Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

a few questions of relax and alpha?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chicagoguy23

Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all my name is Jay and I am 29 years old new to this forum and was wondering if the relax-a-line or the alphaderma CE would be effective for some small forehead creases? Also, is this effective with any other areas on the head like between the eyes? or other areas?? etc. etc. etc. Furthermore, should I use a Vit C serum along with any of these products?

I also wanted to ask everyone about a type of facial cleanser and moisturizer with sunblock for my face?? any suggetions would i'd be grateful for? ive been using dove soap with water and netrogena spf 15 and im not sure what to use!

Thank you for all of eveybody's time and any response is greatly appreciated!

You can post it on here or e-mail me at Flipside48@aol.com
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome to you, Jay. Both contain acetyl hexapeptide which will relax muscles that cause wrinkles such as frown lines, crow's feet, and lip "puckers"...All those lines are called dynamic wrinkles because they are caused by dynamic muscle movement as opposed to lines from the nose to the mouth (naso-labial folds) which tend to be caused by loss of elasticity and simply put, gravity.

Relax-A-line is what I have used for ages now. It's a serum consistency and a very simple formula. You can check it out at cellularskinrx.com. The AlphaDermaCE is more of a creamy base with many more ingredients in it. I think it is at jansonbeckett.com? Winnie can tellyou all about it. Judy Marshall also recommends a masque called Esther's Secret which helps relax muscles that cause lines as well. I am not sure where you can find info on that one. Since you are in Chicago with long harsh winters, you may prefer a creamy base. I'm in Texas where it's hot with combo skin so I like the simpler serum. Good luck!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome,

I use AlphaDermaCE and really LOVE it. It has made a dramatic difference in my skin tone, frown and lip lines. It does have a sunblock in it. I believe the SPF is 15. All I know is I used it all Summer long living on the ocean and had no problem with burning or tanning. When I go to the beach I do wear a 30 block.

AlphaDermaCE has a long list of great ingredients. I find it moisturizing but not too much. You might say it's an all in one product: Argireline, Vit C, Soy, Elastin, Collagen etc.

You can read up on it at JansonBeckett.com.
Awesome company to deal with.

As betterat40 mentioned the other products that get good reviews on this forum are Relaxaline and Esthers Secret. I also am using the ES Masque as I am 59 and like the added + of a masque with Argireline in it.

Hang around for lots of good info on this forum.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
the ADCE does have c in it, but not too sure of the concentration, Cellular skin do a 12% one which is OK and a good price but some don't like the consistancy, Skinceuticals do a 20% serum which is really fantastic but hurts the pocket, I'm just starting out with a dianayvonne 25% one. Apparantly there is a plateau of 20% on absorption of C by the skin, but this one is in a hyaluronic acid base, and I can say that after 1 day, the texture is really the best so far....whether the effects are the best remains to be seen Rolling Eyes Best thing is to use your C serum under your relaxaline, ADCE,ES or what ever (I'm also going to be trying the dianayvonne version of relaxaline...Oh the trials I put myself through to help you all look gorgeous! Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm using at the moment the Alpha, Esthers Secret Masque and also the serum. I love them all, they have made a dramatic difference to my face and lines etc, so much so people are commenting....I must have had some serious lines for a 38 year old before!!!! Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:51 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
the ADCE does have c in it, but not too sure of the concentration, Cellular skin do a 12% one which is OK and a good price but some don't like the consistancy, Skinceuticals do a 20% serum which is really fantastic but hurts the pocket, I'm just starting out with a dianayvonne 25% one. Apparantly there is a plateau of 20% on absorption of C by the skin, but this one is in a hyaluronic acid base, and I can say that after 1 day, the texture is really the best so far....whether the effects are the best remains to be seen Rolling Eyes Best thing is to use your C serum under your relaxaline, ADCE,ES or what ever (I'm also going to be trying the dianayvonne version of relaxaline...Oh the trials I put myself through to help you all look gorgeous! Laughing )

You are a true Hero. I surely want to say thanks. Although how you can defect from relaxaline I just don't know.
Suzanne,
I think its just that these products do work amazingly well. I am sure you looked great before use. But at least if you are getting comments it means the products are working. I am actually upset that nobody has commented on my new less wrinkly face. LOL.
Lori
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:01 am      Reply with quote
Lori,

I must of had a creased face!!...You must not need it as much as me if you're getting no comments!! Very Happy Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
Lori,

I must of had a creased face!!...You must not need it as much as me if you're getting no comments!! Very Happy Laughing

I surely do have a creased face. It looks like a map of England.
Lori
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:31 am      Reply with quote
loops...are you using relax AND ES at the same time????? BTW used the masque last night....awwwwwwwwwesome Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:49 am      Reply with quote
wait till your phone rings and your masque's set! Now thats funny...my mouth ended up looking like this Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:01 am      Reply with quote
rofl PMSL!!!! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:16 am      Reply with quote
You girls are too funny. I was relaxing with my masque on and the cable guy came 1 hour early Shock I had to jump up and run to my window and tell him to come in. My masque needless to say cracked Bad Grin My little Scottish Terrier almost bit off his leg. No way was I letting him in with that masque on!!!! If it was Halloween I might have considered it. He was an elderly guy...didn't him to die of fright. Laughing Darn, I wasted an application. Bad Grin

guapagirl wrote:

the ADCE does have c in it, but not too sure of the concentration

I asked JB about the concentration of vit. C. They told me this product was put together for everything to work together so each ingredient would do it's job to the fullest extent. Perhaps Ian can post more on this matter.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Guapa, I am using all the ammunition I own to eliminate those pesky wrinkles.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Gucci wrote:
wait till your phone rings and your masque's set! Now thats funny...my mouth ended up looking like this Confused

That's probably because you were talking out of one side of your mouth! Laughing

I have the hardest time when I'm doing a demo of the masque with more than one woman at a time. The minute you tell them not to talk or laugh for 25 min. they all get the giggles and have something they just have to say Laughing

I'm a real wisecracker and I have to just stop saying anything because I get them all laughing. Shock

Back to the recommendations asked for.... I have found that using the masque and serum together do seem to give quicker results. I think there are many acetyl-hexapeptide-3 serums/creams that work really well when used consistently.

The ES serum does have hyaluronic acid, 10% Argireline, lot of antioxidants like grapeseed extract and green tea extract and it is very light in consistency and disappears right into the skin after application.

JUDY

Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for responding and i will probably try the vit C serum and relax a line and try to get a sample of the alpha CE . Once again thanks again!
chicagoguy23

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also wanted to ask everybody of a facial cleanser to use before using these products ????thanks again!
Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
JudyMarshall wrote:
Gucci wrote:

That's probably because you were talking out of one side of your mouth! Laughing

I have the hardest time when I'm doing a demo of the masque with more than one woman at a time. The minute you tell them not to talk or laugh for 25 min. they all get the giggles and have something they just have to say Laughing

I'm a real wisecracker and I have to just stop saying anything because I get them all laughing. Shock

Back to the recommendations asked for.... I have found that using the masque and serum together do seem to give quicker results. I think there are many acetyl-hexapeptide-3 serums/creams that work really well when used consistently.

The ES serum does have hyaluronic acid, 10% Argireline, lot of antioxidants like grapeseed extract and green tea extract and it is very light in consistency and disappears right into the skin after application.

JUDY

Hi Judy, my mom wants to know if ES can also lift her sagging skin? She doesn't have any wrinkle or lines - 69 yrs old. but her concern is her face skin is bit saggy. She does takes care of her skin very much than I do Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there Dabawenya62,

I know you are asking Judy a question. Hope you don't mind be piping in. Laughing

I don't exactly know how much sagging your Mom has to her face. Certainly a good skincare routine will hydrate her skin and perk it up. I think she will be very happy with the glow she get from good product.

At 59 my skin sagged after dieting and its much better now. I have been working my pocketbook to get results Wink . Lack of tone as you get older can be very hard to deal with and correct. We all need to be realistic about our expectations. Product can only do so much for a mature woman.

I would suggest that your Mom start a good hydrating skincare routine. Esthers Secret Mask will certainly give her face a nice lift. She must be devoted to using it though.

Dabawenya62
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Hi there Dabawenya62,

I know you are asking Judy a question. Hope you don't mind be piping in. Laughing

I don't exactly know how much sagging your Mom has to her face. Certainly a good skincare routine will hydrate her skin and perk it up. I think she will be very happy with the glow she get from good product.

At 59 my skin sagged after dieting and its much better now. I have been working my pocketbook to get results Wink . Lack of tone as you get older can be very hard to deal with and correct. We all need to be realistic about our expectations. Product can only do so much for a mature woman.

I would suggest that your Mom start a good hydrating skincare routine. Esthers Secret Mask will certainly give her face a nice lift. She must be devoted to using it though.

Thank you Winnie, don't mind if you pipe in Wink You share good skin care tips! Laughing
I showed my mom the website and we are both interested in getting the set. Oh... I'm just worried if she'll get hook to it, it will be expensive in my part because I have to send it outside USA and it ain't cheap!!! She's on vacation here (USA) and lives in the Philippines

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:44 am      Reply with quote
So now your getting your Mom hooked on skincare? Laughing

I think it is great that she wants to keep her skin the best she can at her age. Let us know how she does.

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:56 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |