Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

stretch marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lilybelle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
i got stretch marks. I wander is there anything help to reduce or even get rid of it?

Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
If you search for "stretch marks" by our own "Diana P", she mentioned having some success with MSM supplements helping her stretch marks to "fill in". I think she also mentioned that she experienced some improvement with a scar at the same time. Smile
otherloulou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Lilybelle, try skin brushing with a dry body brush. It's worked really well on my stretch marks

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:18 am      Reply with quote
If they are relatively new retin-a can help fade them.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dermarolling has been extremely effective for me. Do a search and you will find a lot of info about dermarollers!
havana8

Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Some other stretchmark suggestions in this excerpt from the WebMD article...

Wheat germ oil: There is not much scientific data on whether home remedies for stretch marks, such as wheat germ oil, can help. One recent study did find it helped improve stretch marks in their early phase.

Glycolic acid: Widely touted for its rejuvenation powers, glycolic acid is a sugar cane derivative and a member of the alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) family. It most likely works on stretch marks by increasing collagen production, says Baumann. Glycolic acid can also be administered in higher doses by a dermatologist. Treatment typically costs around $100 and requires three or four office visits before results will appear.

Vitamin C: Certain formulations of vitamin C, which have become increasingly popular as over-the-counter brands, may also increase collagen production and help early-stage stretch marks, says Baumann. For maximum effect, combine with glycolic acid. Vitamin C supplements may also be effective. She suggests 500 milligrams three times a day.

Relastin, peptide-containing products: The jury is still out on Relastin, an eye and face cream product marketed for its ability to increase elastic tissue production. But peptide-containing products, which are widely marketed as effective "repair" creams, are a waste of time and money, Baumann says. Despite commercial claims, there is no convincing data that these work.

Retinoids: A family of products that includes vitamin A, retinoids have been shown to be fairly effective in increasing collagen and elastic production during the early stages. Retinoids should be avoided entirely if pregnant or nursing. Retinol, tretinoin, and the prescription medications Retin-A, Renova, Tazorac, and Differin are examples of retinoids.

Glycolic acid and retinoids: Using these together may provide better results. According to Elsaie, while glycolic acid alone for stretch mark treatment has not been fully studied, a trial comparing glycolic acid plus tretinoin with glycolic acid plus vitamin C both showed equal improvement and increased elastic in stretch marks after 12 weeks of daily application. Various prescription-strength retinoids are often applied as a preparation to "rev up" the skin before a glycolic acid peel is applied.

Copyright ©2009, WebMD, LLC. All rights reserved

http://www.webmd.com/baby/features/stretch-marks-getting-under-your-skin?page=2
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:29 am      Reply with quote
ladies... which brands of stretch mark cream is good? any sharing? thank you so much!!

5% products discount

Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, havana, for the info. I have stretch marks on my belly all around a surgery scar. I'm thining I will try retinol and a homemade lactic acid solution that I made. Can anyone tell me more about the dry brushing? I have heard people mention it before.

I also made a lotion with L ascorbic acid. Can you tell me if this is an effective form of vitamin c? I'm a little confused on all the vitamins c's and stability, etc... Has anyone had any experience with different forms and the results?
havana8

Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:54 am      Reply with quote
humster wrote:
Thanks, havana, for the info. I have stretch marks on my belly all around a surgery scar. I'm thining I will try retinol and a homemade lactic acid solution that I made. Can anyone tell me more about the dry brushing? I have heard people mention it before.

I also made a lotion with L ascorbic acid. Can you tell me if this is an effective form of vitamin c? I'm a little confused on all the vitamins c's and stability, etc... Has anyone had any experience with different forms and the results?

Here's a good thread on drybrushing, humster, which includes link to other threads to:

Dry Brushing - How To Tips
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29547&highlight=drybrushing
humster
5% products discount

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana.
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Try Palmer's cocoa butter for stretch marks. It takes awhile but I have been using it faithfully everynight for 6 months and my stretch marks have pretty much disappeared.
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
otherloulou wrote:
Lilybelle, try skin brushing with a dry body brush. It's worked really well on my stretch marks

How long did it take to see results and how often did you do it?
Mamastarr3
5% products discount

Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Hello! Hopefully someone can help me out a little here. I've been reading about acids for stretch mark treatments and I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on which is most effective. Glycolic,Lactic, etc... I am currently using a derma roller, retin-a and home made Vit-c spray along with dry brushing ans taking supplements. I am trying to come up with the best combination of things to get rid of the marks, or at least smooth them out a little.

Also, if anyone would like to weigh in on oils and copper peptides, the info would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

I want to tackle these things full force!!! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |