Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

2009/10 Weightloss Support Thread
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 am      Reply with quote
Ok, all, wish me luck. I am starting the P90X today. I want to be accountable, and figured if I posted this on the thread, it would help with stick with it!
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I feel much better when I eat small frequent meals. Knowing that I'm going to have my next meal in 3 hours as opposed to 5 hours helps me to keep my portions really small.

rileygirl wrote:
Ok, all, wish me luck. I am starting the P90X today. I want to be accountable, and figured if I posted this on the thread, it would help with stick with it!

What is P90X ?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine, it is an exercise program. It is a beachbody program (they have several different ones).
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
It looks to be an extremely intense program that delivers results! RussianSunShine,check out this link:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x_ripped.do?code=BBHOME_PARSEA_FEATURED_P90X

rileygirl, great idea on the accountability. We're all rooting for ya!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:53 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
It looks to be an extremely intense program that delivers results! RussianSunShine,check out this link:

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/p90x_ripped.do?code=BBHOME_PARSEA_FEATURED_P90X

rileygirl, great idea on the accountability. We're all rooting for ya!

Thanks, nadjazz. I am feeling it today. Did my first workout yesterday! 1 day down, 89 to go!! Laughing
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:41 am      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

nadjazz, extremely intense program is not my cup of tea Very Happy In fact, I lose more weight when I exercise less since rigorous exercises make me hungry like a giant crocodile, and I lose the ability to control that crocodile appetite. Very Happy

I prefer low intensity 40 minute stairmaster/elliptical machine routines 3-4 times a week.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine, that actually sounds like a reasonable plan. A co-worker of mine uses the treadmill 3x a week for 45 mins, and on alternate days she goes to a personal trainer for muscle strengthening. She has lost 20 lbs by doing this and simply making better food choices...not dieting, just making better choices. Plus her personal trainer got her to quit her diet Coke * spam alert *!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

Thanks, nadjazz. I am feeling it today. Did my first workout yesterday! 1 day down, 89 to go!! Laughing

rileygirl, congrats on completing your 1st day!

Please share details with us! Does Tony go easy on you in the beginning, and then ramp up as the days go by? Or is he intense from day 1? Does he include cardio/strength training each day, or alternate the cardio vs strength training? Do you work out 5 days/week on this program?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Please share details with us! Does Tony go easy on you in the beginning, and then ramp up as the days go by? Or is he intense from day 1? Does he include cardio/strength training each day, or alternate the cardio vs strength training? Do you work out 5 days/week on this program?

And another question - how necessary are the supplements they allude to on the P90X page?

Many years ago I bought a membership to a program that seemed similar to this, only to find that, while they say (during the sales pitch) that the supplements are strictly optional, once you've shelled out the money they "strongly urge" you to buy the supplements, because you won't get optimal results without them. I felt so ripped off Mad

But I really don't do well on programs that require a lot of shakes, pills and prepackaged foods.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
nadjazz wrote:

This is set up in 3 phases with each phase being 4 weeks. You work out 6 days a week. So, my "routine" for the next 4 weeks will be: Sunday: chest/back and abs, Monday: plyometrics, Tuesday: Shoulders/arms, abs, Wednesday: yoga, Thursday: Legs/back, abs, and Friday: Kenpo. It seems to be a good mix of weights and cardio. It is intense from day 1! But, they do show you ways to modify so that it is not as intense. Like, if you can't do regular push-ups, go on your knees, etc.

So far, so good. Today was the plyometrics day for me. I had to really modify this, as I can't jump around a lot without hurting my knee. So, instead of jumping high, I would just get my toes off the ground. So, again, there are ways to modify. Day 2 done! Very Happy
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
And another question - how necessary are the supplements they allude to on the P90X page?

Many years ago I bought a membership to a program that seemed similar to this, only to find that, while they say (during the sales pitch) that the supplements are strictly optional, once you've shelled out the money they "strongly urge" you to buy the supplements, because you won't get optimal results without them. I felt so ripped off Mad

But I really don't do well on programs that require a lot of shakes, pills and prepackaged foods.

Hi, Low. You know, they obviously want to sell their stuff. I, myself, am not taking any of the supplements at all. For the P90X, they recommend a multi-vitamin, a protein bar, and a recovery supplement (their own, of course!). They do provide a nutrition guide (diet) from Carrie Wyatt with the program (which is also in 3 phases), but I am not doing that either! So, I guess we will find out at the end of the 90 days if the supplements are necessary or not! I really don't think they are, to be honest with you.

The Recovery drink is high carbs to replenish glycogen, amino acids, vitamins, antioxidants. Protein bars you can buy pretty much anywhere, as well as the multi-vitamin. So, if a person wants to use these supplements, they could buy something cheaper at iherb, etc.
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
For the P90X, they recommend a multi-vitamin, a protein bar, and a recovery supplement (their own, of course!).

that actually doesn't sound bad at all, and i bet I could get away with just eating some lean protein and fruit instead of a protein bar most of the time.

Have you bought Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot ebook package? I'm right on the edge of buying it.... I've been exercising sort of haphazardly lately (partly because I've been really busy and out of town a lot) but I'm ready to add some structure. I'm torn between this and some of Lyle McD's stuff. I'm leaning toward Leigh's material partly because she delves into thyroid/hormonal issues, which are pertinent for me, and also because she's a woman and she'll probably have a bit more insight on female fat loss & metabolism issues. But, I'd love to hear your opinion first, if you've read her books.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
For the P90X, they recommend a multi-vitamin, a protein bar, and a recovery supplement (their own, of course!).

that actually doesn't sound bad at all, and i bet I could get away with just eating some lean protein and fruit instead of a protein bar most of the time.

Have you bought Leigh Peele's Fat Loss Troubleshoot ebook package? I'm right on the edge of buying it.... I've been exercising sort of haphazardly lately (partly because I've been really busy and out of town a lot) but I'm ready to add some structure. I'm torn between this and some of Lyle McD's stuff. I'm leaning toward Leigh's material partly because she delves into thyroid/hormonal issues, which are pertinent for me, and also because she's a woman and she'll probably have a bit more insight on female fat loss & metabolism issues. But, I'd love to hear your opinion first, if you've read her books.

Yes, I have read it. She gives you formulas to figure out your calorie needs, etc. Then you do some calculations to see how much you are to eat. It is pretty structured with the numbers, and counting the calories! You definitely have to keep track of them on her plan. The exercises are all things you can do at home with dumbbells and a balance ball. She always makes a ton of sense to me, because her whole deal is calories in vs calories out.

On the PX90, you definitely could eat the protein/fruit instead of the protein bar in my opinion. I always favor whole food over supplement stuff!
maiea
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl: Good luck and congrats for starting the P90x! I keep seeing the informercials but am way too intimidated to try it because it looks so difficult. Keep us posted!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, maiea!
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:05 am      Reply with quote
RE: Leigh Peele's books - does anyone know if you can you buy them separately - or do you have to buy the whole package of publications?

Thanks, BF
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
RE: Leigh Peele's books - does anyone know if you can you buy them separately - or do you have to buy the whole package of publications?

Thanks, BF

I could be wrong here, but originally you could buy them all separately, but when she did the new version of the Fat Loss Troublshoot, I think she made it into a package deal where you had to buy all of them together.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Finished my 6th workout on P90X tonight. Yeah, rest day tomorrow and I need it! (6 days down, 84 to go!!)
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Great job on the exercise Smile

As to the fact that I cannot buy her book separately.... Mad Sad

BF
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:31 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Finished my 6th workout on P90X tonight. Yeah, rest day tomorrow and I need it! (6 days down, 84 to go!!)

have you been, like, killer sore this week?

Last year at one point I thought I was in fairly decent shape until I tried a tae Bo workout, and boy, did I hurt... I don't mind feeling sore, but if I'm in a LOT of pain I always feel like I should take a break that day, and for a 5 or 6 day a week program, that would throw everything off balance.

I am so tempted to try it, though!

Do you have to do your own cardio, in addition to their program? Or is their exercise program all you need?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Lowbrowscientist wrote:
have you been, like, killer sore this week?

Last year at one point I thought I was in fairly decent shape until I tried a tae Bo workout, and boy, did I hurt... I don't mind feeling sore, but if I'm in a LOT of pain I always feel like I should take a break that day, and for a 5 or 6 day a week program, that would throw everything off balance.

I am so tempted to try it, though!

Do you have to do your own cardio, in addition to their program? Or is their exercise program all you need?

I was Really sore for the first 4 days. But every day I was sore in a different location! 1 day my chest and shoulders hurt, the next my thighs, and then 2 days of soreness all around pelvic area. I was ok on day 6, but today I can feel it in my legs from the "kenpo" workout from yesterday. I am not sure if it will be like this for the entire 90 days or not - but I'll let you know! Laughing

There is cardio included in this, Lowbrow. But, it is in the form of the plyometrics, yoga (it feels like 10,000 upward/downward dog combos), and the kenpo, which is a kicking/punching workout. So, 3 days a week are heavy weights, and 3 days a week for the "cardio" (what listed above).
Loosey
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Thought I'd post in here!

I started to lose weight on January 19th this year, by eating a low carb diet... or well, not really a diet, since I can eat pretty much anything I want that's not full of carbs. Anyway, I was 230 lbs when I started and I am now 190 lbs! Even though it's still way too much for my height (I'm like 5 feet even LOL) I'm happy I took that decision to start a new life style 7 months ago!

All my weightloss was from dieting alone, or eating habits if you will. But now I'm determind to be at least 160 lbs before christmas, so I shall start exercising too.

This is a great thread because we can support each other through everything, which I think it's the second most important part of losing weight (first one being determind).

Very Happy
Lowbrowscientist
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Loosey wrote:

Anyway, I was 230 lbs when I started and I am now 190 lbs!

Way to go Loosey, that's quite an accomplishment! Very Happy
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Loosey -
Welcome to the thread and congratulations on your weight loss!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi and Welcome, Loosey! Congratuations on your loss. That is great!
System
Automatic Message
Fri May 17, 2024 4:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |