Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Article about why chocolate causes acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TNEWTON

Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I always thought that I would break out a day or two after I would eat chocolate even though I would read everywhere that chocolate doesn't cause acne.

I finally found an article explaining why chocolate actually does cause acne in some people.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
TNEWTON wrote:
I always thought that I would break out a day or two after I would eat chocolate even though I would read everywhere that chocolate doesn't cause acne.

I finally found an article explaining why chocolate actually does cause acne in some people.

Well hi there, and welcome to the forum....

I'd love to see that link ... Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
I'd like to see the article too. Some people do have food triggers.
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
really?I can't believe it.

i eat chocolate almost everyday,but i don't find any acne on my face.

maybe to some people it's true
TNEWTON

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
TNEWTON wrote:

Well hi there, and welcome to the forum....

I'd love to see that link ... Very Happy

Hey Kassy,

I tried to put a link to the article but the forum said it won't allow me to put a link and it wouldn't post it with the link in the message.

The name of the article is "Does Chocolate Cause Acne? Yes it Can in Some People"

If you google that phrase it comes up.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Is this it?
http://ezinearticles.com/?Does-Chocolate-Cause-Acne?-Yes-it-Can-in-Some-People&id=1719022
TNEWTON

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, that is the url, but I had to copy and paste the url into the address bar to go to the article.

When I just clicked on your link it didn't go to the article, but to some other page.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Donno about acne, but when I was pregnant somewhere around sixth month I think my daughter DEMANDED a pure chocolate cake with chocolate cream that I saw on the counter. And I had a huge piece. And she was kicking the whole day after that. Was a funny thing. No acne though Rolling Eyes
Suk Han
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I love chocolate. If I ate too many, it gives me sore throat. It also cause acne to SOME people, same as eating spicy hot food.

My mother has to put ginger to stir fry with vegetable, or put pepper into the salad. If not, she gets dizzy.

Suk Han
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I thought it's a myth that chocolate causes acnes. Is it because of high sugar contents?
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
It definitely gives me acne. Every time I eat more than a little piece of chocolate I break out.

I'm trying to cut down on it but it's very hard especially now in the festive season.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE chocolate, but every single time I overindulge in it, I break out. Guaranteed. Every single time. Thanks to free holiday fudge at the office and all the other chocolate goodies of the season, I am now officially broken out and very bummed about it. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think chocolate causes acne and i have even read that it doesnt!. Its a common myth people belive in. However if you over indulge in such foods then of course you can get acne and especially during that time of the month!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:11 am      Reply with quote
i really beileve the fact that chocolate causes acne for some people.
though i have no experience in it,but it happen to my friend as long as she ate chocolate.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:32 am      Reply with quote
So, what are we saying is in the chocolate that causes pimples? The cacao, the sugar, the what?

I don't believe it, myself. I eat chocolate, the dark kind mostly, and I never get break outs afterwards. Has anybody ever thought of the correlation between wanting to eat chocolate and PMS?

Besides, I don't think I'd give up chocolate even if it did give me zits. Life's too short! Laughing
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
There is no scientific proof that food is directly linked to causing acne. Although it could produce skin rashes.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:45 am      Reply with quote
For most of my teenage years my mom told me to avoid chocolate and soda but I didn't listen. As I got older, I saw the wisdom, they did break me out. A while back, I read an article online, although I cannot for the life of me remember where, perhaps I can find through a search. Anyway, the gist was "Acne is the diabetes of the skin" meaning sugar causes breakouts. Well, chocolate and soda are loaded in sugar. A can of cola contains 7 teaspoons of sugar! They are also linking sugar to early aging, (Dr. Murad and Dr. Brandt.) Its all pre-lim stuff but I have trying to avoid sugar all the same. With acne, its hard to tell, I think different things can trigger breakouts in different people, but if you are acne prone it wouldn't hurt to cut down on sugar a while and see what happens.
ellie213
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
i think its the milk and sugar in the chocolate as both are known to cause acne, although chocolate in itself doesnt

so if i want chocolate now i have cocoa powder with soya milk/rice milk and water and im fine, but if i have any chocolate within 2 days ive broken out every time
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
I found a great page on adult acne, with some causes and treatments listed while I was looking for the "acne is the diabetes of the skin" thing-that quote is actually a trademarked tagline from a natural skincare company, I know there was an article on it at one time but I can't find it now. Anyway, the company with that tagline is:http://store.annabellina.com/acne.html and the great webpage on adult acne (where they actually list sugar avoidance, dairy, carb and processed food avoidance as being highly effective:
diagnose-me.com/cond/C288814.html
Hope this helps somebody!
semolinapilchard
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
only reason it does with me is due to sugar.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |