Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
retin a and copper peptide?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tracy46
5% products discount

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
do you think it is too much to use both in your daily skin care... After cleansing, i apply retin a and wait about an hour, then dab on the copper peptide. Hope I am not doing more damage than I already have Embarassed
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I think if your skin can handle it, that is ok. I know there are a lot of people who have had trouble with the CP's, though, so I would definitely go slow to see how your skin responds. It is really a trial and error thing to see how you react to a product!
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:55 am      Reply with quote
tracy46 wrote:
do you think it is too much to use both in your daily skin care... After cleansing, i apply retin a and wait about an hour, then dab on the copper peptide. Hope I am not doing more damage than I already have Embarassed

Tracy,
I use .1% Retin A, then SuperCop every other night. I must have read it in these boards and have been following it... So far, it is working well but my neck is a little sensitive to it. After I used the Retin A SuperCop combo, I will get these red marks, almost like blisters, on my neck. My face is fine though.

One question I have is the 60-min waiting time. Do I have to wait that long between Retin A and CP? Maybe, Rileygirl can help us, She told me the other week about the 12 hour wait between Vit C and CP.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi, essq! I can't answer that about the 1 hour wait time between Retin A and the CP's. I don't use the CP's but when I did, I did not wait that long. I actually would mix the 2 products and then apply it! Just my opinion now but I would not think you would have to wait that long as Retin A does not have to convert like the other A products do.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:18 am      Reply with quote
the 12 hour wait between Vit C and CP is because they can inactivate each other and cancel each other out (but I understand SkinBio have since found that people have used these two together without issue and believe they are getting benefits).

With Retin A, they often suggest you don't use anything from ½ an hour to 1 hour because it can intefere with both the absorption and process that Retin A does.

With Retin A and CPs, they are both very powerful skin remodellers, and so I would actually (if it were me) break up using them together and use them at the opposite ends of each other. So for instance, I might use CPs in the morning and Retin A at night. This way if you did get any peeling or side effects from the Retin A, the CPs could work at healing and rejuvenating your skin from them. But thats just me.... and I have done it that way for ages and it works for my skin but it may not work for everyone.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use both of them and they do work nicely together.

Seanysean is right about separating them. You'll get good results that way. If you use Retin A at night and CPs in the morn - you'll see good things happening. Retin A should be used at night anyway since sunlight degrades Vit A products (retinoids, retinols)

I actually use a BHA products as well, so (because of this), I use the Retin A at night and the BHA (w/ a 30 min wait) and the CPs in the morn. On occasion, I will use the CPs at night after a wait of 45-60 mins after the Retin A. riley - it's true that Retin A doesn't have to convert (like a retinol), but an hour wait would be best to give the Retin A time to work anyway. I've noticed better results when I use the Retin A at night and the CPs in the morn (instead of after a 60 min wait at night)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
essq2w3e4r wrote:
I use .1% Retin A, then SuperCop every other night. I must have read it in these boards and have been following it... So far, it is working well but my neck is a little sensitive to it. After I used the Retin A SuperCop combo, I will get these red marks, almost like blisters, on my neck. My face is fine though.

I have a sensitive neck(& chest) too and have to be careful there. I was diagnosed w/ Pokiloderma of Civate and Retin A used about 3X/wk has done wonders for me there. I also had to tread slowly w/ the CPs in that area.

5% products discount

Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
well i have the "uglies". thought i had escaped them but have the peeling around the chin area...gonna stick with the plan though Confused what is the best moisturizer that will really sink in and not feel greasy? thanks for help! Smile
essq2w3e4r
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
the 12 hour wait between Vit C and CP is because they can inactivate each other and cancel each other out (but I understand SkinBio have since found that people have used these two together without issue and believe they are getting benefits).

With Retin A, they often suggest you don't use anything from ½ an hour to 1 hour because it can intefere with both the absorption and process that Retin A does.

Thank you for all the info on the waiting time.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
tracy46 wrote:
well i have the "uglies". thought i had escaped them but have the peeling around the chin area...gonna stick with the plan though Confused what is the best moisturizer that will really sink in and not feel greasy? thanks for help! Smile

Believe it or not, Emu Oil is a great moisturizer to use w/ CPs. I was not a believer at first. I veered away from it for quite a while in the beginning since I have very oily skin. But, I began to spot treat w/ it here and there. It does sink in rapidly and does not leave a greasy feeling. It also can help to push the CPs in better since it has the same lipids as human skin and is readily absorbed by our skin.

I did a test once on it to see how it absorbed. My skin is so oily that I can see a shine w/in an hour after cleansing. Once, I applied the emu oil on just my cheeks (they are not as greasy as the T-zone) and in an hours' time, I felt the need to use a Oil Absorbing Tissue. The tissue soaked up a bunch of oil in my T-zone, but nothing on the cheeks. The emu oil had soaked in and did not leave any remnent behind.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
emu oil is also very healing and great for cuts or sores, plus that flaky dryness you're mentioning.

5% products discount

Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
thanks foxe! Isn't flaking the old skin away just lovely.... yuck!

tried the emu oil and like it alot. i actually had some dremu oil from about a year ago. that is the same thing, isn't it?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |