Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Any Vichy users?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still looking for my HG moisturiser and I've read on some beauty blogs that Vichy is rather popular.
I registered for their sin consultation and was recommended a couple of products but when I checked them out - reviews, ingredients, it didnt seem suitable for me. So I've narrowed it down to the aqualia thermal serum and the Oliga 25 (green).
Any reviews for these two products?

And what are your views on Vichy skincare products excluding the sunscreen?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used vichy ten years ago. I think it is suitable for young ladies.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I bought a few of their products from the drug store years ago and didn't like them...they were nothing special and the cleanser wasn't very good...left a film and my skin didn't feel clean. I think they use Mexoryl in their sunscreen which is reported to be a very good sunscreen.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:20 am      Reply with quote
harriet wrote:
I bought a few of their products from the drug store years ago and didn't like them...they were nothing special and the cleanser wasn't very good...left a film and my skin didn't feel clean. I think they use Mexoryl in their sunscreen which is reported to be a very good sunscreen.

That's it. Actually, all brands under LOREAL add SX/XL into the sun-protection line, even the YU-SAI and Mini-nurse, which two were purchased and only sold in Asian markets.
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I used Vichy for stretch marks, and was a total bummer. Doesn't perform, doesn't do anything, in fact a total waster of money imho.

You are better off using plain shea butter to prevent or treat those.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your reviews on Vichy.
Hmmm, it seems as though not many people like Vichy products. It doesnt get many rave reviews from MUA either. Now I'm unsure of whether to try them Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:38 am      Reply with quote
I have tried aqualia thermal serum and it was nothing special seemed to give moisture but made my skin dull never tried the Oligo 25 , but love Vichys cleansing milk for dry skin
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
I actually ordered and tried the Vichy cellulite product (no effects) and received several samples of a cleanser and moisturizer. I didn't think they were anything special.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
I have tried aqualia thermal serum and it was nothing special seemed to give moisture but made my skin dull never tried the Oligo 25 , but love Vichys cleansing milk for dry skin

Hi Smile . So the serum did hydrate your skin, did it help with the flakies? Did it cause any breakouts? I just want something to give me moisture but I want clear skin too Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it gave me breakouts, and the iritation made my face look dull
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
nibn wrote:
Yes it gave me breakouts, and the iritation made my face look dull

Do you have any idea which ingredients caused the breakouts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am sensitive skin.So I use Vichy for a long time. I find it does good to sensitive skin.But when your skin is not in sensitive,you do not need to use it again. I think it is not any use to normal skin. Maybe for young girl is good.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
What about the Vichy spray then? I heard it helps with acne and also moisturizing?
JoanofSpark

Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there!

The Vichy is a thetmal spa water spray. It helps when you feel dehydrated and also is nice to set your makeup with. It does not cause breakouts. I am not sure it 'helps' with acne, but I am sure it couldn't hinder or in any way cause it.

I have used Vichy products when my skin had become extremely dehydrated. I used to use Aquathermal (not sure if they make it anymore).

I suffer from acne and tried their acne line(Normaderm). It was by far the most dehydrating think I ever tried in my life.

If you are looking for something that is extemely hydrating from Vichy, I have heard great things about NeOvadiol.

Their body creams are great. Lipidose smells good and feel so comfy!
JoanofSpark

Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:00 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I'm still looking for my HG moisturiser and I've read on some beauty blogs that Vichy is rather popular.
I registered for their sin consultation and was recommended a couple of products but when I checked them out - reviews, ingredients, it didnt seem suitable for me. So I've narrowed it down to the aqualia thermal serum and the Oliga 25 (green).
Any reviews for these two products?

And what are your views on Vichy skincare products excluding the sunscreen?

Hi again,

Just realised I didn't even answer the original question. Oliga 25 is a great gel-cream hydrator. I have tried it and liked the feel. It's not greasy and hydrates well. This is a product I'd recommend to someone in their 20's to early 30's. As for the Aqualia Thermal Serum, it's a really nice product. Makes your skin feel silky. I never bought it but tried some off of a friend. If your skin is really dehydrated I think this in conjunction with another moisturiser will do the trick.

Hope this helps Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks JoanofSpark . I'm tempted to give the Oligo 25 and the Aqualia serum a try as my skin is so dry right now. But Im trying out another moisturiser right now so I've got to wait to see if this moisturisers any good first!

Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
You are welcome yeahyeah!

Good luck with your new products! I hope they work out for you Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I used some sample of vichy . but it is not for my skin. I am combination skin.
sunteana
5% products discount

Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
The aqualia thermal serum fit for dry skin.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I use their tinted moisturiser - its the best TM I've ever tried, really gives you a lift without looking overdone. Highly recommended

Not tried the 2 products you have asked about though, sorry!
frankmcs
5% products discount

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like Vichy. Years ago, I bought a few of their products from the drug store.Using them just for two weeks later, I got much acne on my forehead. It was a terrible period.
SOLARTINA
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used vichy four years ago. I think it is suitable for young ladies who has no big skin problems.Feel nothing after you used it.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is an old thread that I started last year but I've finally picked up the Aqualia Thermal serum and the moisturiser (Light).
I will be using each of the Vichy product soon - as soon as I've finished by current tube of moisturiser.
Just wondering if there are any more reviews for the Vichy Aqualia thermal range?

***Boots UK are doing a 3 for 2 on all skincare (the offer is still in store and online so stock up on your skincare Wink ).

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Vichy is too irritating for my skin, not hydrating enough plus
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I use Vichy products for cellulite. I try their skin products quite a long time ago. I did not find it too amazed then.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |