Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Shuyis Eye Multi-Active Essence - no thanks!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I got a few samples of this eye essence from a good friend of mine who has used this before as well. They've been lying in my goodie "eye basket" (yes, I have baskets for different types of samples, let's not go there...) for a while so I thought I'd try this since I've finished the Juvena Juvedical eye serum. I was expecting something similar, a nice gel that helps with puffiness.

I'm not really familiar with the Shuyis brand but MACrisis tells me it's quite an expensive line. I haven't been able to find much information about the products so I have no idea what the ingredients are. Just about the only info I have found about it is the following from the shuyis website:

"Periodically enhance limph drainage massage and apply collagen eye masks (Full Eye Masks Type 6) and Eye Multi-Active Essence (an anti-wrinkle essence product for eyes) with features including firm and enhance circulation, to have a special treatment, then you will discover all the fine lines disappear and you reappear with young and dazzling eyes." So, I gather the purpose of this product is to prevent or smooth out wrinkles.

Now, on the little pump tube of of the essence is says "Canada", the website is shuyisUSA.com and the logo says "Paris" under the brand name. Meanwhile, as you read through the shuyisUSA website, it is very clear that whoever wrote that was not a native speaker. So, I can't even figure out what country this product is made in. Seems a bit dodgy if you ask me.

Anyway, onto the most important thing - results. The product is a clear very runny gel. I applied this and was straight away very surprised by how much tightening it provides around the eye area. There is no way that you can use this product without using eye cream over the top, unless you have eye bags in which case perhaps it wouldn't feel as tight. For me it simply felt uncomfortable and I had to apply a rich eye cream straight away, which did the trick in getting rid of the tightness. I've used the eye essence only a few times so you may wonder why on earth I would do a review at such an early stage. Well, as I glanced in the mirror yesterday I realised it was time to review this product and also time to stop using it on any day that I might be seen by anyone! Let me explain...

The eye essence creates an invisible film on the skin that tightens the eye area. All good (assuming that you need that much tightening) until you smile or do anything that makes the skin around your eyes move. I happened to be smiling when I looked in the mirror yesterday and I was absolutely horrified by what I saw - it was as if I was transported about 40 years into the future and even then I hope I don't have wrinkles around my eyes like that! When I smile, even with eye cream over this, the skin around the eyes 'folds up' due to that film and creates *really* deep 'temporary' wrinkles. I can't describe sufficiently how shocked I was by what I saw and how bad it looked (especially with the contrast to smooth skin next to it). I then proceeded to rub the eye area gently and could see that the film was breaking up and my skin was returning to normal (i.e. the temporary wrinkles were disappearing). I will use up the tubes of it that I have but will only be using it at night. I'm just curious to see whether it does anything positive at all, though at the moment I am not holding my breath for it...

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
dear mabsy,

stop using that eye essence right away! sounds like what would happen if you rubbed pure egg white into your under eye area!

sorry you had to endure looking less than beauteous for a couple of days!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:00 am      Reply with quote
The egg white is quite an apt analogy! It was not pretty...

Maybe you're right, but I'm just really curious to see if it does actually have any benefit at all. It would really help to know the ingredients to decide that I guess.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I would not continue using it..seriously. I think all it is is a temporary tightener (at best).
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
it sounds horrible!....the point of such products is to help prevent/treat wrinkles etc not to outline them more deeply Shock sounds like this thing can damage the eye area....and is worst to use during day time where we make more movement.
btw is it just for night time use or both? or doesnt say?

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
It doesn't say when it should be used and I haven't found any info online. That was the one reason I wanted to give it another go, perhaps it is meant to be used only at night? Still, outcome is not pretty! I did try it again last night but won't be using it anymore. Admittedly, powder does make it WAY worse (I use Rare Minerals at night) but the whole brand and lack of info just seems a bit dodgy to me. I forgot to mention in my review that it's definitely not good for day use since when you apply concealer over the top, blending it in starts to peel away the film so you get uneven results. I considered that perhaps this is just a treatment (like a mask) but taking it off after a while gets rid of the tightening result. Weird. No more.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |