Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cleansing Eye Area??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:37 am      Reply with quote
What do you do?.....I dont often wear eye make up and stuff so havnt had the need for an eye makeup remover.......but m wondering what/how do you cleanse the eye area and using which products?..i guess they would have to be very gentle considering the delicate skin on the area.

I just normally use my facial cleanser and apply that near the eye area to cleanse it.....but in the back of my mind i keep thinking that i may be damaging the skin in the eye area by using my usual cleanser?

So which is it?
- Usual facial cleanser?
- Eye Makeup Remover to cleanse the eye area
- Special cleanser for the eye area?

The cleansing would be important for night time especially to take all of the products and dirt throughout the day. But what about morning? Do you skip cleansing this area and just use water?

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm using Karin Herzog Professional Cleanser at the moment, which is very good at removing any eye makeup. I use Mirenesse mascara (it's like the Blinc mascara) so I first gently pull the mascara tubes off my lashes with a warm damp cotton pad and then use the KH cleanser on the rest. In the past, If I was wearing just light makeup then I'd use whatever facial cleanser I was using at the time. For heavier eye makeup I would either use an eye makeup remover (oil based one) or just OCM. As long as what you're doing is not tugging at the eye area and not irritating the eyes then it's ok in my books. I had a very disappointing experience with Swisspers eye makeup remover pads for this very reason - they were pulling at the eye area and for all that pulling they were not even that effective!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
I just use cold water to release the mascara and then finish off with rose water...
I use Dr. Hauschka's mascara which isn't waterproof, so comes off easily with water...
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use Cellcosmet cleansing cream. Some people use jojoba oil as a cleanser. Oil is very good as a cleanser and doesn't dry up the skin, but I can't use it because my eyes are sensitive to oils.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:31 am      Reply with quote
iv heard of rose water being used as toner but not cleanser? Although i know toner acts as a final step prior to moisturizing to balance the skin and remove any leftover cleanser residue Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Well Rose water is a versatile thing.

It's what's left when creating Rose essential oil, so this is the distilled water with trace of that same Rose oil.

Some people prefer to take off makeup using oil, some using water. I am the latter.

I guess if you are using waterproof mascara that's a concoction of chemicals, you really do need something very strong to take it off.

Mascara I am using comes off easily with just plain water, so rose water is just a bonus....

The key, like mentioned above is not to drag on the eye area rather gently remove the makeup...
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I also normally use my facial cleanser and apply that near the eye area to cleanse it.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:19 am      Reply with quote
I find the following facial cleansers safe, non irritating and non drying for the eye area:
Cetaphil gentle cleanser
Cellcosmet cream cleanser

But if I am wearing smudge proof, or waterproof or gel eyeliner, I used to use Lancome or Cle de Peau, or Chanel eye makeup remover, by soaking a q-tip and lightly dab on my liner and mascara. Someone on EDS convinced me to try jojoba oil and I have tried it and it does work and perhaps less irritating then Lancome and Cle de Peau. I found Chanel not to be that irritating.
MMarble
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
When I wear makeup, I'll definitely use removers. Otherwise, I just use water.
frankmcs
5% products discount

Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:41 am      Reply with quote
Eye Makeup Remover to cleanse the eye area !
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Skincare,

I used to wear waterproof mascara, and waterproof eyeliners, but found they irritate my skin much more, and have to "cleanse" so much more and still a thin line would remain between lashes, and I had lashes falling out because of that...

So i figured I am not running everyday under pouring rain, so started using regular mascara - don't have any issues at all, and removal is a breeze
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
I wear waterproof eyeliner because I find the regular ones smudge very fast for me. I am glad to have found a very gentle way to remove my eyeliner.
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Karin Herzog Professional Cleanser for the whole face make up.And I would like to use the cleansing oil for all the waterproof makeup.I have several cleansing oil,and I like the Shu Uemura cleansing oil best.It can really clean out all the make up face from my face. Smile
fang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
i use Cetaphil gentle cleanser to remove my eye make-up,but need 2-3 times washing.
i may try jojoba oil next time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:17 am      Reply with quote
Some people prefer oily cleanser some watery....
I think both work well, one thing to keep in mind is that eye area is very gentle, so don't use heavy oils on it.
happier2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:14 am      Reply with quote
I think there is no need to clear your eye area if no makeup there. Smile
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Ponds cold cream to wipe off all my makeup and than my facial cleanser.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
happier2009 wrote:

I don't agree. You have to clean your face including eye area even if you don't have a make-up on.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I use a milk cleanser when I wear makeup and my usual Caudalie instant foaming cleanser when I don`t.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lara1 wrote:
happier2009 wrote:

I don't agree. You have to clean your face including eye area even if you don't have a make-up on.

I disagree, your eye area is so gentle, you don't want to overclean it.
If you don't have any eye makeup, let the skin handle it's own routine on its own.

Othewise, you are overcleaning it and drying it, and in no time you will end up with more saggy eyes and wrinkles.
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Lara1 wrote:
happier2009 wrote:

I disagree, your eye area is so gentle, you don't want to overclean it.
If you don't have any eye makeup, let the skin handle it's own routine on its own.

Othewise, you are overcleaning it and drying it, and in no time you will end up with more saggy eyes and wrinkles.

I never said that you have to over clean your eye area. I believe you have to clean your face (including eye area) at least twice per day with gentle cleanser whether you wear make-up or not. But I guess it is a personal choice.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
Whoa! Twice a day! With a cleanser!

I can bet this is the guaranteed way for wrinkled eye area!

You may need to do that if you work in coal mine I guess...
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Whoa! Twice a day! With a cleanser!

I can bet this is the guaranteed way for wrinkled eye area!

You may need to do that if you work in coal mine I guess...

My dermatologist suggests to clean at least twice per day.
Zverenok, when you don't have make up you just don't clean your eye area, not even once per day?! Do you clean your face and avoid eye area?
I can't imaging that one could just go to bed and don't use some sort of cleansing cream on the face and eye area, not that I criticise anyone! Smile
I use Cellcosmet and I just apply it to my entire face and rinse, it is very mild and doesn't irritate my skin. I guess frequent cleansing may make your skin dry, but it all depends on how you clean it and what product you use. As I said before it is a personal choice.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I too think it's a matter of personal choice how often you cleanse your face. Some ppl with amazingly clear soft skin only wash once a day, others cleanse twice a day with separate eye/face cleansers. Whatever is your choice - you know what works for your skin!

I use Bio-Nova cleanser, which is mild enough to use on the eye area but effective at removing makeup and sunscreen so that i don't have to use a separate eye makeup remover.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is a good one to take it all off, but I always feel like I need to use a cleanser after it to get the oil off.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Fawnie, I heard about Bio-Nova, where do you buy it? I use OCM once a week and I also feel that I need to use the cleansing cream after it, because I feel that my skin is oily after OCM.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |