Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Carboxytherapy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mimiek
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if anyone tried carboxytherapy for wrinkle reduction, stretchmark reduction or treatment of dark undereye circles.

I found this website with some info:
http://www.carboxytherapy.com/index.html

Anyone knows anything about it?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:32 am      Reply with quote
I had this done yesterday after running into some serious issues with my micro-current devices that are now being sold on eBay. I heard this would tighten the skin and reduce dark circles, the doctor also told me that in a few days the skin would glow with vitality, it sounded like he was reciting an advertisement Razz Well no results yet but it's to soon. I will post with an update but for now will say that the procedure is extremely painful (think botox on steroids), incredibly cheap for what it essentially is at $150.00AUD a treatment (thats nearly the same cost as a facial), and it sounds like it actually works on strengthening the health of the skin rather than just covering the problem (which is what gave me that little extra push). Both the doctor and nurse were very helpful, the treatment didnt feel rushed, but best of all they warned me how my face would look right after treatment: like an inflated balloon. That it did too Razz but it went away shortly.

I want to fix the early on set of jowels, dark circles, and the upper eyes area, whilst also improving the nasal folds.

I would already recommend it without seeing any results yet because of the price and the fact it works on the health of the skin but will definitely post an update.

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
I might also mention that the clinics website didnt say anything in regards to an increase in collagen production but after reading that link you have provided it sounds like it will, which is even better, hopefully my enlarged pores and fine lines will get plumped up to Very Happy

I might also mention my skin seems somewhat dry Embarassed

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:54 am      Reply with quote
echoecho

what serious problems did you have, they must have been bad for you to want to sell the gadgets on ebay?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:29 am      Reply with quote
I over toned the cheek muscles and in doing so accentuated the nasalabial folds and also the under eye area now looks quite hollow. It really isn't a good look and for that to happen without any benefits prior to the over toning (apart from a little bit of a lift) these devices probably wouldn't have done much except maybe aid in prevention.

There is no doubt that these devices work but the affect dosent look good on me. I think further down the track it will certainly be a must have, but just not at the moment.

I'm looking into trading down from a Slendertone to a Rio though, and using it every second/third day for prevention purposes. This is of course a step that wont be taken until at least a months past, this way the muscles will hopefully have the time to revert back to there former appearance.

On the upside one of the EMS devices has lifted my eye area right up (something that the STOP only ever semi-accomplished). I love the look and while there is definitely a building of muscle taking form on the top of the eye brows, the lift more than compensates for it. In fact my left eye lid which isnt as symmetrical as the right is starting to balance itself out, which is makes me really happy as it's always been a huge problem for me. I've always had to tilt my head to the right in photos to even it out, needless to say for this reason none of my ID photos ever looked any good. Finally it wont be an issue. That does make me very happy, not to mention there wont be a need for botox anymore which if you can go without saves a ton of money.

I'm also going to continue to use the Neck Line Slimmer which is fantastic, I love it. I'm onto forty repetitions and am loving the look of my neck. I'll be moving it to every second day in a weeks time.

So yeah although the EMS devices do work, they are not for me, well at least at the moment. Smile The carboxytherapy was a step towards correcting the problems that the other devices had caused.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Well time for an update. Nothing dramatic (as expected it's only been a few days) but the doctor was right on the mark there have been a few subtle changes: my face is looking slightly lifted and the darkness under my eyes somewhat reduced. What baffles me though is my skin has also developed a more tanned appearance. I'm not to sure how this would happen. The treatment is supposed to have collagen enhancing benefits and is used to treat dark under eye shadows.

Downside is my face is feeling rather dry, my skin goes through bouts of dryness but it seemed to start the day after treatment.

Will update in a few more days. I originally wasn't going to post an update so soon after treatment but only because these results weren't expected so soon.

echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:14 am      Reply with quote
No results other than a slight bit of tightening around the jaw, which at age 25 cannot see it doing much for someone older. Does anyone know how long I should wait after getting this procedure to use the Tripollar STOP. I'm missing it? Embarassed

AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Echoecho-
Interesting results. What would concern me at my age is the inflation part. I have had several procedures that left my face "inflated" or swollen but because of my age, it just stretched my skin and left more sagging when the skin did not snap back in place.
Did you experience any of that?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:03 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Echoecho-
Interesting results. What would concern me at my age is the inflation part. I have had several procedures that left my face "inflated" or swollen but because of my age, it just stretched my skin and left more sagging when the skin did not snap back in place.
Did you experience any of that?

I had that exact same thought, surely something that inflates the face would cause some stretching and therefore sag... but the inflation part is very temporary, it only lasts for about ten minutes, so if done on a frequent basis it would but treatments are recommended monthly. Even though the results have been minimal, I will have this treatment done again only because the price is incredible for such a treatment (works out nearly the same as a facial) and it has collagen stimulation properties. I would however purchase the STOP before doing treatments as it has proved invaluable to me. My STOP is definitely my holy grail product Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:43 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |