Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Fraxel Repair Laser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone who's had Fraxel for anti-aging benefits, would you do it again?

If you used a different laser and got good results - please also let us know.

Thanks! BFG
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:15 am      Reply with quote
For me it was face changing in that it was a bad experience, but I blame that on the esthetician. It was her first one and she was inexperienced and used too high of settings with too many passes. She didn't own it until after, which was too late. One weekend of training does not an expert make. But it did color my view on it and I have ready many horror stories since, as with any procduere basically.
But there are a few here who have had better results I think, so hopefully they will weigh in.
I have since had a CO2 , which was hard recovery as well but didn't do anything expcept leave me red for months.
Right now I am sort of sour on lasers!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Found a Medspa forum where doctors share info with other doctors (and clients).

Lots of controversy about lasers, what works, what doesn't - hyperpigmentation, etc.

Too bad there is no consensus. It smells like a racket.

BFG
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Well for me it seemed to be. And then they want to sell you other things to counteract the damage.
I have been on a 2 1/2 years self-imposed hiatus from botox, fillers, IPL's, etc. I just got the feeling it was too much with too little results.
Only my vacu-lifter, dermaroller, LED and serums. Now I will prob go back in in a few months and renew my botox in the 11's and maybe filler in a year or so, possibly an IPL for my rosacea tough up. They have lasted well and do make a difference that isn't over-noticible if done right.
But the lasers, so far for me, are a no-go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Found a Medspa forum where doctors share info with other doctors (and clients).

Lots of controversy about lasers, what works, what doesn't - hyperpigmentation, etc.

Too bad there is no consensus. It smells like a racket.

BFG

RealSelf also offers great reviews and at the other end of the spectrum the horror stories of lasers Wink
Glamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:23 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Well for me it seemed to be. And then they want to sell you other things to counteract the damage.
I have been on a 2 1/2 years self-imposed hiatus from botox, fillers, IPL's, etc. I just got the feeling it was too much with too little results.
Only my vacu-lifter, dermaroller, LED and serums. Now I will prob go back in in a few months and renew my botox in the 11's and maybe filler in a year or so, possibly an IPL for my rosacea tough up. They have lasted well and do make a difference that isn't over-noticible if done right.
But the lasers, so far for me, are a no-go.

I'm with you on this Annie - I'm fairly sour on lasers too after my experience - life altering and not in the good way... Shock
DrJ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Keep in mind lasers work primarily on the principle of damaging tissues (in a precise, controlled manner), and then allowing your body's own regenerative powers to "rejuvenate". There is a little more to it, but that's the essence.

Now as you grow older, your ability to regenerate tissues declines. Fetuses heal almost instantly. Children very quickly. Old folks, lucky to heal at all. Old folks with diabetes, forget it. If you can't heal regeneratively, your body may respond by binding together the tissues you already have. New crosslinks for old collagen. It's the essence of scarring.

So, when you think laser don't think of a healing heat and light, think of cell death, think of your body's age, and it's current condition, general health, and how quickly you heal an average paper cut. Those variables are just as important, and should be balanced against the degree of damage you are signing on for at the laser clinic.
Detty

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi, can anyone tell me the difference between the lasers? I received the Equinox fractional CO2 Laser. Initial consult, they promised everything and never told me about additional treatments. I paid $750 and was told it would eliminate brown spots, fine lines, reduce pore size, etc. They put the lidocaine cream on just minutes before treatment and eyedrops. They crammed eye shields over my eyes and I nearly fell off the table. I could feel everything it was so painful I had to tell them to stop. They waited a while longer, administered a pain IV, which did absolutely nothing. She turned down her settings and made ONE PASS over my face and a few quick zaps over a couple of the age spots. I looked like a pin cushion - I left there with blood all over my face oozing from at least 25 holes. My eye swelled up almost shut and lightly peeled in some areas. Broke out too. Over two weeks later , everything still there - no change. I feel ripped off!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Yes, that sounds like my CO2 experience as well. It was done by my surgeon after he did my upper and lower bleph. It would have been very painful but I already had general anesthesia in that area. It was painful to recover from and hideous to look at and the face stayed red for about 3 months after to completely fade away. They said it could take up to a year to see results. Can't say I ever saw any. Took that long to get the breakouts to stop!

Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |