Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Boyfriend Gift Upgrade
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ginderella
5% products discount

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
So my boyfriend gets me these diamond studs for X-Mas which was a lovely thought. I asked for mid sized CZ's since I wanted them to show up and not have him spend too much. So they are set up way high which I hate because I have such flimsy earlobes from way to heavy 80's earrings and they are small to mid size but worst of all they are such inferior quality that I would rather wear fakes. They are cloudy and have no sparkle. So I went to price out a martini,snugly fit setting the next size up with a much better rating. Even with a huge sale they will cost me an additional 700.00. They are so pretty but all I asked for was 1/2carat $20.00 CZ's. I would be embarrassed to wear them since I am 47 and should own a descent pair. Why do people buy real ones anyway? Can anyone really tell? Sorry for the ramble too much X-Mas cheer. Anyway I don't think he would even notice the upgrade he was just so happy to get me the real deal. What would you do?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
That's a rough situtation. But he tried to go above and beyond and get you the real thing, so you have to give him credit there. Maybe he did not clearly hear your "size is more important than quality" tips?

Could you wear them in a 2nd earring hole?

Could you tough it out, pretend to get insurance, eventually pretend to lose one, and then pretend to get slightly bigger replacements (CZ's) with your pretend insurance money?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I say tell him the truth in a nice way...you know, something along the lines of "thank you for getting me the real thing, but..." and then educate him on the 4 Cs, and he'll understand why you want to return them, and save him the $$. If you are planning a future together, he'll appreciate your practicality!

My sister upgrades almost every year with her boyfriend's gifts, but she always lets him know she's doing it, and just doesn't tell him how much extra she spent. This year, because of the recession, he really cannot afford to go into debt for the beautiful diamond earrings he bought her. So, she's just going to return them, and have the money refunded to his credit card without any discussion. I"m sure he's going to be relieved when he finds out what she did.

5% products discount

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ladies,
I'm heading over soon to do the exchange. I hope I think it is worth it

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Thanks Ladies,
I'm heading over soon to do the exchange. I hope I think it is worth it

Keep us posted!

5% products discount

Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies,

Well I just ordered a pair of 1.68 carat tw. low,martini set,screw back earrings from a Wisconsin co. Diamond Nexus Labs. They are supposed to made of real carbon and undetectable. I finally confessed to my boyfriend and he was a little bummed since he feels like he put a lot of time into it. Ultimately he wants me to be happy so I'm glad I told him. His cost 200.00 on sale and mine are much bigger low set and hopefully perfect for 189.00. I guess honesty is the best policy. I'll report back on how they look.

Thanks for the advice! Happy New Year!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
Honesty is always the best policy, but I just can't stand hurting people's feelings when they put so much effort into picking a gift. Sad

But I am glad it worked out for you!!

Martini settings are also very nice...I wouldn't mind having some myself!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:24 am      Reply with quote
I'll be honest to him,and then educate him about 4Cs, he'll do better next time,I think.
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:40 am      Reply with quote
bethany, I know what you mean about not wanting to hurt feelings! I'm generally like that (would NEVER do something like that to a girlfriend), but I guess five years of being married to a practical man has changed that perspective. He's all about function and "whatever makes you happy", so I've learned to be assertive with my SO.

Perhaps I'm stereotyping when I think most men are like that? My 1st hubby, on the other hand, was sooooo sensitive....if he knew me now, he would think ice ran through my veins!

5% products discount

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I can't wait for my order to arrive. I may not have done it except he pretty much takes 80% of my gifts back. So now he sees how it feels, not that I wanted to teach him a lesson. I just don't want 200.00 dollars to go to waste

5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
I think you did fine. The fact that you've deliberated over it so much shows you are conscientious and wanted to do the right thing. My boyfriend bought me a stupid necklace and a bracelet that falls off my wrist--now forever in my jewelry box. Unfortunately he bought it at a locally owned business and I can't return it. At least you can do something about your situation.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
I can't wait for my order to arrive. I may not have done it except he pretty much takes 80% of my gifts back. So now he sees how it feels, not that I wanted to teach him a lesson. I just don't want 200.00 dollars to go to waste

Well, that changes EVERYTHING!! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I've shopped for high quality CZ jewelry online and did some research a few months ago. I don't want to get off topic but this is what I found about Nexus Labs:
http://www.yourgemologist.com/ISGForumsBoard/showthread.php?t=1996
http://www.diamond.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=2456

I went for Asha instead. I can't comment about Nexus since I've never purchased from them so I'm curious to know how yours turn out ginderella. I hope they are good
myamax
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
I went for Asha instead. I can't comment about Nexus since I've never purchased from them so I'm curious to know how yours turn out ginderella. I hope they are good

I am looking for some stud earrings...may I ask how you like the Asha? I was reviewing both theirs and Nexus lab site, and an opinion from someone whom has the product would be most welcome!
Cheers
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered a pink asha and I was very happy with the brilliance of the stone. I took it to three jewelers to enquire about the price to set the stones. All three asked me if it were real and wanted to look at it with a loupe. To me, it looked convincingly real. I stayed away from Nexus because they appear to be selling plain old CZs but claim otherwise.
ginderella
5% products discount

Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh great... Here we go...

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:09 am      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Oh great... Here we go...

Hello ginderella - please do keep us posted on what your thoughts are re: your purchase when it arrives. I am very curious how your like your earrings, as I too am interested in something around 1.3-1.5 carat tw (about 0.65-0.75 per earring) which is just shy of what you ordered.

Will avoid purchasing anything until I hear back re: your thoughts. Without having something side by side from Asha and Nexus to comapre it is difficult, but personal experience and opinions of others whom have purchased is the one of the next best things!
ginderella
5% products discount

Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Will do ...hoping to get them tomorrow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Interlap is supposedly another big brand of CZ, and there is also Moissanite which is the closest to an actual diamond in composition.

Here are some threads where they talk about mutiple makers:

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/view.asp?topicID=21693

http://www.simstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-jewelry-box/moissanite-vs-asha-vs-cz-300689-2.html

5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Well I got them today. They arrived in a beautiful box with a small box of chocolates (nice touch). They appear to be gorgeous but I need to see them in daylight. Any bigger would be too much for my lobes and they fit nicely against my ear, especially the damaged lobe. I got the screw backs which have a circle on the back which gives more support and have less chance of falling off,but will probably take longer getting on and off. Not a problem if you plan on wearing them a lot.

After reading more on the Asha they are more expensive, and some say the Nexus are plain CZ which can get cloudy and get damaged over time, but in the ears they shouldn't sustain much damage like a ring would. Also they claim to not be CZ. Who to believe? Moissanite are said to be beautiful but very expensive and some say they just seem to look a little different.

Anyhoo the Nexus are guaranteed and will replace a stone if it wears funny, so lets hope they stay in business.

I'll report back after a daytime inspection.

Ta Ta...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
ginderella wrote:
Well I got them today. They arrived in a beautiful box with a small box of chocolates (nice touch).

Hmm...I wonder if they send the chocolates all year? One of my clients sent out chocolates to their top clients, and I was included on the list (I get ALL of their communications, sigh). Too bad it was in the middle of the summer in the South and they were a melted mess! Shock But rest assured, after I rejuvenated them in the fridge, they were ugly but edible. Bad Grin

I'm glad to hear the earrings passed the first inspection...all that matters is that YOU like them!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
They truly are beautiful during the day and undetectable to my untrained eye. Hope they hold up.

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:41 am      Reply with quote
You are doing good job. There are lot of problem, but you can prove you are the best one. Now days, So many people are worried about it. No one can do anything.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |