Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry skin state inside, but with oily appearance
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tuna
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
could anyone suggest a solution for this type of skin?

I cannot use too rich moisture cream cause it will make my acne breakout.

But along with the growth of age, I feel that those thin lotions are not enough to nourish my skin and to improve the essence of inside dry skin state.

I use a lot of hydrating masks and clarifing masks but my problem does not get improved significantly.

Please share any ideas against my problem, thanks
Andrea01
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:25 am      Reply with quote
I would look into the Dr.Haushka Normalizing Day Oil.
In homeopathic therapy, like cures like so the ol/breakout could benefit from this product.

Oily skin still needs moisture. Dr. Renaud makes the Laboratoire Dr Renaud HydraScience AHD3 Light Emulsion
ella89

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi tuna,
It seems to me that you have dehydrated skin, not dry skin. Basically, dehydrated skin lacks water & dry skin lacks oil. Since you are breaking out your skin obviously does not lack oil. Dehydrated skin is characterised by depleted intra-cellular fluid (the substance between cells) which gives the skin a crepy, dull, uneven, flaky appearance.
I would not use anything with emollients & oils on your face. Pick something oil-free with hyaluronic acid, which is a water binding property that will help to plump up & hydrate your skin without clogging your pores or aggravating your acne.
I don't know what your budget is like but some products I would suggest are Prescriptives Super Line Preventer Xtreme, Dr Sebagh Serum Repair, Zelens Radical Defence Serum - which can be used under hydrating moisturisers like MD Skincare Maximum Moisture Treatment, Malin & Goetz Vitamin E Moisturiser, Prescriptives Intensive Rebuilding Lotion. The hydrating masks from Prescriptives & MD Skincare are also fabulous.
Hope that helps you!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:57 am      Reply with quote
tuna, my skin type is similar to yours and I see a big difference since I`ve given up harsh and stripping cleansers. Folks with oily skin tend to use them as they seem to help, and most cleansers labeled "for oily or combination skin" do strip your skin, thus stimulating oil production when the skin is trying to compensate.
So pick up a very mild and not stripping cleanser. I`m using Caudalie instant foaming cleanser now and happy with it.

Avoid toners containing alcohol, they are drying.

Find something light with hyaluronic acid (but not pure hyaluronic acid serum, as it seems to pull moisture out of the skin).

Drink a lot of water.

For winter, when the heating is on, I`ve bought an air-moisturizing device for the appartment, it also helps.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva, can u tell me more about the air-moisturizing device? What exactly does it do? Give moisture to the air so that our skin is not as dry when the heat is on inside? Thanks! Very Happy
taobunny
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Aiva, can u tell me more about the air-moisturizing device? What exactly does it do? Give moisture to the air so that our skin is not as dry when the heat is on inside? Thanks! Very Happy

Hi Stardustdy,

I'm not Aiva - but I think she might be referring to what we in the States call "humidifiers".

They increase the ambient humidity in the air so that less moisture is "robbed" from the skin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humidifier

They can be very helpful - just be sure to avoid any contamination with mold or mold spores - as airborne mold can be a problem for some people's breathing and health.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks taobunny for replying! Smile

hhm it sounds scary that a humidifier will increase the chance of mold and mites growing. I guess to prevent that is to clean the humidifier often? ... Confused
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:42 am      Reply with quote
exactly, this device is a humidifier, and what it does is giving moisture to the ambient air and increasing relative air humidity, thus helping the skin to retain moisture and making the air more comfortable for breathing (the mucous membrane of my nose suffers a lot from overdried air). So it makes this device very helpful when the heating is on and the air in the appartment is extremely dry.

The name of my device is Honeywell, and there are 2 types of them - "hot steam" and "cold steam" humidifiers, I have a cold steam one.
It is only helpful for one room, not the whole appartment however.

you might have a look at their website www.honeywell.com but it is a big industrial concern making a lot of goods. This is a website with the humidifiers:
http://www.kaz.com/kaz/store/product/?BrandId=e2d7a71c81c018fe87357dc35f26f35f&ProductCategoryId=48710052ded43396fc4ca9df58901760&BrandFilter=1

as to mold, yes, it can a problem, you need to air your rooms every day or every other day to prevent it.
Also the filter in the humidifier should be cleaned and disinfected, and you should change the filter regularly.
They have some newer models with built-in UV bacteria and mold protection, this should also be helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:
Find something light with hyaluronic acid (but not pure hyaluronic acid serum, as it seems to pull moisture out of the skin).

Hi Aiva
Can you tell me more about why pure HA is like that? You can reply on this thread also: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=31837
Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
You have oiley skin type and these skin types are generally dry. A common mistake people with this skin type make is to use less moisturizing products because they think it will make their skin more oiley or give em acne etc...Any moisturizing product will be good just double layer it if you need to or use a rich moisturizer.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have and still have oily skin but it used to appear very dry. It had something on top of it. My doctor has diagnosed me with escma by my GP and was taking creams for more than a year and a half.

Finally when I've graduated from Uni and was able to afford a facial my beautician has told me that my skin was merely greatly imbalanced and sensitive and that's why those things were happening. As soon as I've started Sothys Immunscience line (a fwe months later) there was no sign of it anymore.

Maybe you have a similar problem, imbalanced skin. Try and look into it further. Rather than asking for an opinion here it might be better to go to a qualified and experienced beautician to check your skin.

Good luck!
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:19 am      Reply with quote
tuna wrote:

But along with the growth of age, I feel that those thin lotions are not enough to nourish my skin and to improve the essence of inside dry skin state.

I use a lot of hydrating masks and clarifing masks but my problem does not get improved significantly.

Hi Tuna! Somewhere in your routine you must be using a drying product, is it your cleanser maybe?? If you are, get rid of it and use a GENTLE cleanser like Cetaphil or Clean & Clear for sensitive skin or Olay's Foaming cleanser....you get the picture.

Just one point here about Cetaphil. They have re-formulated it and new color bottles. I have to say it takes off makeup wonderfully now!! Very Happy
Check it out ladies.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Be careful with harsh soaps... which is usually the cause of dry skin. Try a gentle cleanser and lightweight oil free moisturizer.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Try flax seed oil! I've been taking 30 ml day + night and it's worked wonders for me. My nutritionist says it's Omega 3, but has less cholesterol than fish oil. It really helps me retain moisture from the inside, if that makes sense
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
Try to soak cotton puffs with mineral water and put them on your face for five minutes or more(this can help your skin to absorb water. attention:don't let the puffs dry). After that, apply your tonic lotion, serum and cream immediately.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
That is exactly the mess that I was in! I was also too oily and still felt dry. All of that changed when I started using Buzz on Acne. This stuff is amazing. Not only do I not have acne, it hydrates the skin and my oily skin has changed to more of a normal. It is just one bottle and you just spray it on.

They rave about Buzz on Acne on the Q boards. That is how I found out about it.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
With skin that gets oily by midday, I skipped the moisturizer for years, then I would be dry. Then I started using Murad's Skin Perfecting lotion (for acne prone skin) and it has really helped. Its a light lotion that contains retinol, so you're getting moisture and increasing cell turnover. I have been using it over a year now and have never had any breakout problems with it and it really helps make up go on easier.
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:13 am      Reply with quote
i have combination skin, it looks dry on the outside too, but i'm told not to over-hydrate it as it causes my acne to act up.
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
the balance of your skin is damaged!
i suggest you pay more attention on your food, do not eat much spicy food.
yauzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problems with you. I feel really dry, but I cannot use too rich moisture cream cause it will make my acne breakout.

I think the best way is add more vegetable in your daily meal and use more hydrating mask.
meg715
5% products discount

Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Tuna, I am with you. I have a humidifier and that helps but I would still like to find a moisterizer that works without having acne or dryness. So for now I am still looking for my HG moisterizer.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
This situation is the lack of moisture in the skin manifestations, it is recommended you a full complement of water

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 am      Reply with quote
Tuna I had a similar problem in the past. As one member stated your skin is not dry just dehydrated. Our skin type can change all the time depending on many factors and the weather. It sounds like you are in deep need of moisture. Try oil free moisturizers and find a good HA serum to apply underneath your cream. I would stick to natural or organic lines to prevent you from breaking out. You will see your skin improve over time and it does not happen right away.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:01 am      Reply with quote
Tuna, I faced the same issue with you. 2 months ago, a friend of mine said that she had read an article in which it suggested a way to deal with dehydrated skin.

It said that now matter how much & often you used hydrating mask and moisturizer, you would not see improvement. The foremost thing that we should do is to do exfoliation by means of soap-free cleanser & weekly AHA/PHA peeling (ph 3.5 to 4).

I have used Neostarta face cleanser & Gel Plus for 2 months & noticed that my skin is not greasy as before.
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:52 am      Reply with quote
i wanna know how old are you.If you are young,that means you are in a healthy condition,your body is protesing .
But if you have aged skin, then you can choose some products to solve the problem

tuna wrote:

Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |