Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

flor-essence cream? anyone tried flor-essence detox products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
hey everyone!

i am currently doing this gentle detox with flor essence herbal formula.
i have done it once before; i definitely think it made my skin brighter and i lost about 5 lbs. it's also tasty and just has all kinds of beneficial effects on the body.
when looking around, i cam across this product:

I'm intrigued, has anyone tried this? The ingredients look good as a daily cream:

Quote:
Active Ingredients:

THE FLOR•ESSENCE® HERBS: extracts from BURDOCK (Arctium lappa), SHEEP SORREL (Rumex acetosella), SLIPPERY ELM (Ulmus rubra), KELP (Laminaria digitata), BLESSED THISTLE (Cnicus benedictus), WATERCRESS (Nasturtium officinale), and RED CLOVER (Trifolium pratense) – Detoxifying herbs that stimulate cellular regeneration. Soothe and moisturize irritated skin due to their antioxidant, antiinflammatory, and anti-aging qualities.

MEADOWFOAM (Limnanthes alba) SEED OIL – A very moisturizing plant oil that contains a potent natural antioxidant. Forms a non-greasy barrier on the skin to prevent moisture loss, helping to reduce wrinkles and signs of aging.

HONEYSUCKLE (Lonicera caprifolium) EXTRACT – Purifies, smoothes, softens, and calms inflamed, itchy skin, boils, and acne. Contains essential oils, saponins, flavones, and phenolics. Naturally high in phenoxyethanol; inhibits bacterial growth.

SODIUM HYALURONATE – Plant-sourced hyaluronic acid (a protein naturally found in all human cells). Binds up to 1,000 times its weight in water, keeping skin moist and smooth. Promotes healing, cellular renewal, microcirculation, and nutrient absorption.

MALIC AND LACTIC ACIDS – Alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) that promote moisture in the skin; smooth dry, flaking skin by exfoliating the top layers of the skin; and help other ingredients to penetrate into the skin. Malic acid is derived from apples. Lactic acid is produced by bacterial fermentation.

GRAPE SEED (Vitis vinifera) EXTRACT – Masquelier’s® Original Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins (OPCs): a potent antioxidant. Prevents and repairs free radical damage. Improves microcirculation and strengthens collagen. Anti-aging effect against sunburn and wrinkles.

RETINOL – Vitamin A. A hydrating antioxidant, excellent for rough, scaly, dry, damaged skin. Helps normalize hyperpigmentation and heal sunburns through cellular regeneration. Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle.

BIOFLAVONOIDS – Detoxifying antioxidants that encourage cellular regeneration, combat wrinkles, heal sunburns, and improve microcirculation.

VITAMIN K (phytonadione) – Helps reduce the appearance of spider veins, scars, and wrinkles.

YEAST (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) EXTRACT – A skin oxygenator and cellular regenerator. Rich in vitamin B complex. Derived from mushrooms. True nourishment for the skin.

WHEAT GERM (Triticum vulgare) EXTRACT – Anti-aging, anti-wrinkle. Oxygenates tissues and cells. Extracted from the wheat kernel. High in vitamins E, B1, B6, and omega-6 essential fatty acid.

Cream Base:

AQUA – Fresh, clean water, filtered for purity.

ISOSTEARIC ACID – A naturally occurring fatty acid from coconut or palm oil. Dissolves active ingredients and increases the penetrability of the cream.

GLYCERYL STEARATE – A combination of glycerin and stearic acid. Acts as an emulsifier, surfactant and emollient. Helps to keep moisture in the cream.

CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDES – Medium-chain fatty acids sourced from coconut or palm kernel oil. A solubilizer, lubricant, and emulsifier that protects and conditions the skin. Contributes to the texture of the cream.

STEARIC ACID – A long-chain saturated fatty acid derived from coconut or palm oil. An emollient, surfactant, moisturizer, and emulsifier. Also used in the production of many other cosmetic ingredients.

SHEA BUTTER (Butyrospermum parkii) – A rich moisturizer derived from the fruit of the Karite tree. Encourages cellular regeneration and restructures the epidermis, reducing signs of aging. Helps heal cracked, damaged skin and repair and prevent stretch marks.

GLYCERIN – A sugar alcohol produced naturally from vegetable oils. A humectant; keeps water in the cream. Commonly used to make soaps, creams and food products.

DIMETHICONE – A silicon-based compound derived from sand. Delivers the active ingredients into the skin.

CAPRYLYL GLYCOL – An emollient and humectant derived from coconut or castor seed oil.

PHENOXYETHANOL – Cleansing, antimicrobial, antiseptic organic chemical compound commonly used to preserve natural personal care products. Prevents bacterial contamination.

SORBIC ACID – A humectant that protects the cream from mold, yeast, and fungi.

RICE (Oryza sativa) BRAN EXTRACT – A certified organic extract of non-GMO rice bran, rich in vitamins and minerals. This unique mucilaginous gum acts as an emulsifier to keep the cream from separating.

SAGE (Salvia officinalis) OIL – Antiseptic, astringent, and antioxidant. May help speed healing of minor wounds.

PROPOLIS – A tree resin used by bees when constructing hives. Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic.

HERBAL PRESERVATIVE SYSTEM: extracts from OREGANO (Origanum vulgare), THYME (Thymus vulgaris), CINNAMON (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), GOLDENSEAL (Hydrastis canadensis), LAVENDER (Lavendula angustifolia), and ROSEMARY (Rosmarinus officinalis) – A natural substitute for parabens; antimicrobial, antiseptic, and antioxidant. Helps to purify and balance the skin, reduce scarring, and stimulate new cell growth.

ESSENTIAL OILS of BERGAMOT (Citrus aurantium bergamia), CEDAR WOOD (Cedrus atlantica), and YLANG YLANG (Cananga odorata) – A delicate, fragrant blend to balance the medicinal aroma of the herbal extracts used to preserve the cream.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Yes avalange! I've used the herbal tea before and it does seem to help with the detox process, but the taste was hard to get used to, if I remember right. What does the supplement in the bottle taste like exactly?

The cream does seem to have a lot of good stuff in it....thanks for the review....I'll look for it! I'm always interested in herbal/natural remedies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'd be interested to hear about the detox process with this. I'm thinking of doing a gentle cleanse - I don't want DH to freak Wink

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
I'd be interested to hear about the detox process with this. I'm thinking of doing a gentle cleanse - I don't want DH to freak Wink

Same here!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
tsjmom wrote:

Same here!

X 3! Can you give us some details on the detox process?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
Found this. http://floressencetea.com/

It seems to have a lot of good information on this product and its uses, etc.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Found this. http://floressencetea.com/

It seems to have a lot of good information on this product and its uses, etc.

Riley, it looks like it is an essiac tea. Here is some info on that:

http://www.healthfreedom.info/Cancer%20Essiac.htm

http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_5_3X_Essiac_Tea.asp?sitearea=ETO

And this key tidbit:

Quote:
Some evidence suggests that Flor•Essence may increase tumor formation in an animal model of breast cancer.
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/cam/essiac/healthprofessional/allpages

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

And this key tidbit:

Quote:
Some evidence suggests that Flor•Essence may increase tumor formation in an animal model of breast cancer.

Thanks, Bethany. I did read that about the essiac. I'll check out the other links you provided.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have read that study, too, you guys. Somehow it doesn't bother me. The study was done on animals that already had cancerous cells.
Either way, no real medical evidence is there to support some of the grander claims of the product. i don't think it cures cancer, and i hesitate to think it promotes it, either.
i am using it as a very gentle detox system with practically no side effects, that tastes like the tea i am already used to drinking at night (organic fennel and linden).
i really like it every couple of months.

i was hoping someone had used the cream and had opinions about it...

--avalange

rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:

And this key tidbit:

Quote:

Thanks, Bethany. I did read that about the essiac. I'll check out the other links you provided.

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I used Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse last year. I recommend it to anyone who is in need of a cleanse. It's gentle but extremely effective. I love it and will re-use this year.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've used Floressence and essiac in the past and just bought some Floressence (make your own tea) as it was on sale. Feel it's time for a detox!

Never saw the cream before though. Sounds interesting. Definitely post if you decide to get it!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
It tastes like an herbal tea. After using the tea about 3 weeks ago, body didn't react so well. I went to the hospital yesterday in a lot of pain. The Doctor explained a lot of people are doing a detox not knowing they should be replenishing the good flora at the same time. I didn't know, so the result was a blockage in my lower intestines. I am now on a two day flush of laxatives and enemas to help clear the block. It's not fun, it's very painful. So I'm looking forward to reaping the rewards after the blockage is gone. I don't want to give this product a bad name, just want to let people know there can be some side effects and it was recommended by a doctor to eat either Activa or a good pro-biotic should be used while doing the detox. Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |