Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi experience
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Margarett, yes early on most days we really looked like plastic wrapped and flaky, whether in sheets or tiny bits all over. You can stand in the shower and use your hands to exfoliate. Some have used a microfiber cloth or the clarisonic face brush. I think it was Kim who suggested mixing cleanser and exfoderm and using that to wash off the flakes. I am not sure about which Obagi product you are talking about for the exfoliation though. I think the general rule is not to use other products while doing Nuderm. Hang in there!!!! This is all part of the journey!

Thank you for your answer, Obagi sis. I have not paid attention to these tips. I will look into the Clarisonic brush. I have used brushes for other parts of my body and they do have also plumping effect. All these new things to learn!!

There are some exfoliators in the ZO Obagi line that I´ve seen mentioned on other posts. I keep forgetting that one should not use any other products that are not Obagi´s, but I don´t know, I think it is just a Mr. Obagi´s way of making $$$$$ IMHO. I´ll try anything at this point, I swear Very Happy
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:
Obagi sisters, I need some encouragement here. I don´t like myself when I look at the mirror. I mean, I like my tone color, it´s all good from faaaaar away Razz but when I look close into the mirror OMG! it´s an old lady staring at me. My skin looks so dry. I cut down on the Exfoderm and Retin A and still. I don´t know what to do.
Please, please, tell me what´s happening. The peeling is all over my face, it´s not red and flaring anymore, I´ve got that under control, but just flaky. Is that good? I want to think that it´s old skin and new skin is going to grow... wishful thinking. Do I need to exfoliate? If so, which one do you recommend? Rileygirl, kims, please. I have some Clarins gentle exfoliator and Estee Lauder Idealist microdermabration that I love but I don´t know if it would be too strong.
Should I buy the Obagi one?
I´m weak now Sad

margarett, how many weeks are in to the regimen now?

The dryness and flaking is a very normal part of the system. You will be that way off and on as your skin improves from the inside out (so to speak). You can use anything that is gentle to exfoliate your skin. I always tell people to stand in the shower with their faces under the water and use your fingers to gently massage the dead skin off. You can use the ZO exfoliating polish, a microfiber cloth, etc. Just be gentle with your skin. HTH!

Rileygirl, it´s going to be 8 weeks on the 7th of this month.

Ok, got those valuable tips from you and moosejavian.

I feel bettter now!!!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:

I feel bettter now!!!

Ok. Still very early on! Your skin sounds like it is doing what it should be. Keep on going!! Just remember, be gentle with your exfoliation!
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
May I interject?..the clarsonic makes using retin A/Obagi a much better experience. When I first started using Obagi Nuderm...It was nothing but obvious that I "just had a peel." I looked so ugly it was miserable. I was into the routine for about three months when my esthetician suggested I buy a clarsoinic. I thought it was so expensive..but I trusted her. After buying and using it...I never seemed to peel after using retin A again. When I would forget to bring my clarsonic on a trip...the peeling returned just like before. I think that is why many women give up on retin a. But it truly does transform skin to YOUNGER. Amazing...how I look so much younger than before... Get the brush head for delicate skin. You'll love it.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
margarett wrote:

I feel bettter now!!!

Ok. Still very early on! Your skin sounds like it is doing what it should be. Keep on going!! Just remember, be gentle with your exfoliation!

Good to know, my friend!!! It's good to hear this from time to time. Thank you a million.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Is it ok to wear makeup during the Nuderm regiment??? Today is my 11th day and I wore my Clear, Exfoderm, sunscreen, primer and abit of Revlon colorstay foundation. Am I stopping the effect of Exfoderm? does anybody know the answer?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Micka, you are safe with make up!
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:55 am      Reply with quote
margarett wrote:
Yes, Micka, you are safe with make up!

Oh cool! u made my day margarett. Thanks for the reply.
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
hi! is it okay to use just the sunfader in replacement of the healthy skin protection spf 35?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pink! The sunfader only has spf 15, you really need something stronger. You can use any SS with at least a 30 spf.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi girls,

Just a little update. I am very happy today. I followed your advice yesterday and got in the shower, let the water pour down on my face for a loooooong time and rubbed it softly with my fingers. I got a bit of Clarins exfoliator, just a bit and rubbed it gently too. So, my skin was much better this morning, did not feel dry at all. Then, I went to see my doctor to Vancouver (long trip) and just before the appointment and got into the bathroom and saw flakes around my mouth.. yuk... I grabbed a kleenex and with water removed them .. it was an emergency Razz

The meeting went ok, I don't need more surgery, both my eyes are in good shape.. yay!!!!
Then, I went to my favorite store Sephora and was looking at the make up mineral foundations/I asked the clerk there which were good mineral make up to cover my problem: flakes and dryness, she pointed at Dior. So, ok she gave me a little sample to take home and I saw something that attracted my attention and it was this make up base in form of spray (by Dior) and just to play with it (I have not really worn foundation in years, I always end up taking it all off before going out) I tried it and starting to like it. I did my whole face and OMG.. it's the most amazing base I've tried in years. I have bottles and bottles (Dior, Estee Lauder, Lancome in every form). It looks so natural, so well done, so professional, my skin now looks like when I was in my 30's with make up on. I did not buy it because it usually happens that every make up I wear it's ok for the first 10 30 minutes and after that it looks... well, you know, mmm.. very ugly, no matter what kind it is. So, it's been 3 hours and it still looks very good on me, not dry, it did not set it in the wrinkles or in the flakes, nothing.It's less color of course, because some has absorbed, but it does not look like my other foundations after hours, not at all. I'm going first thing in the morning to buy it.

Please, please, if by chance you happen to be around the Dior counter when you do your shopping, please to try it out, you'll see the difference, you won't regret it. I am going to throw away my brushes and give away my make up that was saving for the day my skin would come back to normal Laughing
There is bronze in spray too.. You just won't believe it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, margarett. What is the full name of the product? Glad you were able to get the flakies off!!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:44 am      Reply with quote
Glad you had a better skin day, Margarett! I checked out the Dior foundation on line, and for the most part it had really good reviews.

Do you recall the lighter or lightest shade (the name of it)? It's really hard to tell looking on line. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Kims and rileygirl, I'm on the way to the mall and will drive back home from Vancouver. I'll tell you the right information when I get home tonight, but I'm sure is something like
"Dior spray base" and it looks like a spray can.
I will post at night for sure.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go:

I bought it and I tried it again at the store just to double check since I don't want to end up with another unused bottle in my arsenal. I sprayed half my face and the other half I sprayed the liquid to my hand and applied it like with regular foundation, and sure enough, the one I applied like I do with my other foundations looked pasty, thick and set in my winkles. The spray technique in this product is what makes a huge difference. I am very, very happy.

Quote:

Diorskin Airflash Spray Foundation
Diorskin Airflash
Spray Foundation

Dior revolutionizes makeup with a spray foundation that goes on as light as mist thanks to a unique diffusion technology. One sweep provides an instant sensation of freshness; in just a few seconds the skin tone is perfectly even with a radiant, surprisingly natural finish
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
So, spraying is best? I read/saw some others who sprayed the foundation on a brush and applied it that way, too.

I'm always on the hunt for a great foundation. While Obagi has made a real difference in my skin, it is far from perfect and I just feel more comfortable and confident with make up on.

Thanks for the suggestion!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
So, spraying is best? I read/saw some others who sprayed the foundation on a brush and applied it that way, too.

I'm always on the hunt for a great foundation. While Obagi has made a real difference in my skin, it is far from perfect and I just feel more comfortable and confident with make up on.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Kims,

I have read before about airbrush foundation, but never thought about trying it and I thought you need special equipment...lol...

http://www.airbrushmakeup.com/

but I saw this thing at Dior (looks like a deodorant can) and just sprayed it on my face and of course you need to spread it a bit with your fingers, although the instructions say that you need to spray it from a distance, i think it is 8 mm and that's it, but i spread it with my fingers a bit and it was very nice. I will try as the instructions say later, without messing with my fingers. I can imagine you have to cover your hair, your clothes, etc, because you will make a mess, but the results are amazing.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Margarett,
I'd like to try it. Guess I better head to Sephora. I had just ordered some mmu from NCN and received it today -- of course! But I'm looking forward to trying it out too.

How's Nuderm going for you?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Margarett,
I'd like to try it. Guess I better head to Sephora. I had just ordered some mmu from NCN and received it today -- of course! But I'm looking forward to trying it out too.

How's Nuderm going for you?

Just give it a try, kims.. see how it looks. I would love to read your opinion on it. To me, I just discovered the holly grail Laughing with this stuff.

With the Obagi my skin tone has lightened a lot, much much better. My dark patches are gone by a 90%; there are some resistant there on my cheeks. My under eye circles, much much lighter, it's ok if I don't apply concealer now. Before, I would not go out without 2 or three different kinds of layers of concealers; sometimes more.

I get compliments for my skin lately, which is rare and new to me. I have some large pores on one of my cheeks that I hate and don't know what to do about it. It's just one spot the size of a dollar coin.

I had my wow realization two days ago when I applied this foundation. It's like seeing my 30's skin. I wanted to cry Crying or Very sad I haven't been able to apply make up (and leave it) in years as I said, and I love foundations and all that. My mom used to be a Estee Lauder cosmetician, so you can imagine how fond of all that stuff I am.

I am very happy with the Obagi products. I will continue the 18 months. Now I know that exfoliation is very important (thanks to you, my Obagi sisters). I know I wil have my ups and downs but one learns, as I am learning now, how to handle them as I go. If I end up wrinkly due to dryness, there is always botox...hehehe Very Happy but I hope the retin-a will kick in at some point.
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I found these reviews...great reviews; the bad part is the price $$$$$. Some say it will only last for a month if you use it every day or 3 weeks Sad
It's worth every penny though.

http://www.totalbeauty.com/reviews/product/15816/dior-diorskin-airflash-spray-foundation
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
hi guys! I just ordered my Obagi nuderm kit today.. Im so excited to start with this regimen as i can see, a lot of you guys are so happy with your results.. i really dont know how to start with it.. im planning to get the 0.05% tretinoin.. would dat be enough to start with? do u have any suggestions of the brand names of a good tretinoin cream?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Pink!

I think the tretonine or retin-a you need to get a prescription from your doctor and you purchase it at the drugstore or online. I think some people here buy it online without a prescription but I don't know the exact details.

If you have never used retin-a I would suggest personally that you start with the lowest, which I think is 0.025% or 0.05% (I think this is the one they recommend to start with). It depends also on your type of skin, if you are a lighter person and sensitive/dry kind, you will peel more than a brunette or darker skin. The peeling/dryness that some of us experience can sometimes be very discouraging, so it's better to start very slow and gentle with your skin.
These are my recommendations. I have only been on Obagi for 2 months, great results, but it was very hard at the beginning. I've had a lot of advice and support from the experts here: rileygirl, kims, moosejavian, etc., so hopefully they might tell you also their views.
WickedWitchOfTheWest
5% products discount

Fri May 07, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I'm new here and I just got the Obagi Nu Derm Kit. I've been using a tretinoin/hydroquinone/aha regimen a while back, but my skin doesn't seem to respond to it anymore so I decided to try Obagi.

Anyway, I told my derm that I was a bit warry of purging and getting too red during the treatment. She adviced me to take an oral antibiotic (Lymecycline) for the first two weeks of the treatment and this is how my regimen goes:

AM
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm (M-W-F)
Sunblock

PM
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Blender + Complex A (T-Th-S)

I really hope that this works in clearing my post acne pigmentation and refine my skin tone.

Thanks for all the valuable info you have put in here girls! Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 07, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi WickedWitch,
Follow your derm's guidance, and hopefully you'll have good results. Since your skin may have already acclimated to retin a, you may not experience as much irritation in the beginning like so many of us did. Good luck and please let us know how you're doing.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
WickedWitchOfTheWest wrote:
Hi! I'm new here and I just got the Obagi Nu Derm Kit. I've been using a tretinoin/hydroquinone/aha regimen a while back, but my skin doesn't seem to respond to it anymore so I decided to try Obagi.

Anyway, I told my derm that I was a bit warry of purging and getting too red during the treatment. She adviced me to take an oral antibiotic (Lymecycline) for the first two weeks of the treatment and this is how my regimen goes:

AM
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Exfoderm (M-W-F)
Sunblock

PM
Foaming Gel
Toner
Clear
Blender + Complex A (T-Th-S)

I really hope that this works in clearing my post acne pigmentation and refine my skin tone.

Thanks for all the valuable info you have put in here girls! Very Happy

Hi wickedwitch! how's ur skin been doing? this is my 9th day on Nuderm and so far, no breakouts as i expected except for just one tiny thing below my lip..
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:21 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |