Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Matte facial sunscreen
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Im sure this has been asked before, but any opinions on facial sunscreen for oily, but sensitive skin would be appreciated. I use clinique city block spf 15 at the moment, but want something with higher spf for when the sun shines more! Most sunscreens break me out or leave me shiny, something that hubby could use too would be great?
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have exactly the same the problem, I ordered DDF spf30 organic sunblock from EDS about a month a go which I have been using daily, and for the first time in my life I can actually use a sunblock without reacting, hope this helps.
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I will think about the ddf, you are not finding it to greasy? Like the idea of physical barrier rather than chemicals, just looking the one least oily!
drlee

Sun Apr 11, 2004 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
Have you realized that there is a Clinique Super City Block with SPF25. I think the protection is quite adequate for outdoor activities and it's not oily as well.
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Although I like the clinique city block spf 15, it did seem to make my face shiny after a while, although its difficult to tell if it would be shiny anyway if i didnt wear it! Was just hoping there is a miracle product out there that would stop 'oilies' completely!
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Clinique City Block spf15 as well, like you have described, it appeared shiny after a while, and it did feel greasy on my face right after application!.... also, as I recalled, it came with color (I would rather have the colorless one), however, even the light shade was too dark for me.

The best sunscreen I ever had was sofina very very, it's a Japanese brand, it has a SPF 24, it's extremely light and smooth, unlike the average lotion, it's milky like liquid... but I couldnt find any distributor carrying this here in the US..too bad!
abighill@aol.com
5% products discount

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:39 am      Reply with quote
No greasiness with the ddf sunblock, I get a very matte finish and makeup goes on fine afterwards
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I think I like the sound of the ddf, will probably purchase some soon, along with a sample (hopefully!) of the cell-cosmet eye cream! My oily skin is improving very slightly, but need something to improve the fine lines around my eyes, and as I never really suffer with puffiness or dark circles, this one seems to be recommended?
saver
5% products discount

Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Lee. I'd appreciate greatly if you could tell about the results with DDF. I have exactly the same skin condition as you do and I'm having problems with which brand of suncreen SPF30 to use. Smile
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:56 am      Reply with quote
I really liked the ddf, i smoothed it over damp skin and applied makeup over the top after 15 mins. i have naturally oily skin anyway so will get some shine whatever, but i certainly dont think the ddf made it anyworse. best of all ...no irritation either which i get with chemical sunscreens. i also felt it kept my skin a little cooler, which is a benefit of physical sunscreens. hope this helps!
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:59 am      Reply with quote
Lee,

I have been searching for a sunscreen for oily /acne prone skin that will not show my sometime - flakes. I live in Japan so it's a big deal for me to have them shipped over and then find out they don't work. I've read some of the reviews on this and other websites about various sunscreens. Personally, I spend so much money and effort on my skincare that I don't want to add another layer to my face that will take away from what I've acheived.

One of the problems with the physical blockers that I've read is that they leave a white cast on the skin. From what I've read about and since learned, the Japanese sunscreens are far superior to many others in terms of texture and UV protection. Every one I've tried here has been amazing, they just dissolve into the skin and you really don't feel like you are wearing anything.

I've been using the Anessa SPF 43 PA+++ for Sensitive skin and it's amazing. At the end of the day, I have no oil on my skin and it looks just like it did in the morning. I don't even need to wear foundation anymore. I've also read that the Shiseido SPF50 PA+++ is similar in feel to this one and can be easily found in Canada / US. The Japanese rating system has a PA rating in addition to the SPF. This refers to the UVA protection: + being the lowest and +++ being the highest.

bbiz, Here is a link where you can find the sofina in the US.

http://www.beautiful4u.com/search.asp?catId=0&brandid=417&as_q=

Here are links to two sites selling Shiseido, both the Japanese one and the US ones. I also have the ingredient list in you need it.

http://www.beautiful4u.com/productdetail.asp?productid=1864cbx27039.html

http://websun01.sasa.com/sasa/application/commercewf?origin=searchbox.jsp&event=link(sasaSearch)
Medusa
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:59 am      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido SPF50 PA+++. I have a brown combo skin and I use the lotion sunscreen instead of the cream.
It has a very light texture, feels great, not greasy at all and it sinks quite good in the skin, leaves the skin mat. And It smells delicious! Cool

Medusa
indianT
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:39 am      Reply with quote
I have the DDF Organic Sunblock Spf30 and i do have the same skin type as Lee. It leaves my skin a bit greasy few hrs later eventhough i use a small amount. I think that Shiseido SPF50 PA+++ is calling me.
scootercat
5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to second Medusa's post. I have used Shiseido sunscreens forever. In my opinion, they are the best around. They don't even feel like sunscreens. I use Extra Smooth SPF33 lotion everyday.

Amy
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 13, 2004 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Sofina UV cut milk Extra sunblock SPF50PA+++ is SUPER!
Glow
5% products discount

Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
i also heard great things about ddf sun gel, it'a designed especially for acne-prone oily skin and my friend who bought it swears by it.
i could not believe how cheap it was in comparison to all the other brands - $29cdn is not bad at all!! Cool
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I read the DDF Sun Gel contains alcohol, which can be very drying for skin. Confused
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:06 am      Reply with quote
Can someone tell me the ingredients in the shiseido spfs? Trouble is I have tried some lovely chemical based spfs with a lovely texture etc, but they irritate at the end of the day and often contain fragrance. The irritation then causes my skin to get warm and gets shiny as a result. With the ddf, I did have some shine, but at least no irritation, and when I removed it, my skin felt smooth and not bumpy as with others.
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:51 am      Reply with quote
The first one contains physical blockers only, but I believe all of them are for sensitive skin. There is another, an SPF 50 PA+++ for faces only, but I couldn't find the ingredients. I know when I use the first one, my freckles don't even pop out - a real first!

Here's the list for Anessa SPF43 PA+++ for Sensitive skin

WATER, CYCLOMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, CETYL OCTANOATE,
DIMETHICONE COPOLYOL, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, METHYL GLUCETH-10,
TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE,SORBITAN SESQUIISOSTEARATE, QUATERNIUM-18
HECTORITE, SQUALANE, GLUTATHIONE,DIPOTASSIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE,
THIOTAURINE, ZINC MYRISTATE, POTENTILLA ERECTA ROOT EXTRACT, SOPHORA
JAPONICA ROOT EXTRACT, DEXTRIN PALMITATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,
ALUMINUM DISTEARATE, ACRYLATES/DIMETHICONE COPOLYMER, TRISODIUM EDTA,
SILICA,TALC, ISOSTEARIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, METHYLPARABEN, ZINC
OXIDE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE,IRON OXIDES

Active sunscreen ingredients are: ZINC OXIDE and TITANIUM DIOXIDE

---------------------------------
Shiseido SPF 55 PA +++

Active:
Octinoxate 7.4%
Zinc oxide 13.9%

Inactive:
water, cyclomethicone, butylene glycol, dimethicone, polymethyl methacrylate, dimethicone copolyol, plybutylene glycol copolymer, disteardimium hectorite, trimethylsiloxsylicate, dextrin palmitate, glycerin, hydrogenated c6-14 olefin polymers, xylitol, methyl gluceth-10, glutathione, sodium glutamate, zinc myristate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, thiotaurine, scutellaria baicalensis extract, ononis spinosa root extract, ectoin, cyclopentasiloxane, acrylates/dimethicone copolymer, isostearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, stearic acid, trisodium EDTA, silica, alcohol, bht, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, fragrance, titanium dioxide

Here is link to a message board where they reviewed various sunscreens and everything else under the sun. Lots of good info here.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=22&brandname=&brand=376&title=&searchWhere=0&GO.x=8&GO.y=9

Sorry it's so long,

Colleen
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for that! Will look into those, not sure where to purchase in the UK though. If I could find something a little less oily then that would be great.
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:56 am      Reply with quote
I did a quick search and here's a link that ships to the UK.

http://secure.strawberrynet.com/goto.asp?id=27039

The regular Shiseido sunscreen (the non-anessa one) should be sold at any Shiseido counter at the department store. Even in Japan they have them with the English labels! I think they've revamped their line because when you go to their website (shiseido.co.jp) the products are the same for every country.
Lee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Another question! You have used the Anessa spf 43? I need the least oiliest, and its just as easy to ask you rather than go through all the ingredients etc (sorry!) and ask your opnion.
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I use the Anessa SPF 43 for sensitive skin. I'd say this is a very matte finish. The others are what the japanese call "milk" which is a white fluid / lotion texture. I'd say the Anessa is more matte than the others - I have no oil on my face at the end of the day.

Hope this helps! I'm feeling bad for everyone else having to read these long-winded replies!

Wink
saver
5% products discount

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered the DDF sunscreen. Smile

But now that I'm reading about Sofina and Shiseido, I think I may end up with 8 tubes of sunscreen in my bathroom. Rolling Eyes
Colleen
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:28 am      Reply with quote
It's funny how we go crazy trying to find skincare products that will improve the texture and appearance of our skin, and they we go an slather on a greasy sunscreen! Some things are fine for the beach, but not necessarily for everyday use.

Rolling Eyes
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |