Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dry, scaly legs.....heelllpppp!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
happygal07
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hello! I am desperate! My legs look like fish scales (infact a fish would look better)! I have been sunburnt recently which has now subsided (silly I know, a mistake playing volleyball on the beach)! Sad Anyhow, I have used Body shop body butters, Palmer Cocoa moisturiser, Palmers oils, baby oil, etc etc!! Does anyone have any suggestions? I am as dry as the Arizona desert, urrhh, very unattractive!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Start skin brushing!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:51 am      Reply with quote
Hey happygal. My skin is pretty flaky at times and I have to be very zealous about exfoliating, especially in the hot Aussie summers. Try a good body exfoliater, you could even make your own with brown sugar and oil, but it's a bit messy.You can also use bicarb soda mixed to a paste with water or oil - haven't tried it with oil. I've tried it mixed with a cleanser and that works. But you need to do this before putting on any creams otherwise they'll just be wasted.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I second skin brushing...plus manual exfoliating...(is the rest of your skin dry-ish,too?...do you use some form of omegs 3's internally?)...also I get really good results with tamanu oil which I get organically from mountainrose herbs (there is a thread in this section on tamanu oil) and i add heliochrysum essential oil to it..which is very healing for a variety of skin conditions...there are a lot of other essential oils that are also great for moisturizing and regenerating the skin...Ananda Apothecary online is a good place to start..if you ae interested... because they have live knowledgeable people who answer their phones and are extremely helpful...if you are interested, you could tell them your condition and have them recommend eo's for you.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:22 am      Reply with quote
After a day at the beach mine look like that. The only thing that ended up helping for me was emu oil.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Coconut oil! The skin my my lower legs was exactly like you describe. The coconut oil really works and surprisingly it absorbs in really quick and does not leave one greasy. Also, the Gold Bond Healing lotion is great for the scaliness and works well.
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I tend to have really dry legs and I've found that using Weleda's Skin Food daily (right after the shower, on damp legs so that it spreads easily) has made a huge difference. Also, would definitely recommend gentle exfoliation and a moisturizing body wash (vs harsh soap) - I love Weleda's Creamy Body Washes.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:41 am      Reply with quote
You could try using oil with those nylon scrub gloves in the shower, and skipping the body wash altogether. You will probably find you don’t even need a moisturiser after this, at least I don’t. Any kind of oil is OK, or a mix. I mix together in a plastic bottle whatever I have handy and keep it in the shower - maybe macadamia, avocado, jojoba, coconut, kukui, it’s all good.
londongirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I used to have that you are describing always that crinkly looking skin i tried everything all the body salts you could think of as those are grainy so i wanted something more exfoliant

nothing worked....UNTIL Razz i used Retin a in 1% worked a charm Wink
tessera
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I've had good luck with almond oil, avocado oil, even olive oil (but you'll smell like a salad). Sometimes I apply a moisturizing lotion or cream first, followed by a buffing with the oil. I just apply it along the shin, where the scales are, so it doesn't rub off on furniture, car seats, etc.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Gold Bond Healing lotion. I use it everyday after my shower. I lightly blot the excess water from my skin and then apply the lotion and it has kept my skin moisturized this cold winter. It has also worked amazingly well on my daughter's dry excema prone skin (as long as I use it every day on her).
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Start skin brushing!!

I agree... I don't even use body lotion or oil now. It really does the trick

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I do the brushing.
For years I have gotten out of the shower and dried off and still warm from my shower and a little damp, I put on baby Oil with e, to seal moisture in. Then I use a cream (Cervae, or shea butter cream. I have nice soft skin all day and all evening. Even my heals on my feet are soft... all day.
mandm
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
bethany wrote:
Start skin brushing!!

I agree... I don't even use body lotion or oil now. It really does the trick

agree

I have never found any body lotion is effective for me. Sad
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:29 am      Reply with quote
My routine has really helped with dry skin on the legs over the past couple of years. Dry brushing, as others have recommended (everyday), shower, I then use a blend of apricot kernel skeed, jojoba, sweet almond and wheat germ oils followed by Aveeno lotion with oatmeal. I had tried all kinds of expensive body lotions and creams and this is the only combination that has worked for me. Sometimes things don't have to be expensive to be effective! Good luck!
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice AHA body lotion really helps my legs feel soft again. I would also suggest a sugar or salt scrub in the shower 1-2x wk.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try glycolic acid body wash. It gets rid of the dead skin layer, plus I find shaving makes my legs ultra smooth. Very Happy
tish
5% products discount

Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Skin brushing definitely works for me. I also like to use olive oil after I brush.
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Skin Brushing is certainly the way to go! It's super cheap (just the cost of a decent natural bristle body brush), takes only a few minutes in the shower & a decent (not even expensive) body cream. The scrubs suggested make it all work even better.
It's amazing how easy & effective it is. When you think about it, the scaly part is old, tough dry skin that needs to be exfoliated in order for the moisturizers to be able to penetrate the healthy skin. You can even get a "build up" of thick skin creams & the dry brushing blows that stuff off too (been there) Cool
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes skin brushing helps. Plus using a shaving gel before shaving definately gets rid of the dry skin cells on top. Shaving renews the skin and reveals the young soft skin underneath.
Yiying
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Reccomend DDF Glycolic 10% Body Lotion

Introduction from EDS:
A potent, silky non-greasy hand and body lotion formulated with Glycolic and Lactic Acid. Suitable for all skin types, except very sensitive. Helps exfoliate dry skin cells, while moisturizing and softening for a younger looking skin texture.

Potent 12% combination.
Re-hydrates and soothes.
Promotes a younger looking skin texture.
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Lac Hydrin? I has lactic acid to exfoliate, and it is SUPER moisturizing
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:00 am      Reply with quote
first of all, i think you should drink more and more water, which would be very helpful to your dry skin
yy3506
5% products discount

Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:22 am      Reply with quote
maybe you can try louis widmer's or swiss prestige's products.
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
Can try Eucerin Lotion, its very rich and creamy.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |