Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Low level laser for hair regrowth
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have been doing research on something that may be of interest to some of you here.It involves low level laser for hair regrowth. It isn't LED lights, it is laser. I have two friends that are experiencing hair loss, both in their 50s. They came to me and told me about laser treatments they are getting at a local salon. I have known both of these women for 8 yrs. and noticed their hair loss. One was a former model, the other a former beauty queen. Anyway, one had hair loss to the point you could see through her hair, the other one not so bad. One was due to stress and hormones, the other one I am not sure. The important thing is they are growing hair and I mean really growing hair!!!!I have looked at their scalp closely Shock . I go to the same salon that they do so I decided to inquire about the program for my mother-in-law who is 82 and thinning badly. The program requires two 30 minute treatments a week at about 150.00 a month and taking supplements to keep the DHT blockers levels down to keep new hair from failing out. My mother-in law is interested but lives 30 minutes from the salon, two treatments a week for months isn't idea for someone her age. So.....I am been busy on the Internet and have found a supplier that sells the home device for around 500.00 dollars. Same machine!!!!the salon sells the home device for 2200.00 dollars. If I had hair loss I would be jumping on this BIG time. The women using it say the hair diameter is greater, color is richer, and has more elasticity. Also hair growth is 30% more. I have several sources that you can contact if you are interested. I am trying to spread the word to those that I know there have been threads that have mention the combs and from what I am reading and hearing from users that there aren't enough lasers to make them very effective. The contact that I made has been a great resourse. He seems to be knowledgeable and can tell you what you can and can't expect to take place with the treatments. Again if I was having hair loss I would want to check it out. Hope this is a help to someone, it has taken days to gather accurate information. The website is
http://www.thelasermax.com/
Jeff is the one I emailed and he has a special deal with the 75 lasers system which from my reading is what I would get. You can email him and get a price. The payment for this one has to be by a phone call because he doesn't have this one on the website for the special price.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I will definitely check this out...thanks!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
Jeff is the one I emailed and he has a special deal with the 75 lasers system which from my reading is what I would get.

Ann,

The one on the website is the 50 laser unit...can you share why you would go with the 75 laser unit instead? Is it the "more is better" theory, or have you read something specific on this?

I really liked the design of the product (on it's own stand!!), and actually wondered if the handheld unit could also be used on wrinkles? Question

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for starting this thread, Toby. A few weeks ago, I had an initial consultation with a salon in Vancouver to see if their low level laser treatments would help with my hair loss. In anticipation of going ahead with laser treatments, I'd be very interested in what results others have experienced, if any. (By the way, the consultant told me that I'd know after two months of treatment if low light laser was going to help my hair loss problem. That sounds a lot better than the year's worth of treatment, for almost $4,000, that other hair loss laser places have quoted me. Shock )

I've been taking a DHT inhibitor (for about two years) and using 5% Rogaine (for about five years). Apparently, if a person has had hair loss for more than five years, it is unlikely that there will be much new growth but I'm praying I can sneak in under the wire and actually get some benefit.

I'm keen to hear what everyone has to say and will be watching this topic like a hawk (well, maybe semi-bald eagle). Laughing
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the 75 lasers would be better. He said
the 90 was overkill really. There is a place that has the 50 for 375 if the 50 is what you decide on.
http://www.compsource.com/pn/LaserMaxLaserBIG50/Hairmax_1361/
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
I thought the 75 lasers would be better. He said
the 90 was overkill really. There is a place that has the 50 for 375 if the 50 is what you decide on.
http://www.compsource.com/pn/LaserMaxLaserBIG50/Hairmax_1361/
Toby

I think it comes down to WHERE the diodes are placed. If the additional 40 diodes where placed as 20 on a panel on each side of my head (like the ones on the back panel), then I would go for the 90.

I have written Jeff to see what he says about models and pricing. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

I also know that one of my sister's friends has been going in for treatments are her hair salon for at least a year now...I will check in on her progress tomorrow.

5% products discount

Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I am going to open a whole new can of worms. There is a website OverMachoGrande dot com that has detailed instructions on building a laser helmet at a fraction of the cost of Hairmax. Don't be put off by the humor on the website. I am planning on building the model designed by a fellow called Embryo, which is basically a 3 position helmet and mine will use 120 diodes, and cost between $400-500 to build. This will give the equivilant coverage of a 360 laser from Hairmax, which would cost thousands of dollars. Anybody can buy 5mW 650nm laser diodes for $3, and OverMachoGrande shows you how to do the rest. There is also an option to have a guy called Nidhogge who will build your helmet for about $350 over costs. He has just recently resigned his job as a tech writer and begun building helmets full time. If anyone is interested I will supply his email address. If you do choose to go this route you will be reguired to submit a mold of the shape of your head, this is explained on OverMachoGrande.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I think that can of worms has been investigated by several of us thanks to a post on another thread. And yes there are things there you have to overlook but the meat of the material is very interesting. The helmet idea is seems to be very effective being close to the scalp and also the freedom to move around. I am interested in hearing more.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
OMG even posted here sometime ago, lol.

I read the 18 page instructions for the helmet last night....and I feel very confident in saying that there are many people here on EDS that would not be able to build one themselves. I do have Nidhogge's email address, but I had not yet contacted hom for a price, so thanks for that info.

However, I did note that OMG mentioned the success of the clinical models, which I believe are not helmet based. I think the helmets make perfect sense for men with less hair, but I wonder if a helmet for women with more hair would cause the hair to be come compacted, and limit the ability for the light to get to the scalp? If anyone has any thoughts on that, I would love to hear them!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
This link has an interesting writeup on how laser treatments work:

http://www.newhair.com/treatment/other-laser-therapy.asp

I also noticed that there have been some Laser Max sales on ebay...I didn't see many product complaints, but there were some pretty consistent shipping issues with the primary seller (none listed with them at the moment).

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
Oh boy...You guys are killin' me...I want it all!! So I bought the LaserMax yesterday. Now I'm rolling my face with needles, lasering my head, contorting my face with exercises, and who knows what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. Eh? Anyway, I purchased the 75, but he told me he sent me the 90 for the same price. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Also, I may have a handheld HairMaxx Laser Comb for sale. PM me if interested (its the original unit that Dateline tested in their hair growth episode.)

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
We ordered a 90 lasermax for my husband and his mom to share. I bet I get myself under there as well!!! Cool
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Oh boy...You guys are killin' me...I want it all!! So I bought the LaserMax yesterday. Now I'm rolling my face with needles, lasering my head, contorting my face with exercises, and who knows what I'm going to be doing tomorrow. Eh? Anyway, I purchased the 75, but he told me he sent me the 90 for the same price. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Also, I may have a handheld HairMaxx Laser Comb for sale. PM me if interested (its the original unit that Dateline tested in their hair growth episode.)

How much did he sell it for????

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
mountaingirl wrote:

How much did he sell it for????

That's exactly what I want to know as well!

And the part I bolded cracked me up! Laughing

5% products discount

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am still in the planning stages, but I am leaning towards a 160 laser, 2 position helmet that would effectively give me the equiviliant of 320 lasers. Others are working on a rotating model that could use fewer diodes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Dazed wrote:
I am still in the planning stages, but I am leaning towards a 160 laser, 2 position helmet that would effectively give me the equiviliant of 320 lasers. Others are working on a rotating model that could use fewer diodes.

Dazed, can I ask what the cost will be in total?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
I'm so dazed by the frenzy of buying beauty products, I'm hardly noticing what I'm spending!
I believe I paid $650 for the 75 laser (but getting the 90.) It won't come with the (bonus) handheld unit that is advertised with the 50 laser unit that you buy online, because he said I was actually "getting it at a wholesale price." My understanding is, the 75 and 90 will cover more of the sides of the head.

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up buying the 90 light unit too! Very Happy

I called Jeff at thelasermax.com and was very impressed...he is a straight shooter and super pleasant. A totally nice guy...not someone that is there to rip you off.

I have dealt with stress-related hairloss since the early 90's and have tried most things out there. Viviscal (have taken it for 10+ years)and Folligen for Blondes (last 9 months) have ended up working very well for me, and I have very few thin spots anymore. However, I always panic when I start seeing increased shedding, even though I know that I personally seem to have seasonal growth spurts and the shedding may be normal.

This will be my insurance policy to keep my hair in my head...even when I am under a TON of work stress as I am now.

So my next question is whether or not the LLLT can be used for collagen development? Shock I am going to look into that further...Jeff mentioned on his site that you can use them for wound healing like LEDs, but if I could use it for skin rejuvenation I would be thrilled!

Here are some pics of the LaserMax Ultra 90 for the curious...unfortunately, it did not come with a bonus cabana boy to fetch me tropical drinks or massage my feet, but I'll make do. Very Happy

5% products discount

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Dazed wrote:

I figure I am looking at between $600-700 for the finished product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Dazed wrote:
bethany wrote:
Dazed wrote:

I figure I am looking at between $600-700 for the finished product.

That makes sense. Are you planning to remove the covers on the diodes like is mentioned on the OMG website? It is my understanding that it essentially reduces the strength of the laser, so I am not sure I would go that route.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Bethany, there seems to be a tradeoff, and OMG suggests a distance from the scalp of between 1.5-2.0 mm, as you can tell the LaserMax is much greater than that. I think I could get by with fewer diodes if the hood rotated. I have just scraped the surface of this topic, and I am several months of research away from building the helmet. There is extensive debate on this topic on www dot regrowth dot com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
So my next question is whether or not the LLLT can be used for collagen development? Shock I am going to look into that further...Jeff mentioned on his site that you can use them for wound healing like LEDs, but if I could use it for skin rejuvenation I would be thrilled!

Toby, have you considered this all? I am wondering how 30 secs of this on your whole face (with goggles) compares to an LED? It would be very fast!

Thoughts?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am FINALLY sitting under my LaserMax 90 for the first time, and just thought that I would share that you can adjust the height and depth of the stand to be as close to your head as you would like. Plus you can adjust the 3 side panels to be ultra close too...it is like my head is encased in a very close-fitting little box.

I have a very hard time believing that a helmet would sit any closer than this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the close fitting system and I can see it much better than the helmet idea.
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
This is a definitely interesting topic. I hope everyone who tried it chimes in with their results.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |