Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lip Fusion Lip Plump
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
This is just lip gloss...no more no less. I am not impressed with the lip plumping claims. I've noticed nothing, no plumping, no smooth lips , etc. Just a very expensive lip gloss with a good marketing scheme. I'm not impressed with the other Fusion products I've tried. They haven't caused damage but the results are just "Blah".
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
I fully concur. I have been embarrassed by their mascara, which came off less than two hours after application, all over my upper cheeks and upper eye area...big smudges. Someone pointed it out to me. UGH! I gave it to my DD and same thing (we trade a lot of makeup and hair products). We threw it out. I emailed their customer service and never heard a thing back. That is quite appalling in my opinion. The lip gloss-that-pretends-to-plump doesn't (although, I haven't actaully found one that does). Fortunately, most others are less expensive than the LipFusion.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
3rd! All I felt was a cooling sensation with the Fusion lip products. No plumping going on there. Not impressed.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
agree. normal lip gloss.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, $50 for a lip product is ridiculous. All it did was burn my lips! Someone got rich off this junk.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I have been using it for over 2 months and did not notice any plumping effect. They have nice colors, but the color only does not justify the high price.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I like two similar products- Duwop an Janson beckett.
These two lip plump seems to be effective on my mouth~~
Besides, Wudop has a lip stick, the color of which is "Sophia", very beautiful. I really like the color. But what a pity that EDS do not have this brand....
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try Leaf & Rusher Tx Lips

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:31 am      Reply with quote
This product didn't do anything for my lips either. It was also very expensive! What a waste of money.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
so what lip plumping product DOES work?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Lip Fusion XL which is the night treatment, and have definitely seen some plumping. It caused my lips to peel horribly at the very beginning (just like the Lips 2 Kiss system suppodedly does), but once that stopped they look fabulous and I don't need chapstick constantly anymore either. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

But the colored Lip Fusion daytime glosses (my first purchase) were a waste of $$$. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
City Lip Plumper is better.
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I really like the Lip Fusion XL which is the night treatment, and have definitely seen some plumping. It caused my lips to peel horribly at the very beginning (just like the Lips 2 Kiss system suppodedly does), but once that stopped they look fabulous and I don't need chapstick constantly anymore either. I have repurchased and will continue to do so.

But the colored Lip Fusion daytime glosses (my first purchase) were a waste of $$$. Rolling Eyes

bethany, thank you for sharing! it was exactly Lip Fusion daytime glosses what I was considering to purchase Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I did not like the Lip Fusion that much either. The new stuff was too goopy. And the price is ridiculous!

I recently went back to city lips clear nighttime treatment. They got rid of the original formula for awhile and the new "improved" one was too goopy. IMO it did not have all that when it came to instant plumping. the original is something that needs to be applied nightly and it takes generally 30 days to see plumping. I think many were too impatient to use this and that is why they tried the instant route.

Well they bought it back: the original. It is a much thinner and smoother consistency and it is soooooo moisturizing! AND for what it does...IT DOES WORK!

Another reason I went back to it was that the original is now in a jar, not a tube and that jar has TWICE the amount the tube had.

And not only that, but the jar is on sale now for $12.50!!! That is half the price of the tube! So you get twice as much for HALF the price. They have free shipping for US and Canada right now as well.
Make sure you click on Original not Advanced:
http://www.citycosmetics.com/product_description/City+Lips/410

So I thought what the heck! I have used it for several weeks and it is not even 30 days yet but noticeable plumping. I do feel a tingling when I first apply it. Tingle not pain. I prefer something that is really making my lips or the collagen in my lips grow. Not just irritants. This is real.

This is the ONLY plumper that has passed Consumer Reports and Good Housekeeping tests. They reported MEASURABLE plumping after 30 days.

I'm sure you have to keep using it after 30 days to maintain but so what?

So if you want instant, you won't get that. If you want plumping and can hold out for 30 days, you should get this. $12.50 will last months and months even if you use it nightly. I use it day and night because I have never had something that kept my lips so moisturized.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:49 am      Reply with quote
I took some before and after pics to show what City Lips has done for me in less than 30 days.

I tried to get the photos as close as possible in size.

My after shows with the close up that some of the lines ON my lips have disappeared. There are less lines if you look closely. My top lip always does pretty well with this stuff. the lines ON my lip line have improved as well.

BEFORE

AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS OF USING CITY LIPS

This stuff really works. You can't deny my top lip increasing in size and plumpness. Especially the top lip line. I don't think this is in my head. If there is anything that makes you object to my pics, let me know and I'll try and get them closer.
Luciana
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:

This stuff really works. You can't deny my top lip increasing in size and plumpness. Especially the top lip line. I don't think this is in my head.

Yes, I see the difference! Nice lips! Thanks for sharing your results and also for the link: free shipping is a bonus. I will order it. I will probably order only the night one - what do you think? Do you also use the day one?
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
The one in the jar CAN be used all day long if you wish. that is how I use it. If you want color then order the other tubes in what you want. Stay away from the "advanced" formula. goopy and sticky and not that much of an instant plump. Better to wait it out with the treatment and use it all day long. For that low of a price it can be done!
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
You know I think I am getting very good results with this. I thought about that Lips 2 Kiss program but it was so expensive and so much to go through. I think my results are as good as anyone on the L2K thread.

I use sugar and olive oil once or twice a week to exfoliate and this City Lips and look what I got.

I take HA caps. Not good at remembering every night but when I do it looks even more plump in the mornings.

I am 42 (in about a week) and now have lips as good as when I was a kid! How hard is it to smear this stuff on every day? All for $12.50 and ingredients from my kitchen.
P Girl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wendy,

You've inspired me to buy city lips. I don't really need a lip plumper, but I WANT YOUR LIPS! LOL....I think your lips look awesome! They look like the very best possible outcome of lip injections--the way those celebrities who end up with the crazy looking "trout pout" probably wanted to look in the first place but they ended up so caught up in the procedure that they look ridiculous and can't even see it. Anyway, that was long-winded and off track, but your lips look great, especially the top one!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I just want to recommend a similar product from Albian. It's totally amazing!!!!!!

BTW,Albian is a higher end japanese brand, I love most of the Albian stuffs, never ever let me down.
elee123
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 am      Reply with quote
This stuff does work. After I put on my lip, I feel the tingling on my lips and feels my lip more swollen.
Skitahoe
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
My mom uses this.

This is a product I have tried.

I have big lips. I don't put the product on the bottom lip since it's a little too big. I wish I could take the extra and put it on the top! I put this product when I use it on the top lip. It could be my imagination, but it looks like it fills the lip in more.

It doesn't burn or sting for me fortunately.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I just found a new item: Sovage Lip Plumper. I have tried Duwop long time ago, but I found that this Sovage Lip Plumper is more effective that Duwop. Maybe because the Sovage is very professional in medical skincare, and the duwop is just a makeup brand.
lagomorph
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I was looking through Lucky magazine in the grocery checkout line today and Lip Fusion has a new product called Lip InFatuation. Supposedly it increases the amount of fat in your lips overtime.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes
I must really be the freak here both Lip Fusion clear and the XL night worked great for me. Now I have to check out the new one mentioned. It is so odd how we all react so differently! City lips didn't do anything for me but moisturize.

DM

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |