Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Moustache
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Confused Well it is no as bad as it sounds but bad enough…
I have a very fair skin but because of a lot of sunbathing when I was young and stupid I have a sort of pigment coloring on my over lip.
On pictures especially you can see it a lot (and it looks as a Moustache) and in some lights. Would it go a way with some whitening cream or do you have any suggestions?
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:21 am      Reply with quote
somebody help?
Mabsy

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I think you should see a derm and see what they say. There ARE products that help lighten hyperpigmentation and people have had some good results with them (albeit I gather that you have to be patient), but there is no point in wasting money on them unless you know that it IS hyperpigmentation. It might be something else (?)
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
When I first got hyperpigmentation is was over my upper lip as well and looked like a mustache. I was horrified and spent a lot of money trying everything to get rid of it. Depending on your skin type, hydroquinone, vitamin C, arbutin, kojic acid and now forms of vitamin B3 or niacin help to lighten it. I've also done the photo laser treatments but they didn't help much and were very expensive.

If it's melasma as mine turned out to be, it was also brought on by hormones. I've been taking msm supplements and patches of the dark areas just go away. I figure that I'm taking care of the problem both from the outside as well as inside.

Currently I'm using products with vitamin A and C in them as well as Murad's lightening formula. It's the first one with hydroquinone that I can use w/o any sensitivity. I also used spf 100 on the area around my lips and always wear a hat when I'm outside in the sunlight.

Hope this helps and good luck!
july
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Becks, I had the same problem, dark patches above my lip and around my eyes. horrible! They tended to fade away as the summer went by, so by Xmas I was allright. But now I'm alawys using sun block on my face (Clinique City Block 15), I never leave the house without it and the quality of my skin is super now!
Cheers
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:15 am      Reply with quote
It is horrible! I want to get rid of it this minute!! I just started to use Skincentual Vit C 15 so I hope it will help me a bit. I am thinking of buying also SkinCeuticals Phyto+ . What kind of lightening product are you using from Murad? As I avoid the sun nowadays you see the moustache more than when I was tanned.
What do you suggest me to do? Use the Vit C and maybe some skin lightening from f.x Murad and if it doesn’t help start with the Phyto + after Christmas?
Thank you for all your advices!!!
Skin Addict
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
Becks,
The Murad product is the Age Spot and Pigment Lightening gel. There's also a hydroquinone-free version, but I've noticed the most difference with the hydroquinone one. I've used the Skinceuticals Primacy 20 which worked well. I didn't notice any difference with the Phyto serum though - although I've read that others have had good results.

I also like Isa Knox whitening products although they are expensive. I still take MSM supplements as well as Toki skin supplements which help with overall clarity.

I can honestly say that the discoloration on my upper lip is gone. My problem is that if I'm ever out in the sun, another one pops up somewhere else (this was when I was only using a sunblock w/ SPF 30 - I now use one w/ SPF 100). Currently I'm taking care of one on the left side of my mouth which looks like a smudge. Luckily it's lighter than the first one was. Other things that help are cutting down on sugar and caffeine.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |