Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi NuDerm Maintenance Products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gracie

Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
which product are you referring to? The complete set?
gracie

Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
For 4-1/2 months I've been using the complete obagi NuDerm system. Now it's time to go on maintenance and I need some help (step-by-step, AM & PM to figure out what products to use & how often.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
gracie wrote:
For 4-1/2 months I've been using the complete obagi NuDerm system. Now it's time to go on maintenance and I need some help (step-by-step, AM & PM to figure out what products to use & how often.

The usual maintenance is continue with the cleanser and toner every a.m. and p.m. 2-3 days a week in the morning only use the Clear and Exfoderm (you can use them both on the same day, or you can use Clear 2-3 times in the morning, and on different mornings use the Exfoderm 2-3 mornings). The Blender/Retin A is used anywhere from 2-5 nights a week. You will have to play around with the times and see what is the least you can get away with using! Hope that helps.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl

Which Obagi you will use under eyes? Do you also apply Retin A?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
I use less product for maintenance on the Obagi product system. Depending on your skin type, I guess Smile

gracie wrote:
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
rileygirl

Which Obagi you will use under eyes? Do you also apply Retin A?

I use all of the products under my eyes, critic! And, yes I do apply Retin A under my eyes, as well!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl

I tried to put Retin A under my eyes for few months, but it's too dry and the fine lines are obvious than before, so I have stopped. I know most people will say it will take a longer time to see the result, but it was very scary. I only applied a bit at night. Did I do anything wrong?

I'm 41, besides the fine line, I don't have any problem at all.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rileygirl,

Do you mind if I ask some more?

When you are saying you apply everything from Obagi under your eyes:

1. what is the reason for you to doing that? reduce fine lines etc?

2. how long it takes to see the result? Are you happy with the result?

FYI, I have on and off been using Obagi for 10 years, but never try them under my eyes.

Thanks a lot!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
rileygirl

I tried to put Retin A under my eyes for few months, but it's too dry and the fine lines are obvious than before, so I have stopped. I know most people will say it will take a longer time to see the result, but it was very scary. I only applied a bit at night. Did I do anything wrong?

I'm 41, besides the fine line, I don't have any problem at all.

No, you didn't do anything wrong. Some people just can't tolerate the Retin A under the eyes. Did you use an eye cream on top of the Retin A? Sometimes that will help people tolerate the RA under the eyes better. If you decide to go back on Obagi, or even if you don't (!), you may want to try a milder Retinol product and an eye cream on top of that. (And, you are right, they do say for improvement in lines/wrinkles, it can take Retin A up to 1 year of nightly use for maximum results!)
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I did not top any eye cream on Retin-A, I have decided to order Obagi here (waiting if they will offer discount before Valentine's!)

I am using 0.05 at night, maybe will try a 0.01 under eyes.

thanks again!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
I did not top any eye cream on Retin-A, I have decided to order Obagi here (waiting if they will offer discount before Valentine's!)

I am using 0.05 at night, maybe will try a 0.01 under eyes.

thanks again!

Critic, .025% is the weakest level of Retin A.

And if you apply a cream UNDER the Retin A, it will help blunt the impact of the Retin A and you will not have so much irritation. I built up following that method, and had very little irritation and peeling in that area. Not I just use the .05% straight under my eyes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:32 am      Reply with quote
critic wrote:
Hi rileygirl,

Do you mind if I ask some more?

When you are saying you apply everything from Obagi under your eyes:

1. what is the reason for you to doing that? reduce fine lines etc?

2. how long it takes to see the result? Are you happy with the result?

FYI, I have on and off been using Obagi for 10 years, but never try them under my eyes.

Thanks a lot!

Critic, I use all the products under my eyes to reduce fine lines, but also to make sure that my whole face was a "uniform" color.

I am still working on fine lines. I am happy with results as far as getting rid of freckles but it will take a longer time to diminish wrinkles than just the 4 1/2 months.

Just go very slow. Again, not everyone can tolerate the products under the eyes. The most important one for diminishing the lines is going to be the Blender/Retin A. You can apply just a tiny bit of that under your eyes and the make sure you top that off with an eye cream. Go slow under the eye area. You can start with applying the RA/Blender under the eyes every other day or every 2-3 days and build up from there.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
And if you apply a cream UNDER the Retin A, it will help blunt the impact of the Retin A and you will not have so much irritation. I built up following that method, and had very little irritation and peeling in that area. Not I just use the .05% straight under my eyes.

I personally don't recommend doing that, particularly if one is using Nu Derm. Yes, you are "blunting" the impact, but Retin A should be used first before anything else so that it can get down to the layers to do its job. I personally think a moisturizer on top of the Retin A (under the eyes only) is the best way to go.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:51 am      Reply with quote
I have been talking to Dr. Baumann via email and I asked her about Retin A under the eyes Razz Here is what she said:

Yes it can. Dilute it 1/2 with your moisturizer and apply once a week in the beginning and slowly work your way to every night. Or- you can use a retinol like Roc correxion first and then use diluted Retin A.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:26 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,

Thanks a lot! I feel better to start using if with your confirmation.

The first time I used Obagi was in winter, I had an excuse to tell strangers that my face turned red/rash because of the cold weather.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I also used all of my Obagi Nu Derm products under my eyes and yes, my eye area looked worse for about two months. After the two months my under eye area started to look much better. Now that I've been on Obagi Nu Derm maintenance for about 4 months my under eye area is the most improved area of my face. Obviously my entire face is discoloration free but my under eye area has seen such a substantial improvement. All of my crepiness is gone along with my fine lines. Finally my makeup looks nice and smooth under my eyes. It was worth the two months of looking worse under my eyes to get to the improvements I've experienced.

As far as Obagi Nu Derm mainenance goes and what to use, everyone is different. I've found all I need is the Blender/Renova mix every other night. I just started using the Zo Jumpstarter kit so I am incorporating that in my routine every morning and on the opposite nights that I use the Blender/Renova mix. Even if I wasn't using Zo I would still only use the Blender/Renova mix every other night. The Blender has a small amount of Hydroquinone in it so unless my skin starts to discolor again I find I don't need the Clear. I just make sure to apply my sunscreen everyday and avoid the sun as much as possible and so far my skin is doing great.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:32 am      Reply with quote
What a great post, Keli13, and I am very impressed by your results in your eye area. That is very encouraging!

Critic, keep us posted on how you are doing. It can be very trying being on Nu Derm, but there are a lot of us here who have done it (and like you repeated it all over again!) so we definitely understand what you will be going through!

(Keli, I will be very curious how you like the ZO products. I think it will a great addition to our maintenance!)
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
hello everyone..

i have been use obagi for 2 years now, i love obagi, can i just just keeping using it? will that have side effect if i keep using it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Yaling! I am glad to hear that you love Obagi. Are you using the products on maintenance or are you using all the products every day?

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can tell you definitely if you will have side effects from the products using them long term or not. I know there have been many people who have used them for way longer than 2 years and they are having no issues.

I think if you are happy with your skin and love the products, keep using them (at maintenance - meaning not every day). That is just my opinion and I am sure others will come along to give you their opinion.
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
I also used all of my Obagi Nu Derm products under my eyes and yes, my eye area looked worse for about two months. After the two months my under eye area started to look much better. Now that I've been on Obagi Nu Derm maintenance for about 4 months my under eye area is the most improved area of my face. Obviously my entire face is discoloration free but my under eye area has seen such a substantial improvement. All of my crepiness is gone along with my fine lines. Finally my makeup looks nice and smooth under my eyes. It was worth the two months of looking worse under my eyes to get to the improvements I've experienced.

As far as Obagi Nu Derm mainenance goes and what to use, everyone is different. I've found all I need is the Blender/Renova mix every other night. I just started using the Zo Jumpstarter kit so I am incorporating that in my routine every morning and on the opposite nights that I use the Blender/Renova mix. Even if I wasn't using Zo I would still only use the Blender/Renova mix every other night. The Blender has a small amount of Hydroquinone in it so unless my skin starts to discolor again I find I don't need the Clear. I just make sure to apply my sunscreen everyday and avoid the sun as much as possible and so far my skin is doing great.

I also just use tretinoin and Blender. I used it nightly for a sort of Obagi cycle, and it was enough to make a real difference, although it did give me the 'uglies' for weeks. I only use it a couple of times a week now, and am quite pleased with the maintenance

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |