Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:02 am      Reply with quote
This is a wonder product!!!
I have never seen so good results in so short time.
After the first application my skin is smoother and now after 4 days super smooth!. I really really do recommend this product! My skin gets a little dry (but I also have very dry skin) so I have to put on a good moisturizer after!
Mabsy

Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Glad you like this Becks! This is one of my fave Dermalogica products. Actually, make that THE fave Dermalogica product Very Happy Closely followed by the Multivitamin Mask I think....

I've got normal to combo skin and it doesn't feel drying at all for me. It makes sense though that if you have dry skin you might experience some dryness with this.
Caspers Mum

Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
becks wrote:
This is a wonder product!!!
I have never seen so good results in so short time.
After the first application my skin is smoother and now after 4 days super smooth!. I really really do recommend this product! My skin gets a little dry (but I also have very dry skin) so I have to put on a good moisturizer after!

I hope you're using a nourishing cleanser like Essential Cleansing Solution before the Microfoliant. Also, follow with a nourishing facial creme too. If you're not using the Dermalogica Intensive Moisture Balance, here are a few others to consider: Sothys Nutrithys Cream, Sothys Hydraoptimale Cream, Dr. Renaud Collagen Cream, Decleor Aromessence Visage Angelique - Aromessence Angelique followed by Nutri-Delice Meltingly Soft Nourishing Cream, or Phytomer Hydration Reinforcement.

During the drier, cold winter months, treating yourself to a mask once or twice a week is a great treat too: Decleor Nutri-Delice Nourishing Cereal Mask, Dr Renaud Elastin-Collagen Cream Mask, Juvena Juvelia Creamy Mask Plus, or Gatineau Diffusance Creamy Mask.
sats
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Is it necessary to use a cleanser before using the microfoliant?I guess ,this is a exfoliant.Is it not enough by itself?Is it ok to use it everyday?I thought,its not good to exfoliate every day.May be I am wrong.Could someone enlighten me?Thanks a lot.
becks
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I am using Dr. Hauschkas cleasing milk. Is it good to use under? After the Daily Microfoliant I put on the Vit C serum 15 the B5 gel and Dermalogica Sheer Moisture .
Toe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:35 am      Reply with quote
The Daily Microfoliant does seem to be hugely popular on the EDS Board. I find it one of the most effective exfoliants on the market. I like the fact that it's not as harsh as some of the bead/granule type exfoliators. It leaves my skin nice and smooth. Like Becks, I find my skin can be a tiny bit dry in places after using it but this is soon corrected by slapping on some moisturiser (I have combination/oily skin).

Does anyone know if there are any similar enzyme exfoliators on the market?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Is there room on the bandwagon for me?? I've been eyeballing the Daily Microexoliant for a while now, since I received a sample of the Gentle Cream Exfoliant (which I loved) in my EDS order because most everyone said they liked the daily version better. When a new salon/spa opened up near me with a "grand opening" offer of 25% off any purchase of $30 or more, I was all over that like a bad rash!! In addition to my Daily Microexfoliant, I got a 'travel-size' (bigger than standard sample packet) bottle of the gentle cream exfoliant and Multi-Vit Power Recovery Masque for $2.99 each.

I have to confess that previously I had been using a simple, drugstore brand of face scrub every morning, I think it's Neutrogena's Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub, or something like that. In the evening I had simply been washing my face with one of those Aveeno Daily Skin Brightening pads that contain cleanser. Admittedly, not very high tech. Confused To this point, my hair has been my biggest vanity. How short-sighted of me not to realize that my hair would look even more incredible when it framed a stunning face! So consider this review/rave an epiphany of sorts....

I used the DM for the first time last night and instantly fell in love. My face looked and felt so incredible afterwards that I immediately wanted to use it again (!) but I managed to restrain myself until this morning. Smile I have to say that my makeup has never gone on more smoothly than it did this morning. My beloved BE powder foundation made my face look even brighter and more 'luminous' than usual. I even used a little of the 'paste' to exfoliant my lips (y'all should know by now how obsessive I am about my kisser!!). I'm fairly religious about exfoliating my lips and thought I was doing a good job, so I was amazed at the amount of dead skin that sloughed off. Shock Makes me wonder if my topical lip plumpers (CityLips, Swellips) have even been penetrating evenly...but that's a question for another topic. Wink After using the DM, though, I now wonder if the Gentle Cream Exfoliant is superfluous...?

Anyway, you can count me among the 'converted' for this Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant...I think everyone should try it at least once! Hey, maybe EDS should make it a 'standard' sample
to be included in all orders?! Smile

Carrie

Toe wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any similar enzyme exfoliators on the market?
I don't know if it's exactly the same thing, but I recently tried samples of Arbonne's Thermal Infusion Enzyme Mask (the wife of a co-worker is a distributor, so he brought a ton of samples to work and passed them out). Its active ingredient is papien (sp? aka:papaya), but I don't think it's got the rice powder like the Derm DM. It's already moist when you apply it (i.e.: no need to add water to make a paste)...you smooth it on, then wet your fingers and massage in for a couple minutes to activate the papaya enzymes. I REALLY liked this stuff and was going to order a full-size tube until I splurged on the Derm DM! It's a lot cheaper, too, at about $20US for a full-size tube. I still have one of the sample packets, if anyone wants to try it -- just PM me your address and I'll mail it to you (anywhere in world), but I'm afraid it will be first come, first serve unless I can schmooze a couple more samples from Eric!
happygirl163
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 30, 2004 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I got to put in my 2 cents ....
This is really a wonderful product. I first wash my face with MD Forte Cleanser II (another wonderful product!), then I use this Microfoliant. It's very gentle and my face feels reaaaally smooth. Very Happy
I use it almost every night. Anyone has concerns of using it daily?

Mabsy - Multivitamin Mask.... Anxious , you are so persuasive .... but, I have to be strong Brick wall
Mabsy

Wed Dec 01, 2004 4:25 am      Reply with quote
happygirl163 wrote:

I got to put in my 2 cents ....
This is really a wonderful product. I first wash my face with MD Forte Cleanser II (another wonderful product!), then I use this Microfoliant. It's very gentle and my face feels reaaaally smooth. Very Happy
I use it almost every night. Anyone has concerns of using it daily?

Mabsy - Multivitamin Mask.... Anxious , you are so persuasive .... but, I have to be strong Brick wall

Nope, I can use this daily with no problems (normal to combo skin).

Tee hee hee, sorry didn't mean to give you a lemming... The multivitamin mask is good but the only downside is that it's ORANGE - probably only use this if nobody's around or they might think you're sick... Looks kinda scary...
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
The multivitamin mask is good but the only downside is that it's ORANGE - probably only use this if nobody's around or they might think you're sick... Looks kinda scary...
Funny you should mention that! I first got the multi-vit mask as an EDS sample and the first time I used it, my mother just happened to come over to my house to visit her grand-cats. She immediately thought I was coming down with some horrible, dreaded disease! Now, you have to understand something about my mom: in addition to her mental 'condition' that causes her to have an uncontrollable impulse to relocate or rearrange the furniture every few months (see my post under the "How Many Places You've Lived" thread), but she's also something of a hypochondriac. I've mentioned that I have migraines and the doctors aren't able to find any physiologicial cause (i.e.: no brain tumor, no high blood pressure, no thyroid condition, etc.), so one day my mother logically (!!) suggested that I might have scurvy. I beg your pardon??? Shock Scurvy? I hate to break it to you, Mom, but I haven't been at sea on a clipper ship during the 1600s without access to fresh citrus fruit or water. So naturally when Mom saw my orange face courtesy of the multi-vit mask, she jumped straight to the conclusion that I was coming down with Scabbies or West Nile Virus!! Oh well, my mother is always entertaining, if nothing else.... Confused

Carrie
Mabsy

Fri Dec 03, 2004 2:24 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Too funny!
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
what do you guys find better?

The daily microfiliant or the gentle cream exfoliant?
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
My two cents: Total rave for the Daily Microfoliant - I use it every day and absolutely love it (40,very fair,former suntanner, few breakouts)...I wouldn't be without this product.
Pudoodles
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:19 pm      Reply with quote
^ i just bought it at a spa here in vancouver. They charged me like $68 for the daily microfiliant....is that a rip off?
princesita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
I think that's pretty close to retail price but EDS is a little cheaper (by about $10 from memory). It's under 'cleansers' on the dermalogica page.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
^ yes i see EDS is cheaper Smile
Do they sell their products at the spa location in vancouver? Or do i have to order the products online?
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
They do sell products at the spa in Vancouver, however they don't stock everything so they might be out of what you want. Give them a call first to make sure the have it Very Happy
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
^ ok cool
and also.....are they the exact same price as the ones online?
cbrooke
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I assume that the prices are the same Confused but you would save on shipping Very Happy
Halfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
^yes that would be nice on shipping Laughing
but.... sometimes when you order online you get a free product with every $150 you spend. If I buy directly from the spa will they throw in free products for me as they do online?
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Also, will the spa apply our forum discount to the purchase?
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
Halfie wrote:
^yes that would be nice on shipping Laughing
but.... sometimes when you order online you get a free product with every $150 you spend. If I buy directly from the spa will they throw in free products for me as they do online?

I don't know about the forum discounts but I was once told when I called to place an order that the free gift w/ purchase offers you see online only applied to internet orders. Perhaps Magda or Caspers Mum will see this thread and respond.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I find the microfiliant to be drying on the skin. I guess for those of us who have dry skin, i wouldnt recommend it/.
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I find the microfiliant to be drying on the skin. I guess for those of us who have dry skin, i wouldnt recommend it/.

I too find it drying so only use it occasionally. I've also found that if I pour a small amount onto a wet washcloth, work up a lather then apply to my face in gentle circles, the dryness is minimized.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know this is the only product on earth that my skin is sensitive to. I tried it twice and both times my face was burning and bright red.

I can chuck anything on my face - retin A, acids of all varieties, the strongest CPs. I wonder what's in it?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |