Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Alternatives to Rare Minerals night time mineral treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm quite surprised that we haven't had this discussion on the forum before, given the (high) price of RareMinerals and the relatively good reviews of it. I'm interested in what sorts of night time mineral treatments are out there and what our forum members use. I'm using RareMinerals at the moment but have just bought a night time powder treatment from Minerals Will Work For U (they operate off eBay only I think) and I'm also looking at trying the Larenim Dusk Till Dawn treatment. There is also Aromaleigh, which I have bought for myself and a friend before but that was a bit of a disaster and I never ended up trying them. Are there any others that you're aware of? Any comments on them if you have used any of the alternatives? Below are the ingredient comparisons - RareMinerals still looks like a winner in terms of the ingredient list.

RareMinerals:
"ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:
-Organic Soil Mineral Concentrate: 72 macro/micro minerals from untouched soil that are extracted to form powder that is highly exfoliating, hydrating and non-irritating.
-Illite (Green Clay): Natural anti-bacterial and healing properties.
-Emblica Fruit Extract: Natural fruit extract that has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, protects skin cells for anti-aging benefits, natural skin brightener.
-Ectoin: natural moisture retention, protects skin cells from sun damage for anti-aging benefits.
-Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A): Anti-wrinkle benefits.
-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C): Natural collagen stimulant, brightener, and exfoliant.
-Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Moisturizing , softening, protects, and soothes.
-Honey Bush Extract: Natural anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory.
-Wheat Germ Extract: Prevents inflammation by suppressing enzymes.
-Rosemary Extract: Natural antioxidant.
-White Tea Extract: Natural antioxidant.
-Rooibos Extract: Natural anti-inflammatory.

OTHER INGREDIENTS:
Organic Soil Mineral Concentrate, Illite (Green Clay), Emblica Fruit, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) - Natural, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Honey Bush Extract, Wheat Germ Extract, Rosemary Extract, White Tea Extract, Rooibos Extract, Other Ingredients: Organic Soil Mineral Concentrate - penetrates the skin due to the nature of the minerals and absorbs other materials making it a good carrier for active ingredients. Jurassic soil - virgin soil that remains untouched for thousands of years allowing for natural rock formations rich in minerals to remain intact and preserve the natural and optimum soil-mineral balance composition to be extracted by a proprietary process exclusive to Bare Escentuals." (from Sephora)

Night Time Treatment (Minerals Will Work For U):
"MICA ( gives a soft, light diffused look) ;
MICROSCOPIC PRISMS (Diffuse light and fill in wrinkles for a smoother, younger appearance) ;
COLLOIDAL MINERALS and VITAMINS A and C (nourish and restore the skin) ;
GREEN TEA EXTRACT (antioxidant to help prevent free radicals from aging your skin) ;
MOTHER OF PEARL POWDER, PEARL POWDER and ABALONE SHELL POWDER (Diffuses light and gives a soft finish to the face) ;
ALOE VERA JUICE (hydrating, moisturising and softening for the skin, it also enables skin to retain water better) ;
LAVENDER and YLANG YLANG ESSENTIAL OILS" (from their eBay page)

Dusk Till Dawn (Larenim):
"Kaolin, Zinc Oxide, Water Processed Green Tea Extract." (from their website)

Nocturne (Aromaleigh):
"Trace mineral concentrate, silk powder, zinc oxide, silica, mica, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phyllanthus emblica fruit extract, ectoin, camellia sinensis (green tea) extract, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)" (from their website)

Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
After a bit of googling, here are two more:

Rare Revival Minerals (Bare Basics - eBay)
:

Ingredients: Mica (CI 77019), Cabosil (Microprizms), Trace Colloidal Minerals, Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C), Retinol Palmitate (vitamin A), Rooiboos (green) Tea Extract, Mother of Pearl powder, Pearl Powder, Shi Jue Ming (abalone) Shell Powder, Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) Leaf Juice, Lavandula Officinalis (lavender) Essential Oil, Cananga Odorata (ylang ylang) Essential Oil.

NightTime minerals (Radiant Minerals):

Mica (CI 77019), Cabosil (Microprizms), Trace Colloidal Minerals, Ascorbyl Palmitate (vitamin C), Retinol Palmitate (vitamin A), Rooiboos (green) Tea Extract, Mother of Pearl powder, Pearl Powder, Shi Jue Ming (abalone) Shell Powder, Aloe Barbadensis (aloe) Leaf Juice, Lavandula Officinalis (lavender) Essential Oil, Cananga Odorata (ylang ylang) Essential Oil.

These two look to be the exact same, even the packaging is identical.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:14 am      Reply with quote
I don't know where I red it , but some one tested their mineral foundation at night and said it gave them the same effect as rare minerals
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hmm well with the amount of times that I left my makeup on last year, my skin should be fabulous by now Smile

The night time treatments have additional ingredients over most MMU foundation formulations. Surely that does something for the skin? Or not?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I know SunCat does a night treatment too. She is very trustworthy, her stuff is very pure and lovely.

I did make my own treatment based on a recipe evolved here with Carekate. But it just wasnt as nice as RareMinerals.

I'd be interested to hear reviews of any other mineral night treatments, as I am on my second pot of RareMinerals, and have passed my home made version on to my 14 year old son to help him deal with his pores!
Mabsy

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you catski. I looked it up, below are the ingredients:

SunCat:
Silk Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxides

My night treatment from Minerals Will Work For U arrived today, so I shall try that after the Rare Minerals is finished. Not sure what (if any) difference I'll see, but I like the concept and I like going to bed without a shiny face Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh has a product that is supposed to comparable to Rare minerals but I haven't tried it.
One product that I have used is Dusk til Dawn by Larenim, its really geared more toward acneic skin. But it will zap a zit overnite and is great for a primer for concealing big pores and keeping shine in check.
iceprincess

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Great thread we should update on this more.

I have been intrigued on night minerals for a while now. I had my eye on Rareminerals by ID, but the hefty price tag and the amount of product was a no no no for me. Was too less and you pay $60 for it. I researched and found some compareables ones. The most compareable would be the one from Aromaleigh it's 1/3 of the price $28, but if you get it on certain days it goes on sale at 25% off. Which brings it down to $21 you get a big size about 0.5oz compared to BE 0.15oz.

I have been using Aromaleigh's Nocturne for about 1 month now and i have to say my skin tone looks better more evened out, clears up acne, my face doesnt wake up drenched in oil anymore as it used too, scars/marks from acne slighlty fading, this also has a touch of color so if you wear beige foundation this works well as a concealer and i have found using it under eye circles covers very well. Overall my rating on this product is 4.5 stars out of 5

I've also purchases the Rare Revival Minerals from Ebay. Have been using it for a few days. The smell of lavender is quite stong. Not a big fan of fragranced minerals reminded me of Physicians Formula Ogranic Minerals. I have been using this on spots and i dont see results just maybe the simple oil draining properties. I can't stand the smell of this stuff so this stuff is a no no no for me.

For now i will just be sticking with the Aromaleigh's Nocturne good stuff and worth the money. Many may find the powder looks glittery and be careful when opening this product!! When i put it on my face didn't look glittery at all more matte looking. Also i'm using a Kabuki brush to apply this and leave the kabuki just for this treatment. I feel kabuki is better than the flocked sponge i get an all over fast coverage.

I will be definetly checking out the Larenim Dusk till dawn treatment powder i would love an overnight pimple zapper treatment.

I will update more on this
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Thank you catski. I looked it up, below are the ingredients:

SunCat:
Silk Powder, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide, Pearl Powder, Iron Oxides

My night treatment from Minerals Will Work For U arrived today, so I shall try that after the Rare Minerals is finished. Not sure what (if any) difference I'll see, but I like the concept and I like going to bed without a shiny face Smile

The Suncat product has good reviews. It gives a nice matte finish. Is also lightly tinted and I like the tint colour.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |