Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
dragonflyte
5% products discount

Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Dianew,

I have had absolute NIGHTMARES with the British customs. Such a ripoff. I sent my stepdad a camera there for $140 (70th birthday gift). They charged £45! I was infuriated. I called them and asked how they came up with that amount. I was given the runaround and told to read the tariff book. I asked where that was available from and was told I could purchase it for £270 and cross reference it...... There is absolutely NO other way to figure it out. So I filed a complaint and was sent £19 back. No idea where they came up with that number. It's beyond ridiculous.

When I send skincare products to my mother, I always put the package valued under $30. Many eBay shippers are willing to do something similar to save you getting customs fees. I really feel for the folks over there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:29 am      Reply with quote
I've never had a C serum that was water colored and I've had lots of them. All have been champagne colored on arrival.

The C serum would go on right after cleansing and toning before the Clear.

A lot of people put their C serum in the fridge. I never did, but supposedly it helps keep it fresh....I have seen certain brands that claim theirs needs no refridgeration, apparently something within the processing allows it to be stable at room temp.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
3tm
5% products discount

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
Congratulations with first 12 weeks! I am half way through my 12 week now, still peeling quite a lot. If it hadn't been for this forum I think I would have quit. Have been really red, sore and looking ugly. And it has lasted for long. I had to stop for one day two days ago, as my skin was peeling away on some spots. So, for me, even thought I am soon finished with 12 weeks, obagi is still no walk in the park. So - thank You to You all on this forum, reading it has been my inspiration to follow the regiment so far!
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats Debo! What's dermaplaning Question

We're having a minor heatwave here (well, as much as you get in North Yorkshire) so am working to stay out of the sun, even with my spf on...

Week 9 coming to an end & I'm still red, flaky & generally looking a bit of a mess Rolling Eyes "why are you doing this to yourself?" chorus the ladies in my dept "you looked better before" etc. Good job I'm naturally stubborn Laughing

microfibre cloths are helping with the morning flakes, & I think are helping the Obagi work deeper too - I'm flaking in places other than just round my mouth now (which I'm thinking is a good thing as long as I don't overdo it...)

can't wait for it to be over tho... as I appear to be one of the lucky ladies who have the Obagi face for the full duration...

nearly half way! Cool Cool Cool

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Things that have helped me cope with Obagi:

Getting up earlier in the morning to take care of flaking before I go to work!!

BioMedic Conditioning Solution- a great exfoliant to remove the dry flakes-- but use on an eight-ply gauze pad (like from a dr. office) rather than a cotton ball-- really helps to clean off flakes. I sheepishly admit to sometimes using regular scotch tape to peel off flakes.

Instead of C Serum I've started using IS Clinical Super Serum Advance which seems to be having more positive effect on my skin (except that the consistency of it is like water and is easier to spill and drip..) It includes C and copper peptides. Also using some samples of IS Clinical Active Serum on what I'd call "recovery days" -- really liken' it & wish I had more samples cause those IS Clinical products are pricey... but, then, what isn't??
3tm
5% products discount

Tue May 03, 2011 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
Debo: I agree - I have read through the whole thread, and learned alot! Thank You to all of the people sharing advices!
dianew
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
TN*girl wrote:
dianew wrote:
6 weeks is the 'cycle' - ie how long it takes skin over 30 to renew itself, so 3 skin cycles is how long you do the full obagi thing for (some do longer but this is the base line)

I'm a DIY-er, so I don't know if you're 'supposed' to change your routine or not - I just have been doing to keep my skin peeling & hopefully speed up the process after a slow-ish start

I think different derms recommend different things for their clients - it all depends on how your skin is reacting to it - & I wasn't using a the full gram of Clear or Tret at the start so I upped it when my skin had calmed down a bit from its initial Shock Shock Shock stage Smile

Having said that I don't always use the full gram of tret now if I've looked too scary the previous day or am visiting friends I don't want to freak out Smile I figure as long as I'm using it each day I can use my judgement about how much depending on how red I am or how many layers I've shed during the day Smile

Maybe others who've had proper advice can tell you more - like you, I've got all my info from reading these threads & trial & error Smile

Thank you Diane that is very helpful. I've just started week 3, all in all things are going as they are supposed (from what I've read) some days are good others not so much. I've backed down a little on the .1 tret and skipped the exfoderm forte today to give my skin a little bit of a break.
I went to a site that I had heard mentioned on here, alldaychemist. The price of the tret compared to what I paid at the Skin place, wow. I don't need anything new yet but when I do I'm considering ordering from there. Does anyone know anything about them? I was disappointed I didn't see any 4% HQ. I appreciate all the feedbak!

I ordered from them with no probs except loads of spam for ------------------ - so you may want to set up an email just for ordering that you'll never use again.

I've read other recent threads about people's credit card details being used (I think ADC said their system had been hacked...) so you may want to get a pre-pay card to order with too. Prices are v attractive tho - even with hefty shipping, & the cream is Johnson & Johnson brand - a bit creamier than the generic tret (that I paid about £60 for... at ADC is about £2.50 each...)

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all I forgot to mention there seems to be a special offer on the obagi products on EDS at the moment, check it out Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:40 am      Reply with quote
Hi Zhenzhen Smile I replied to you already on EDS LOUNGE. In case you don't know where it is, here is my reply to you:
Hi Zhenzhen I can assure you (honestly) that Essential Day Spa sells genuine Obagi products. I've been buying from this website for years, including Obagi products.

"Freshness" of the Obagi products is also guaranteed as this is one of the most popular products here too that people buy and if you search on this forum, there is a lot of discussion regarding Obagi products.

Price of Obagi products is also competitive. If you buy $200 and more worth of Obagi products, you can get an Obagi gift from EDS (Essential Day Spa). Also if you buy $200 or more of their products, shipping is free.

Customer service is excellent too and this website is very secure and I always pay by credit card. I've never had problems EVER!

Zhenzhen wrote:
Hi everyone.
I am a green hand in this forum.Recently I am vastly interested in products of Obagi,especially its MD and Nu-derm. But I know that there are many fake Obagi products.Is there a 100% quality guarantee for Obagi in Essential Day Spa?
Hope this is not a rude question.
Any reply appreciated!Thanks a lot!!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:59 am      Reply with quote
tinycat wrote:
Hi! I am new here. I've come across an info from the internet that using Obagi Nu derm system for so long can be unsafe. I honestly never knew this, and as my title read, I've been using the whole system for 2 years. Except for the C serum because any product with Vit C doesn't work well on my skin and I get red bumps/acne from using it.

I don't have severe acne to start with, but I usually get a cystic acne on my forehead and blind pimple on my nose and chin once in a while. I wouldn't stop using the system if they were safe to use forever because when I started using the system, I never got acne anymore. Not even a single pimple in the last 2 years.

But then I found out about it being unsafe if used for a long time and read about others using it for 6 mos only. Now I am worried. I feel like I've used it way too long.

I've read Obagi maintenance posts from this forum, so I started minimizing the use of the system, and alternately used it with basic moisturizer. Unfortunately, seems like every moisturizer I use breaks me out (oil free, lightweight, non comedogenic, even the ones for sensitive skin broke me out)... I've had 2 blind pimple on my nose and chin. So I stopped using moisturizers and went back to the system for now. *sigh* I'm a bit scared to keep looking and try new ones again cos I'm afraid my acne would get worse.

Nobody from my local Obagi warned me about the negative effect so I kept buying. A few days ago after reading so much on the internet, one of the dermatologist was in the clinic, so I asked about it. She said I should switch to ClearFX already. I asked if it's safe to continue the rest of system and just change to clearfx, she said yes.

What do you guys think? Is it really safe to continue using exfoderm, blender+tretinoin and clearfx? Or do you think I should still keep looking for a moisturizer or skin care that I can alternate the system with?

Dr. Obagi came out with a newer upgraded system called ZO Skin Health and Medical grade which promise to be safer.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |