insulting... Embarassed please accept my apologies if it came across as offensive. One of my friends recently joked that I was terminally curious.. I like knowing the hows and whys Smile
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
LB,

I can't edit the last post, but I think I understand what you are getting at now.

The whole point or philosophy behind this product is the fact that isolated vitamins, minerals or supplements can be pretty much negligible in their effectiveness. There are hundreds of phytonutrients in a single fruit and all of the phytonutrients that we have been cataloging have not been uncovered yet. The guiding philosphy is that it is the combination of phytos that give a synergistic effect to our health-- thus I was trying to communicate that it is probably the whole or at least a substantial part of the nutrient list that is responsible for the effect. These are whole fruits and vegetables that are excruciatingly dried down to their essences. I'm not sure why it would matter which ingredient should account for the healthy response. I, and I think others would attribute it to the multiplied effect of boosting the entire system.

I don't think I said anything about it relieving pain. It was strength and mobility that I was gaining. I only experience pain if I try to stretch my neck too much. But, I was able to stretch it without pain (mobility) with the supplements. I don't stretch it much purposely because it is painful. I am functional, but the functionality is limited and pain-free if I stay within certain bounds. But yes, I guess that could be interpreted to mean that it relieved pain.

HTH

InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:

Yes, you did mention that it just made you healthier in general, and subsequently encouraged healing -- thankyou for that response -- but you also implied that you've only been taking it for a very short time, and, my thinking was, how could it possibly be the supplement if you've just started taking it? hence my question. I really didn't mean for it to be insulting... Embarassed please accept my apologies if it came across as offensive. One of my friends recently joked that I was terminally curious.. I like knowing the hows and whys Smile

Well, I could literally feel health returning to my neck. It might have been temporary, but it was relief. I do think that if I were to continue with this, I would get total health in my neck area. For a 49 year old, that is quite good.

It was stunning to me that I could feel it. That was why I posted about it.

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
InkyProse wrote:

It was stunning to me that I could feel it. That was why I posted about it.

I understand, I'd have been surprised too!

I don't want to keep derailing the thread so I've answered you here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=462677#462677
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Rileygirl, which flavor of BSN Dessert Protein are you using? I'm happy to see that my beloved Vitacost offers it at a very reasonable price! People seem really happy with the taste -- is it really that good? (Do I dare hope? Laughing )

I got the vanilla with the thought that it would go with anything! It really tastes good - just like dessert!! Best protein powder I have ever used (and I have used a ton!).
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:21 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I got the vanilla with the thought that it would go with anything! It really tastes good - just like dessert!! Best protein powder I have ever used (and I have used a ton!).

Thanks! I'll be adding this to my next Vitacost order. I have a hard time getting enough protein because I just don't have a taste for most sources of it, and I definitely don't have a taste for most of the supplements, lol.. I'm also interested in seeing if raising my protein intake will have any effect on some of the skin issues I've had for the past 18 months or so. And of course, I'm really hoping it will help the weight come off a litttle easier, even if indirectly.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The PMS bloat isn't completely gone yet Rolling Eyes but I figured I would take some measurements and see how things are looking. The weight loss has dropped off (probably due to my cheating! Shock ), and it looks like I am in the inches phase at the moment.

Time period: April 28th to June 2th (5 weeks)
Pounds Lost: 10
Inches Lost: 10.19
Body Fat Lost: 4%
Goal 1 Weight: 8 pounds to go
Goal 2 Weight: 14 pounds to go

Inches Lost:
Bicep (x2): 1.00
Chest/Bust: 1.50
Ribcage: 0.69
Waist: 1.00
Abdomen: 1.00
Hips: 2.25
Thigh (x2): 2.38
Calf (x2): 0.38
Total Inches Lost: 10.19

Update: It looks like my TOM bloat packed up and left because the scale dropped significantly this morning.

So here is my 5 week recap...I will check again in a couple of weeks.

Time period: April 28th to June 4th (5 weeks + 2 days)
Pounds Lost: 12.5
Inches Lost: 12.94
Goal 1 Weight: 5.5 pounds to go
Goal 2 Weight: 11.5 pounds to go

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Pounds Lost: 12.5
Inches Lost: 12.94
Goal 1 Weight: 5.5 pounds to go
Goal 2 Weight: 11.5 pounds to go

Way to go, Beth!

Losing body fat is my primary goal so I couldn't help but zero in on that... are your clothes a lot looser?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
Way to go, Beth!

Losing body fat is my primary goal so I couldn't help but zero in on that... are your clothes a lot looser?

I would say that my clothes are "less tight" as opposed to "looser," lol. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But yes they are...I tried on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear for 18 months and they fit!! But keep in mind that the weight loss above only represents what I lost since April 28th...I actually lost another 6 pounds over the prior couple of months, so that makes 18.5 total.

BTW, I am using my Tanita scale to measure my body fat, and do it at the same time of day each time since they can be volatile little boogers.

If you don't have a Tanita, try this, and let me know if you want a copy of my handy results spreadsheet! Very Happy http://www.biofitness.com/bodyfat2.html

Also, one thing I read in a book recently is that overexercising can keep you from losing weight. Shock Just something to keep in mind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Down a half pound today. Very Happy

Goal 1 Weight: 5 pounds to go
Goal 2 Weight: 11 pounds to go

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
UGH. UGH. UGH. Sad Sad Sad

I went to the eye doctor today, and had to sit across from a mirrored wall the entire time...I am SOOO Fat!! Mad Mad Mad

That was probably exactly what I needed to see to help keep me on track, but I'm pretty certain that I will be shooting for Goal 3 once I get through the first 2 milestones, sigh.

And to make matters worse, they had the most HORRID lighting that made my face look hideous too. VERY depressing. Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations.
This thread is inspiring.
keep up the good work
Very Happy
InkyProse
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I went to the eye doctor today, and had to sit across from a mirrored wall the entire time...I am SOOO Fat!! Mad Mad Mad

That was probably exactly what I needed to see to help keep me on track, but I'm pretty certain that I will be shooting for Goal 3 once I get through the first 2 milestones, sigh.

And to make matters worse, they had the most HORRID lighting that made my face look hideous too. VERY depressing. Sad

Maybe the mirror was bent.

Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

Do you think you might have some minor dysmorphic issues? I only ask because it's hard for me believe that your face could look bad in any lighting. I can totally sympathize, though. Anyway, as well as you're doing with the weight loss, it's not going to be an issue for much longer Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
bethany wrote:

Do you think you might have some minor dysmorphic issues? I only ask because it's hard for me believe that your face could look bad in any lighting. I can totally sympathize, though. Anyway, as well as you're doing with the weight loss, it's not going to be an issue for much longer Smile

Low, you are very sweet, but with a bodyfat% of 36% and 2-3 clothes sizes above my desired, it's reality. Sad As far as my face, the hideous ceiling fluorescent lighting just made it look like I have NL folds that I have never noticed, but that could actually be a result of losing weight. I had better get back on my Ageless program and use my STOP asap!!

InkyProse wrote:

Maybe the mirror was bent.

I like your thinking! Very Happy I actually considered that it might be distorted, but as I sat there for sometime, I ruled that out, darn it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:13 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I like your thinking! Very Happy I actually considered that it might be distorted, but as I sat there for sometime, I ruled that out, darn it.

That's usually my excuse. It helps with self esteem issues. It's not reality based, but I can deal with that. Embarassed

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |