Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Fraxel Repair Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Dazed
5% products discount

Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
On May 22, 2008 I underwent my firt Repair procedure for aging and acne scars. I acheived about a 30% improvement On January 8 I had my 2nd treatment. Both my treatments were done at 70 mj and 60%. There is considrable redness and swelling.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I had one intense one done with horrible side effects so I never went back to do another one. I had an Active Repair laser last Oct. with way better results but a lot of down time too and a different derm did it. I am so tickled with those results and wish I had done this instead of the first one. I think it also depends on the skill of the technician.
Hope it turns out to your satisfaction.

5% products discount

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, mine was Fraxel Repair, I have never heard of Active Repair. Fraxel Repair has a minimum of a week down time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:29 am      Reply with quote
The first one I had was a Fraxel Repair. The second one was an Active FX LAser (CO2), which is similar in some ways but much more invasive as far as complete recovery.
It took me at least 2 weeks to peel from the Fraxel and then a month and a half complete recovery due to scarring and breaking out. It had burned my skin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I did my third Vbeam treat at my derm's office, for redness around my nose area. This time, with almost 70% redness gone, he recommended me to do fraxel treatment to get rid off some the scaring (holes) and adress big pores in the nose area. After I come back of course the first thing I did was to search on this forum and I am glad I did. I think a few people have voiced dissatisfaction of this type of laser treatment, too much of a risk to me.

So in your opinion, what's the safest procedure to address scars and pores? Thanks.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
Fraxel did nothing for pores and scars in my case, it made some scarring from a light burn that had to be corrected. Active was better but you still have to have several treatments for optimal results. I just hate to go thru that again as it was really hard healing.

5% products discount

Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:09 am      Reply with quote
It is useless for me to comment on results for at least 3 months.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Pinkberry, why do your nose getting redness? I also got recess over my nose because of the cap formation induced by retin a, I hv done vbeam for forth and redness reduce but Ange stimulate,it is related to vbeam?I really hv no idea and struggling whether I should don't vbeam as the doctor suggest me the hv at least six time of vbeam ,1 time each month
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Pinkberry, why do your nose getting redness? I also got recess over my nose because of the cap formation induced by retin a, I hv done vbeam for forth and redness reduce but Ange stimulate,it is related to vbeam?I really hv no idea and struggling whether I should don't vbeam as the doctor suggest me the hv at least six time of vbeam ,1 time each month
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
has anyone had positive results with Fraxel on pores or ice pick scars?
MarciaNZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Is the fraxel laser treatment on your face expensive??

I was quoted for a treatment for my chin would cost $900 australian a session. It this a good price or should I get s second opinion from another doctor?

Also was there much down time from the treatment?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Is the fraxel laser treatment on your face expensive??

I was quoted for a treatment for my chin would cost $900 australian a session. It this a good price or should I get s second opinion from another doctor?

Also was there much down time from the treatment?

Please discard this post - sorry accidently posted twice Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:29 am      Reply with quote
I think the most common complaint with Fraxel is it causes fat loss in the face.... Something to consider before jumping in!

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:34 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I think the most common complaint with Fraxel is it causes fat loss in the face.... Something to consider before jumping in!

...wait a minute..wait a minute....maybe I am confusing fraxel with thermage?! Someone help me out here Question

Vehicle is a 1952 scratch and dent model....olive-ish, dry skin, long curly gray hair. Staples: Tazorac, 2mm Dermaroller, Anti Aging Light Stim, Devita Sunscreens, homemade C serums, some positive affirmations and whatever else it takes! Kicking and screaming the whole way...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Yes, thermage causes the fat loss.
In Texas, Fraxel runs about 400-500.00 per session, a complete waste of money!
The down time for me was well over a month and it causes wrinkles in my skin that had not been there before.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:48 am      Reply with quote
fat loss sounds like a horrible side effect.
Are there any real positives......from everyone's feedback is doesn't sound very effective Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:42 am      Reply with quote
I think when talking about Fraxel also one needs not to confuse the Fraxel Re:store with Fraxel re:pair.

It seems to me that $900 seems quite cheap for Fraxel repair... I think (unless the prices in AUS are a lot cheaper or prices have gone down significantle) it sounds more like the price of the Fraxel restore, which is a non-ablative laser (as opposed to the Repair)

It seems that the ActiveFX (when combined with the DeepFX) is more powerful and has less downtime, etc. than the Fraxel Re:store.

The more powerful the laser, the less it has to be on the skin and thus the more precise it is because it heats quickly just the spot intended to and tends to go less to the adjacent tissue.

I also think that there's a huge difference in results according to technician and sking preparation and treatment before and after the proccedure

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
PosyLee
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:56 am      Reply with quote
I love Fraxel Restore and have had great results with it. $900 AUD seems very steep though - should be 5 to 600.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I had the restore. I chose not to do the Repair, used the CO2 laser instead. An intense downtime that I didn't see any results from either to justify cost/downtime.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Yes, I had the restore. I chose not to do the Repair, used the CO2 laser instead. An intense downtime that I didn't see any results from either to justify cost/downtime.

Hi Annie and others,
I must admit that I have a tough time getting the names of all the laser treatments straight!

The plastic surgeon that I see quoted a price to me of $2000 for a full face treatment with the CO2 laser. This is the treatment that requires considerable downtown -- minimum 14 days -- and IV sedation.

Could anyone tell me if this is a reasonable price? I know prices can vary regionally. I am located in the midwest of the U.S.

Thanks!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
I think when talking about Fraxel also one needs not to confuse the Fraxel Re:store with Fraxel re:pair.

Thanks Josee for your post. I didn't realise there was two different treatments - Restore and Repair.

i will need to do some research i think.....
I just want my pigmentation on my upper lip and forehead cleared up. Also few ance scarring on my chin.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I was in love with the results of fraxel but very disappointed at how quickly the glowy, plump look dissipated. Now I have a face full of patches of hyperpigmentation and all my fine wrinkles are back with a vengeance Crying or Very sad
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
freckles00 wrote:
I was in love with the results of fraxel but very disappointed at how quickly the glowy, plump look dissipated. Now I have a face full of patches of hyperpigmentation and all my fine wrinkles are back with a vengeance Crying or Very sad

Hi Freckles,
Do you feel that the Fraxel caused some of your hyperpigmentation?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Yes. My hyperpigmentation is due to fraxel.

I have skin that's prone to hyperpigmentation and the people at the laser clinic told me that hyperpigmentation is a possible side effect of fraxel, especially if you have a lot of melanin in your skin.

But they presented it as like 1 in a million people get hyperpigmention... so I decided to go ahead with the procedure.

Once I started developing hyperpigmention, I did a ton of research and came to the conclusion that hyperpigmention after fraxel is actually quite common, especially if you're Asian, like me.

ARGH. I really wish I had made a more informed decision. And shame on the people who made it sound like I had nothing to worry about Mad
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for clarifying, Freckles. That's very unfortunate.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |