Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

teeth whitening (by a dentist?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Oceanpearl
5% products discount

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
hi

I have used the crest white trays with some good results. But my gums become too sensitive after using the strips particularly now in winter.

I talked to my dentist and she said I can go and get the trays they (dentists) have specially made for their patients, at a cost of about 300, and that this would lift all my stains.

But rather than just lifting the stains I would rather use something that bleaches my teeth to a very white, as she showed me her teeth after using the dentist's tray and they didn't really look as white as I would like to go.

Can anyone suggest a dentist in the lower mainland or a method that I could try?

Cheers
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
How about laser whitening?
Oceanpearl
5% products discount

Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
have you tried it?

do you recommend anyone who does a good job at it?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I can 100% recommend this company for custom trays. They have fantastic customer service, and will even replace your trays (up to once a year) if you lose or damage one. I did, and it was replaced with no questions asked.

I am not a fan of any of the non-custom trays...they are too big for my mouth, and make it difficult to keep them in for the appropriate amount of time.

BTW, the top problem with teeth bleaching is getting the bleach on the gums...that happens with the non-custom trays, and also when people use too much bleach in their custom trays. Yes, I learned this the hard way. Embarassed

http://professionalteethwhitening.com/

Thanks for the reminder...I need to pull mine out and use them! Very Happy

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I had custom trays made by my dentist 8 years ago. A tube of gel and the trays were ~$400. My 'wonderful' Rolling Eyes dentist, at the time, neglected to tell me how much gel to use so I ended up using the entire tube in under a week with little change in the color of my teeth. I never went back as a new tube was over $100.

I later learned that only a dot of gel, placed on the leading edge of the tray, was plenty. Also, there is no need to fill any indents for capped teeth or any so far in the rear as to not be seen.

I have since gotten 'hooked up' with more gel by a family member who is a hygenist. The problem is, I don't think the concentration of hydrogen peroxide is high enough ( 7.5% ) ?? The brand is Day White ACP.

Does anyone have any insight into whether this is strong enough (my teeth barely changed) and a brand / concentration that they have used with good results?

TIA for any and all info. Hope this might help the OP too Smile
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
pilotgal wrote:
problem is, I don't think the concentration of hydrogen peroxide is high enough ( 7.5% ) ?? The brand is Day White ACP.

7.5% seems VERY low....is that for people with sensitive teeth or gums?

You can order replacement gel from the site I listed above. I personally have the 35% gel, which makes it even more important not to get a ton on your gums.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
Yep...I was right. That is a low sensitivity whitening gel and is supposed to be used TWICE a day for 30 minutes each time.

Quote:
Day White ACP Excel 3 is a low sensitivity daytime tooth whitener formulated exclusively for use in a patented dual barrel syringe. In only 30 minutes twice a day, you will achieve the whiter smile you've always dreamed of!
http://www.smilox.com/smile/daywhiteinfo.cfm

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have had Zoom as well as NiteWhite trays. They both work about the same except that Zoom obviously gives the result right away. The trays are kind of gross because you cant help but swallow some of the whitening gel and it tastes gross. But its also a lot cheaper and u can keep the trays and re use them for a long time. The actual gel is cheap to get more of.

All in all whitening doesnt work very well for me. It makes my teeth look great at first but it never lasts very long Crying or Very sad
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:58 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
All in all whitening doesnt work very well for me. It makes my teeth look great at first but it never lasts very long Crying or Very sad

I have also heard from my dentist that in the end the bleaching will end up making your teeth more yellow/discolored than when you started, especially depending on what you eat/drink.
pilotgal

Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:13 am      Reply with quote
[quote="bethany"]Yep...I was right. That is a low sensitivity whitening gel and is supposed to be used TWICE a day for 30 minutes each time.
quote]

Thanks for the input and info! Very Happy I thought that 7.5% 'sounded' way too weak, especially after looking at the site mentioned by a PP. They are selling a 30% and 36% gel.

I too have to wonder if, in the long run, bleaching is even a good idea. I'm worried about doing damage to the enamel, thereby causing yellowing / stains to adhere even more easily once I stop using the product. Mind you, I currently have my 'weaky' trays in Embarassed lol

After reading the site, it looks like they suggest touch-ups on a regular basis. I am SOOOOO confused Cool Laughing Cool

I'm still searching for answers ... thanks.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I was trying to get a business going using a chairside whitening system (gel, trays, light combo, similar to Zoom & BriteSmile). I didn't have much luck, mainly due to lack of time to market it, so I'm trying to sell the system now.

In the training session, they told me that a person's teeth are MORE susceptible to staining for about 36 hours after any whitening procedure. We were advised to tell our "patients" to stay away from high-staining foods/liquids for 2 to 3 days after whitening. The specific foods were things like coffee, red wine, blueberries, tomato sauce (things that would stain a plastic container or your clothes). I imagine cigarette smoke would do the same thing as well.

Also, I read a "blog" (designed to sell certain products) about alternating teeth whitening systems that contain hydrogen peroxide & carbamide peroxide in higher percentages to obtain better results. Anyone try this?

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |