Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Chapped Peeling lips
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Help, my lips are chapped peeling and bleeding too cuz I pulled on the skin. I can actually peel the entire skin off...gross I know sry Embarassed

I've been applying Vaseline & Osea Eyes & Lips on my lips every night. It's moisturizing when I put it on but as soon as I washed it off in the morning, it's all dry and wrinkly again. I'm wondering if it's the ingredients that caused my lips to be like that or just the dry weather?
nha_fiz
5% products discount

Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:29 am      Reply with quote
i also experience the same thing.. make thing worse my hands also cant be stopped from peeling off all the dry skin..i tried some lip balm including from nivea.even the products from body shop make my lips worse..now i discover that i only survive on cocoa butter enriched with vit e lip balm.it really solves my problem and i already hang on to it for almost 3 years

5% products discount

Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I have a good friend suffered the same thing as you , and she told me she used Burts&Bees lip stick to cure her lips , it really works . why don't you try and it's very cheap.

Besides , you can also use some honey on your lips , and paste a clean plastic wrap on the lips for several minute , honey cure chap lips .remember don't licking your lips any more as that will worse the status .
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:05 am      Reply with quote
My lips was ever chapped peeling and bleeding.Besides using the lip balm,you can drink a cup of warm water about 500C.C.My lips are never chapped again.You can try it. Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
helen_liu74 wrote:
I have a good friend suffered the same thing as you , and she told me she used Burts&Bees lip stick to cure her lips , it really works . why don't you try and it's very cheap.

I agree. I use Burts Bees original lip balm and its a lifesaver! Been using 3 tubes of the stuff and never have I had chapped lips again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Help, my lips are chapped peeling and bleeding too cuz I pulled on the skin. I can actually peel the entire skin off...gross I know sry Embarassed

I've been applying Vaseline & Osea Eyes & Lips on my lips every night. It's moisturizing when I put it on but as soon as I washed it off in the morning, it's all dry and wrinkly again. I'm wondering if it's the ingredients that caused my lips to be like that or just the dry weather?
Its the dry weather in combination with licking your lips. I think you are doing fine with the vaseline & Osea (although 2 products is overkill. You just have to keep reapplying to avoid the dryness and wrinkling. You have no other choice.
ceca01
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
A friend of mine has told me that Vaseline is actually making her lip dryness worse than it was for some reason. She is not using anything at the moment at all, she is just putting up with the symptoms at the moment.

I always have very dry lips in winter too and have been using vaseline but since I've heard that it's very bad for you I've switched to L'Occatine 100% shea butter and I apsolutely LOVE IT. It makes my lips so soft and nice and it's not that expensive either. I think it's about $10AU on this website although I bought it at the department store for $12 so it's not too bad.

Hope you find something that works for you. I think it wouldn't hurt you if you gave pure shea butter a go. At least it's all natural and you won't have any side effects from it.
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Drink more water,it likes everyone.
Try another lip balm instead of Vaseline.
I use Kiehl's lip balm.It's better I think.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:05 am      Reply with quote
omg, didn't know so many people shared this problem - me too, since I can remember myself, dry, peel off yaikes.

Stopped on Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care Stick, at first it worked wonders, if you use it regularly it keeps lips moist and nice.

Found that lately it's not as effective anymore for some reason, so am looking to try their lip balm...

I guess the problem is made worse when you peel off the skin, cause then the body heals itself by applying a new layer of skin, and the top layer (like any wound) would get covered in dry sort of skin which would fall of on its own when skin has completed the healing, but since it's irritating, you pull it off again and back you go to square one.

So to stop that, stop peeling it, keep moisturizing until fully healed...

I guess alterating between Kiehl and Dr. H is a good idea.
Jomin
5% products discount

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, this is my first time posting Smile

I just read from an expert to avoid using products with petroleum (Vaseline, etc) because it causes the lips to stop producing its natural moisturizing oil. He advised using products that contain natural oil such as almond oil, avocado...

Burt Bee lip balm works wonderful for me.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:06 am      Reply with quote
Jomin ,

Your doctor is exactly right, petroleum based products are not good for your skin in general.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised noone has suggested the Lips2Kiss for you yet. It's getting raves here on EDS.

Check out this thread (this product will def get rid of peeling lips for you)

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021&highlight=lips2kiss

Kandis (the owner) is a doll and she will guide you to smooth and kissable lips. I've been a user for almost 2 yrs.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:46 am      Reply with quote
foxe,

I guess that because I for one didn't know about Lip2Kiss yet - now I do and am liking what I read so far, although $80 does seem a bit pricey...
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
Jomin ,

Your doctor is exactly right, petroleum based products are not good for your skin in general.

i dint know about this.....as i apply petroleum on my lips everyday at night Shock maybe thats why my lips are so uneven in color......

do you reckon silkia camellia oil would be a better option?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies! Yes vaseline is horrid! It drys out my lips so much. It took me a long time work out that it was actually the vaseline that was making my lips drier! I discovered an Italian brand called Acca Kappa. I had a lip balm that was in a first class kit off a Cathay Pacific flight. It was just gorgeous. Sadly Ive run out, so looking for the next best thing!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
zverenok wrote:
foxe,

I guess that because I for one didn't know about Lip2Kiss yet - now I do and am liking what I read so far, although $80 does seem a bit pricey...

Yeah - the price does seem a bit high, but out of the 3 products that buys, they last about 3 mos or so. The problem is, she has so many nice products - that you can get addicted to that!! You do end up w/ soft, fuller lips, tho.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
simran,

any plant oil, eg. camellia, evening primrose etc. would be better then petroleum..
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I swear by Weleda Skin Food as a great all purpose product - I use it at night to prevent what used to be chronically dry legs and chapped lips. And for just carrying around with me during the day I've been using Pharmacopia Herbal Lip Elixir (although I've noticed that Whole Foods does carry a trial size of Skin Food which would be great for throwing in a bag).
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
Lips2Kiss is great if you are willing to invest in it.

Otherwise, I do like L'Occitane's Creamy Honey lip balm. It lasts the longest of other products I've tried in moisturizing and I've seen a difference in using it and I don't have to reapply as much. I will definitely rebuy.

Also try exfoliating your lips once a week. And look into taking hyaluronic acid with Biocell Collagen II capsules. Helps hydrate you from the inside out... Essential fatty acids are important too!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
I put a thick layer of Vaseline before go to bed, and my lip smooth in next morning.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
as notes elsewhere in another post, vaseline makes your lips stop 'working' and producing it's own protection. so vaseline is actually counter productive.

And to think that you are applying a byproduct of petroleum mining , yak!
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
The most effective method for me is not so much which lip product to use, the key is exfoliation. After you wash your face, while you lips are still warm, use the facial cloth, a microfiber preferably, to wipe away the dead skin. Once dead skin are off your lips will be much softer again. Then apply any regular lip balm will be just fine.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
happygal07 wrote:
Hello Ladies! Yes vaseline is horrid! It drys out my lips so much. It took me a long time work out that it was actually the vaseline that was making my lips drier! I discovered an Italian brand called Acca Kappa. I had a lip balm that was in a first class kit off a Cathay Pacific flight. It was just gorgeous. Sadly Ive run out, so looking for the next best thing!
I'm afraid this is not true. Please read this link.
https://www.cosmeticscop.com/reports-twenty-beauty-myths.aspx#myth12
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
I use organic shea butter and/or hemp oil as they are both very rich, full of healing nutrients, very inexpensive...and also eatable.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:19 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
happygal07 wrote:
I'm afraid this is not true. Please read this link.
https://www.cosmeticscop.com/reports-twenty-beauty-myths.aspx#myth12

Just think about how much money is invested in those kind of articles and 'myth brakers' by the actual companies who sell this stuff?

You think vaseline is good for you? What exactly in vaseline is good? Can you list some nutrient/vitamin constituents? Or do you just read this article you posted, and find that it suits you? You think that your skin can actually breath through it? Go ahead, use it. I'll just stick to plant derived products.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |