Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Anti Aging Hand Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Rudra

Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Any sugeestion on day time hand cream which has a nice smell(since hands gets washed so often)
And night time.
I read somewhere on this forum that castor oil is good at night, any suggestions?

Thanks everyone.
dpenn
5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
For daytime, I use RoC's Retinol Handcream SPF 15. Night - Nivea Creme (the Germany version in the tin).
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:11 am      Reply with quote
I like the ZO Skin Health day cream with the SPF in it. I like how this absorbs and doesn't leave a greasy feel to my hands. It has good ingredients in it, and SPF of 20. Here are the ingredients: ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Avobenzone 3.0%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Oxybenzone 2.0%

OTHER INGREDIENTS
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Retinol, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ubiquinone, Panthenol, Arginine, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Butylene Glycol, Laminaria Ochroleuca Extract, Diacetyl Boldine, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Aspartic Acid, PCA, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Polysorbate 20, Aminomethyl Propanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Limonene, Linalool, Parfum.

The night cream, I, myself, am not crazy about, as it does leave a greasy feeling on my hands, and I do not care for the smell of it.
DiPhx
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone - I added some actives to athicker
base of OTC handcream and it has worked
fabulously -
4 ox of base cream (Keri or Vaseline etc)
1/2 t glucosamine
1/2 t niamicide
1 t colostrum

Use your LED machine as well and the skin will thicken which means the veins diminish and the
age spots lighten quite a bit. Enjoy
DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
DiPhx could you tell me what colostrum is for? I've never heard of it. And where did you purchase it from?
Thanx.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I like the ZO Skin Health day cream with the SPF in it. I like how this absorbs and doesn't leave a greasy feel to my hands. It has good ingredients in it, and SPF of 20.

I second this recommendation.

But if I were washing my hands a lot I would probably go with the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. This is one of the most healing and protective hand creams I have ever used.

Check out the reviews on Drugstore.com:
http://www.drugstore.com/qxp17010_333181_sespider/neutrogena_norwegian_formula/hand_cream_fragrance_free.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Mishey - Colostrum was recommended by a friend who has chemistry and cosmaceutical background. It is supposed to thicken the skin somewhat and he recommended it in place of EGF.
I bought the colostrum and the niamicide and
glucosamine all from garden of Wisdom (GOW).
ENjoy - DiPhx

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:21 am      Reply with quote
DiPhx wrote:
Hi Mishey - Colostrum was recommended by a friend who has chemistry and cosmaceutical background. It is supposed to thicken the skin somewhat and he recommended it in place of EGF.
I bought the colostrum and the niamicide and
glucosamine all from garden of Wisdom (GOW).
ENjoy - DiPhx

Thank you so much, that sounds wicked. And I'm going to order a LED in the next few weeks too when my finances pick up again. I always seem to be broke since I started reading this forum you know. Wink
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I got 15 oz. of glorious stuff for $15.76 - Replenish anti-aging hand cream, in the bulk products catalog at ingredientstodiefor.com Ingredients are listed for it - they're not as familiar as GOW and skinactives.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Crabtree & Evelyn' hand cream is great. Every type of its hand cream is satisfactory and is also cheap.
Bluerain
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
I used a TCA peel 25 percent and used a q tip to apply to sun spots.

ALL MY SUN SPOTS ARE GONE !

SERIOUSLY !

Check out the make me heal forum under "Chemical Peels" DIY and read the posts there or you can do a search on me and read my posts in that section( Same name as here)

Bluerain
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
I am using this stuff called Manicure in a minute. It has oil and lavender and salt for scrubbing you hands and they feel so good after you use it. It is a spa treatment for your hands and feet. After you use it your hands are soft and smooth. It takes the lotion so much better afterwards. It is called "ONE MINUTE MANICURE" by Mykylyn Enterprises Inc.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
colostrum is the first liquid that a mother mammal produces for her off spring.. a precursor to mature milk...i think most colostrum on the market is from cows.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
The best, best, best handcream I've ever used is the L'occitane Shea Butter cream. I am a frequent hand washer with eczema on my hands and this will clear up an eczema outbreak overnite. Another great thing about is that it doesn't have an overwhelming scent. Its a little expenisve but a little goes a long way and it is so worth it.
milbader
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:57 am      Reply with quote
L'Occitane 100% shea butter in the tin has been the best product for clearing up my sons eczema. I love it for my hands as well.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:27 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

But if I were washing my hands a lot I would probably go with the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream. This is one of the most healing and protective hand creams I have ever used.

I also really like the Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Age Shield Hand Cream. It's SPF 30, one of the highest I've seen for hand creams.
critic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:07 am      Reply with quote
I have tried a few, Neutrogena is the best and not expensive.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Bath&BodyWorks sells "Look Ma! New Hands!" cream that is nice and thick and smells like orange juice...so I keep reapplying it more often. That's the key I think....keeping it on your hands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 am      Reply with quote
I think L'Occitane hand cream would be suit for you. this product is not oily, but still nourshing and moisturing.
So, i do like to use it in the winter, but in summer it is wonderful.
bunnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
L'Occitaine has a shea butter hand exfoliator which works great to sweap off the dead skin cells and preps for better absorption. then can follow by the shea butter hand cream.
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I use these gloves at night. It helps but I would much rather use a mitten that way the lotion stays on when I put my hands in them. The gloves takes it off when you put your hands in them. Any suggestions.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend KIEHLS HAND CREAM,Pilots use ,I used 3 years, of course, L 'occitane's also very good

5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:26 am      Reply with quote
hmmm,is there any hand cream containing anti aging meterial?
gicugy
5% products discount

Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
i used Neutrogena,L'Occitane ,Jurlique, Crabtree & Evelyn and La mer.

most like Jurlique, then Crabtree & Evelyn.

i think lamer's hand cream is not good as its face cream.

considering the price, Neutrogena is not bad.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Bliss has some anti aging gloves that you can reuse. They get good reviews from members.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |