Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

OK to use Obagi C cleanser w/ Nuderm and SuperCop?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
I received my order of Obagi Nuderm Toner,Clear,and Blender. I also got my SuperCop and IS Clinical C-15 Serum about a month ago. This last order, EDS gave me a full size Obagi C cleansing gel (I love the free gifts from EDS! Dancing ) so I am wondering if I am mixing products that are in conflict with each other.
I apologize for the long post. I am currently not under a dermatologist care, but had been prescribed Obagi in the past. I have normal skin, asian, late forties, basically good skin with light pigmentation but would love to get some firming since my cheeks are starting to droop down towards my mouth. I would appreciate if you can mention anything that is drastically wrong with my routine below or if I am using products that are counteracting each other. Or should i even consider adding something with DMAE on it on certain evenings?

AM Routine:
Obagi C Cleansing Gel
Obagi Nuderm Toner
IS Clinical C-15 serum
Avene Mineral Cream 50spf

PM Routine
Obagi C Cleansing Gel
Obagi Nuderm Toner
.1% Retin A with SuperCop

Obagi Routine on Alternate Mornings:
Obagi C Cleansing Gel
Obagi Nuderm Toner
Obagi Clear
Obagi Exfoderm
Avene Mineral Cream 50spf

Obagi Routine on Alternate Evenings:
Obagi C Cleansing Gel
Obagi Nuderm Toner
Obagi Clear
Obagi Blender with .1% Retin A

I also have a BQ and just bought the Ageless If You Dare book, which I need to use more consistently.

Thank you folks for your time.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I have never heard of adding SuperCop to NuDerm. But if you look at the C Cleanser it is the same as the regular NuDerm Cleanser except for one added ingredient: ascorbic acid! That is the only additional ingredient. Apparantly the ascorbic acid lowers the pH of the cleanser, which is why there is no Toner necessary with the C system. So myself and some other people I know, just use the C cleanser, and I use no toner, since the pH is already low enough to forgo the toner. It saves a bit of money too.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Drop the toner after your C Cleansing Gel. No toner is needed with that cleanser.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Check out Ageless if You Dare - a $10 facial exercise program that is already starting to eliminate the drooping of my cheeks.

I could see a decrease in my marionette lines within 30 days, and posted some improvement pics on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
I have never heard of adding SuperCop to NuDerm. But if you look at the C Cleanser it is the same as the regular NuDerm Cleanser except for one added ingredient: ascorbic acid! That is the only additional ingredient. Apparantly the ascorbic acid lowers the pH of the cleanser, which is why there is no Toner necessary with the C system. So myself and some other people I know, just use the C cleanser, and I use no toner, since the pH is already low enough to forgo the toner. It saves a bit of money too.

Thanks Amonavis and Rileygirl for the tip on dropping the toner after the C Cleansing gel. I could certainly use the savings, since I have been almost broke after I joined EDS. Smile
I wasn't adding supercop and Nuderm Blender. They are on different nights, but both mixed in with Retin A. Is Retin A under SuperCop a no-no? Or should I just skip the Retin A on the nights I use SuperCop?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
I wasn't adding supercop and Nuderm Blender. They are on different nights, but both mixed in with Retin A. Is Retin A under SuperCop a no-no? Or should I just skip the Retin A on the nights I use SuperCop?

I mix the RA and CPx2 occasionally myself. I don't see any problems with that. My only concern is the C in the cleanser with the CP, as there should be that 12 hr wait between C and CP.
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I mix the RA and CPx2 occasionally myself. I don't see any problems with that. My only concern is the C in the cleanser with the CP, as there should be that 12 hr wait between C and CP.

I didn't know about the 12 hr wait between C and the CP. I'll change the cleanser when I am using the SuperCop. Thanks rileygirl!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:32 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
I didn't know about the 12 hr wait between C and the CP. I'll change the cleanser when I am using the SuperCop. Thanks rileygirl!!

No problem! Good luck. Very Happy
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Check out Ageless if You Dare - a $10 facial exercise program that is already starting to eliminate the drooping of my cheeks.

I could see a decrease in my marionette lines within 30 days, and posted some improvement pics on this thread:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

I couldn't see your picture from the thread but it seems like you have a lot of success with the Ageless program. I purchased the download and also got Loulou's video. It's just that I am from the "don't touch the face generation" so it takes a while to unbrainwash me that it is ok to pull and tug on the skin.
Your success gives me hope and will definitely ease into the exercise program. (In fact, I did a couple last night Shock ).

Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |