Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
How long do you keep unfinished products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lisie
5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I know some people have mentioned they re-direct them to other parts of their body (hands, chest), however, my bathroom cabinet, is, uhm, "full." I just stop using something and move on to something else-sometime I go back to it, sometimes I don't. Every once and a while I'll throw something away w/o guilt, but all of the sudden I've just decided to give the Paula's Choice stuff a break. I'm excited about the iQ derma stuff actually; I know its barely been a week, but my skin looks better already and I just ordered some Decleor stuff. And I'm looking into the 302 line for the future... (holy smokes, that is a long post--I've been reading it here and there for days, its like a good book--I can't put it down).
So I'm a bit embarassed to be shoving more stuff into the cabinet. Maybe I'll just tuck it into the the closet to save for later...
What do you do with your unfinished product? Chuck or not to chuck?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lisie,
Go towww.makeupalley.com. You can swap your graveyard items with other cosmetic junkies. And welcome to the club....I have an entire closet of things that didn't work for me....my sister runs when she sees me cuz she knows I'll have stuff for her to try!

5% products discount

Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks!
Now I don't feel so bad. I guess it's part of the process. I'll check out makeup alley...
on my way there now.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yep, part of the process! After a while, I realized what works best for my skin, and now I just don't read every single thread any more....I know it would only make me want to buy more "stuff"......*sigh*....you know what I mean?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
I moved recently and it felt great to throw out most everything and keep it simple now in my new home. My medicine cabinet is neat and organized and I just stick to the few products I'm happy with and continue. I'm a Dr. H user myself and have had wonderful results.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
I always do lots of research before I make the purchase, still I'll have many things that I find out that I can't use. I'll give them to good friends. Since I did research before, at least I know many friends like the product, so it's not bad to give away.
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nyamyj. You said you just kept the things you really use as you like to keep it simple. Would you mind saying what kinds of products you use. I would really like a simple but effective routine but am having a hard time finding it. thanks. Harriet.
doohicus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I give the high end products to my sister. It appeases my guilt. Usually I let them sit on the shelf until they expire. I have decided to stick with my simple routine and forget the tempting miracle products. Usually I end up getting a rash or worse when I fool around outside my routine. Tried and True, that is the best. (Until it's late at night and my willpower is sleeping)
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 am      Reply with quote
I try to give them away if they're still good. If they've been sitting around for more than a year, I throw it away with no guilt figuring if I was gonna use it, I would've done so by then!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
i usually keep them as long as the EXP date--although i know that this is very stupid
seraphic
5% products discount

Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:20 am      Reply with quote
IIRC,

The period that we should change our makeup are:
foundation : 6months to 1 years
Mascara & eyeliner: every 3 months
Lip gloss/stick: every 6 months

However i usually keep my pdts up to 2years. As long as it don't irritates my skins and doesn't have odd smell, i will continue to keep/use~
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I NEVER throw anything out - my cupboards and drawers are bulging with half finished bottles of just about everything. And as for cosmetics - I could start my own department store! The guilt is unbearable!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I NEVER throw anything out - my cupboards and drawers are bulging with half finished bottles of just about everything. And as for cosmetics - I could start my own department store! The guilt is unbearable!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |