Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Need something to evenout skintone on Lips!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I need something for the lips to treat it and even out the skin tone on the lips.

I dont normally wear lip colors/lipstick just chapstick or petrolium jelly and my lips just look kind of weird. Firstly the top lip is darker then the bottom lip. Secondly the top lip half dark and half normal color so sometimes when i do a big smile then it just makes this line that makes it look so weird. I dont want lipstick to hide the problem and anyway lipsticks end up looking weird because of the uneven color. SO is there something to fix the problem?

If i apply my face peels for example PSF pumpkin peel to the lips would it work? or will i damage it?
any recommendations?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
To be honest i dont think there is much you can do because of the type of skin that is on the lips. I have seen people lighten their skin and their lips always remain dark, which is a give away to what they have done. So therefore i doubt a lightening cream would work.

Their is a drastic treatment i have seen, but that involves semi permanent makeup to the lips, but the only option is to go darker all over than lighter all over.

See the link, i couldnt find the exact one i saw but there are some examples of corrective treatment being undertaken.

http://www.aurielstouch.com/pictures.html
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
but i am sure that the darkening on my lips are sun damage then anything else....i mean i never noticed this in high school....so this damage has happened over last 4-5 years Sad

i have heard of the lips2kiss system but i dunno how effective that would be in my case n plus i get confused when i look at all the products that i need to use with that Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
I need something for the lips to treat it and even out the skin tone on the lips.

If i apply my face peels for example PSF pumpkin peel to the lips would it work? or will i damage it?
any recommendations?

It is very difficult to apply whitening treatments on the lips. What you could try is a combination of exfoliator plus high protection sunscreen (SPF25 at least). For exfoliator, either Carmex lip balm (which contains salicylic acid - although you should avoid those which contain phenol which is toxic) or Neostrata lip balm (which contains PHA - also a form of hydroxy acids) or you might even try a physical lip scrub. Earthernglowminerals (www.egminerals.com) sell a lip scrub in stick form which is quite convenient to use).

The covering of the lips is very sensitive, so I would be wary of using the PSF peel on the lips. Try gentler exfoliation first.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:26 am      Reply with quote
I know that Godiva makes a lightening lip treatment with licorice in it. You could always give that a try.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |