Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Dr. Hauschka Rose Day Cream is not for everyone...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Well, not for my skin type anyhow Sad . I tried for three days to give this cream a go, I've heard that even people with super sensitive skin can use this product with no probs...but not this girl, I must have the most sensitive skin on the planet!! At first I thought, okay this is nice, the smell is heavenly, and I even got the la mer glow people have raved about getting when using this product, but the glow for me was only my face getting redder and redder with each daily application. It was like it took all the oil from my skin and dehydrated me for some strange reason, which was odd because this felt very moisturizing when applied to the skin!
Now my skin is really messed up to the point I am scared to put anything on, its kind of rash like ecxzema and is breaking out all over my forehead, nose and around my chin areas.
My question is what could possible make me allergic to this product??
I was also wondering what I could use to get my skin back to normal, it is stinging so bad right now, and irritated to the point I don't even want to put water on it! Donna
Lifeplyr01
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello there,
Oh gosh, so sorry to here of your reaction. I personally have never tried the Rose Day Cream by Dr. H, although I have been tempted. I have tried other brands containing Rose Hip Oil and my skin turned slightly red with little bumps. Not sure if there's a connection, but I guess there is a chance that you are allergic. To clear up your skin I would suggest using hydrocortisone (OTC)for a few days. This will help relieve the irritation--at least it does for me. G'Luck and feel better soon!

Lisa
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
occcchhhh...
So sorry to hear of your discomfort. I just looked over the ingrediants: are you by any chance allergic to peanuts, bees or shea? I guess next time try all products on your wrist or nect to avoid reaction.

In the meantime, I wouldn't put anything else on there and just let the skin calm down. Maybe tomorrow just use pure Olive oil or crack open a vitamin e capsule. Cortisone does work well too but you may be to sensitive right now even for that. I would wait a few days.

Good Luck & we pray you heal soon ,
Andrea
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Thanks girls, my skin is recovering, I used some hydrocortisone last night and it feels much better today! I will still have to be careful of what I put on it, no makeup or anything...hopefully I don't scare anybody when I go to town today Laughing .

I seem to break out from products with the natural oils in them, like decleor too which I can't use. I'm so bummed cause I love the smell of rose. I know I'm severely allergic to lanolin which I know isn't in any of these products! I guess its back to the drawing board, I will continue using my old standby md formulations antioxidant creme but I'm still looking for the product I can't live without! Hopefully someday I will find it!!
Thanks again!
Donna
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:38 am      Reply with quote
ouch!
the only thing that i can think of is, is there peanut oil, and are you allergic to peanuts? i know that some of dr. hauschka's products have peanut oil in them.
either that, it's just a fluke that you've had such a bad reaction.
Mabsy

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Ouchy! Really sorry to hear that. I have used the Rose Cream heaps of times with no problems but my skin is not sensitive. However, Leeleedeedee (who does have really sensitive skin) uses this as well and likes it. Though this just goes to show that skin sensitivity has different underlying causes.

Btw, you mentioned that you've had reactions to Decleor as well. Have you tried their Harmonie Essentielle cream? That is actually meant for sensitive skin and it works really well on reactions etc. I'm not actually recommening this to you (I'm too scared to recommend anything to you given the sensitivity of your skin! Embarassed ) but I was just wondering if you have had a reaction to this also.

I'm glad to hear that your skin is healing up. Smile
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Mabsy! I know Leeleedeedee has sensitive skin too and has no probs, she actually helped to make my mind up to give the rose cream a whirl because she said that she also had the most sensitive skin on the planet! I guess I beat her, mine is more sensitive than hers Laughing .
I do have the Decleor soothing harmonie cream and I applied it today. It didn't burn or anything when i put it on my skin, it actually felt nice, I will cross my fingers and hope there is no reactions, I will let you know how i make out with it. I have had this sitting in my bathroom cabinet and didn't want to use it till I used up my md formulations and the rose cream. I guess I will use the dr. h rose cream for my elbows and knees since they are not as sensitive as my face, thankyou so much for the replies!
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Moosette,

I'm glad that you're healing better, that reaction you had sounded nasty. Shock I received a sample of the Dr. H Rose Day cream and it's used up without any problems. I wish you had a chance to try the sample first before you bought the whole product Crying or Very sad, I guess that's the pulling power of our forum members, happens to me all the time. Very Happy Hopefully your elbows and knees won't be as sensitive so you can use it up !

Lamicuz, I had no idea this product has peanut oil in it, which is interesting, because I wonder if you're allergic to certain oils/ food by ingesting them is it the same if you apply it topically? hmm Embarassed Asking as I have no idea !
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:14 am      Reply with quote
summertime girl,
i don't know whether the rose cream specifically has peanut oil, but i do know that some of dr hauschka's other products have peanut oil.
i believe under the question portion of dr h's website, the peanut question is brought up.

yes, apparently, it is possible to have a peanut reaction from topical application of a peanut derived product, i've even heard of severe cases where if the person is even in the same room as a smigen of peanut, they can have a reaction.
Aurora
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:48 am      Reply with quote
The ingredients listed on the eose cream box is: aqua, arachis hypogaea, althaea officinalis, cera flava, persea gratissima, hypericum perforatum, butyrospermum parkii, rosa gallica, lecithin, rosa canina, parfum

I don't know what all of these products are, but sheabutter and avocado are supposed to be part of the rosecream. i was actually most suprised that the rosecream contains parfum...
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
That may be my problem right there (parfum) Shock I'm highly allergic to any fragrances, especially if they go anywhere near my facial skin. Donna
Glow
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
hey moosette (such a cute nick by the way Smile )
i have a very good friend who is also allergic to essential oils and she swears by Dr. Renaud (i think it's dermazulene cream and dermazulene cleansing milk). I think Dr. Renaud's products are especially famous for not containing any crazy ingredients. I reckon you should ask for some samples from EDS with your next order just to try it out. Wink
Sassyred
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Sorry you had a problem. One person's holy grail can be another's nightmare! People can even react with all natural or essential oils too.

I use to love La Mer, but others broke out terribly and the same with jojoba oil. It caused some to breakout and yet clears my breakouts UP!

Do you really look at ingredients in skincare? or should I say will you now? Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Moosette, I just came upon this post and am so sorry to hear about your bad results with the Rose Day Cream. I really, really do have the most annoyingly sensitive skin. The Rose Day Cream is very well tolerated. All of Dr. Hauschka's products are EXCEPT the "Cleansing Milk." I couldnt believe the reaction I had. I think it's the "almond oil" because for some strange reason my skin always breaks out with almond oil. Yet, it's supposed to be so good for sensitive skin. All this to show that skin can be sensitive to even the most natural of products. In looking at the ingrdients of Rose Day Cream "Peanut Oil" is the second listed ingredient. It could be the culprit. Hard to say but it is certainly possible. Sorry, for your disappointing results.

I also use some of Dr. Renaud products. Very good and have not had a reaction to anything I've used.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:56 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |