Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bio Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I came upon Bio Oil in my local drug store. Anyone know anything about it? What is the basis of the oil?
havana8

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe try doing a forum search, Alien, as I think there are a few threads on it. Here are some of them... Hope that helps!

Paula Begoun's review of Bio-Oil
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=28800&highlight=bio+oil

How well does Bio-Oil work?
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9389&highlight=bio+oil

bio-oil did cure my burn scar
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30752&highlight=bio+oil
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I tried this and did not care for it. I think the reviews are mixed on it. It is supposed to help with a multitude of this from scars to improving the skincare. You can read about it at drugstore.com.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
It's sold as some miracle cure here in the UK. I bought it a few years ago before I came across this forum and it did nothing for me.

There are so many great oils (argan, avocado, olive, jojoba) for the face but Bio is not one of them.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
didn't do anything for my scar. Sad
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Have a look the Bio-Oil official website and you will find out the ingredients there. It has a strong market in the UK. The Bio-oil is actually South African products and very cheap there. It works on my husband's skin, but not mine. My friend claims it can help clean blackhead.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
It claims to sink into the skin, but for me it just sat on top of my skin. It seems as though it either works or does not. Not many people are in between about this product. You can pickup a bottle at Walgreens or CVS for about $10, so it is worth a shot.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
it didnt do anything to my skin either.. haha/ i prefer my decleor/ darphin oils
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
it didnt do anything to my skin either.. haha/ i prefer my decleor/ darphin oils

I agree about decleor, they make very nice moisturizing oils. I have had better success with them.
Teabags
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:23 am      Reply with quote
I've just bought this as i'm pregnant and it is supposed to help for stretch marks. I've also used it a couple of times to fade my post-acne red marks but found it too oily for my face. I've since bought argan/tamanu oil for my face.

I'm perserving with the bio-oil now i've bought it. it's hard to say whether it's working of course! i may not get stretch marks whatever i do and think the bio-oil prevented them. Or i may get stretch marks whatever and think bio-oil is the worst thing ever!

What i can say after only having used it a couple of weeks is that is goes very quickly! For a small jar of it, i paid nearly £9 (not sure what that is in $) which i consider a lot for how fast it goes. It sinks in pretty well but isn't very spreadable. Some potions and lotions you use barely any and it spreads wonderfully. This, despite being an oil, doesn't spread at all so you have to use more anyway. It does smell quite nice though.

You're supposed to use this twice a day, in which case i can't see it lasting much more than a week. v expensive in that case. At the moment, i'm alternating it with a more traditional stretch mark cream, so it's lasting a bit longer.

Looking at the ingredients, it doesn't seem anything you couldn't DIY to be honest. I'm just living at my parents right now with all my stuff in storage and not much room, so DIY is a major hassle and i'm succumbing to branded products more. I should be in my house in the next month or so, whereupon one of the first DIY things i intend to make is some stretch mark cream. Some cocoa butter, glycerin maybe, etc etc.

I realise this thread was really about bio-oil as a scar reducer, but i thought i'd add my little bit anyway!!

Don't worry what people think - they don't do it very often. 36 year old light brunette with oily/congested skin - but no wrinkles yet though! Tan quite easily and like natural organic stuff on my skin - even better if it's homemade - and i'm a firm believer that beauty comes from within.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Used a bottle and it went fast! I prefer Decleor or Emu oil to this. It just sits on your skin and was just too watery for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
i have been using bio oil for a month, although it didnt improve my stretch marks i found it very moisturising to my nails instead.
LULUKA
5% products discount

Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I become interested in bio oil .But in the EDS there is not this product.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
LULUKA wrote:
I become interested in bio oil .But in the EDS there is not this product.

You can find it at drugstore.com.
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
well, it's alright but definately not a miracle. Works well as a moisturizer
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:50 am      Reply with quote
wylone wrote:
well, it's alright but definately not a miracle. Works well as a moisturizer

I second that. It works great after shaving if you tend to get bumps or dry.
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I've been using it for 3 weeks now and IT WORKS!

Bio Oil is soooo fantastic, I have already almost no more stretch marks! It's a miracle!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have stretch mark, I want to try it.
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
yobi wrote:
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and have stretch mark, I want to try it.
Dear, you must try it. Most of women in the UK use Bio-Oil from the first month of pregency.
cc428
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Bio oil really works well on scarring and uneven skin tone.
I've used it for almost 2 months and am loving the result so far. Check out my detailed review here http://mybeautydiary-cc.blogspot.com/2009/04/bio-oil.html

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:12 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:

agree , no useful to my skin. now i am seeking other oils Rolling Eyes
tanmish
5% products discount

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 am      Reply with quote
I'd tried Bio-oil during my pregnancy and it didn't prevent stretchmark or reduce the appearance of my old one since puberty.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:54 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |