Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Nose problem
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Hello guys. Happy new year to all of you wave

I have a ? I have read the threads about LED and so. But now I was wondering. First let me explain what my problem is. I have done a nose surgery to make it smaller about 2 years ago and it didn't work. But now I was looking in the mirror and found out that the problem that my nose looks big is because of my skin and not the bone. The skin of my nose just isn't thight to much skin or however you can call it. I want to tighten this area reduction of the skin. So now I was wondering is this possible if I will use a LED. Cause I had read somewhere that about a girl who has the similar problem her skin didn't shrink like it supposed to be and someone adviced her thermage, but this is expensieve and I have read not good things about it (burning skin etc.). But I have read that for example baby quasar does thighten skin would this be a effective way to make my skin thighter, firmer looking. Cause doing surgery again isn't an option I think, because my skin is the problem when I thighten the skin with my hand it is just the way I want my nose to be. Any input please
TIA. Wink
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Tia, when someone has a rhinoplasty, the skin normally redrapes itself over the remodelled cartilage and bone. It can take over a year for the nose to attain its final shape. I can't see LED reducing the actual size of the nose, simply through tightening the skin. Have you been towww.makemeheal.com? You can talk to actual cosmetic surgeons there and they will give you some idea of how best to remedy the situation. I have found them to be very helpful.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I treated my nose with my LED after extensive nasal surgery...it reduced the inflammation, but did not shink my skin at all. Please do not buy an LED for that purpose...you will be wasting your money.

Your best best is to 1) go back to your original surgeon, or 2) go to makemeheal.com and ask for their thoughts.

Best of luck!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Antonia wrote:
Hello Tia, when someone has a rhinoplasty, the skin normally redrapes itself over the remodelled cartilage and bone. It can take over a year for the nose to attain its final shape. I can't see LED reducing the actual size of the nose, simply through tightening the skin. Have you been towww.makemeheal.com? You can talk to actual cosmetic surgeons there and they will give you some idea of how best to remedy the situation. I have found them to be very helpful.

Hi thx for your answer, my skin will stay like this for now because itīs now already 3 years ago and nothing does happen. In 2006 I had the surgery done. Maybe my skin isnīt elastic or something but really itīs much skin. Maybe I can go back to the surgeon and ask for an operation again and if he can do skin reduction if this is possible. TIA.
pipilover
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:35 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I treated my nose with my LED after extensive nasal surgery...it reduced the inflammation, but did not shink my skin at all. Please do not buy an LED for that purpose...you will be wasting your money.

Your best best is to 1) go back to your original surgeon, or 2) go to makemeheal.com and ask for their thoughts.

Best of luck!!

Thx alot for your input. I will see what I can do, but donīt want my nose to stay like this it isnīt feminine itīs thick and mostly because of the skin.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Er Embarassed Is your name Tia Pipilover or was that "Thanks in advance"? I'm such a dolt. Did you go to the MMH boards?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinÂŪ |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |