Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Handbags Letsgo - Authentic Louis Vuitton?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Gals!

I was wondering if any of you have ordered from a website called Handbags Letsgo? I came across this site today.

The Louis Vuitton handbags, wallets, etc. are 1/2 the price of what I paid for at the Louis Vuitton store in New York.

The front page of the website says "100% Authentic, No Tax, Free Shipping"? What do you think?

http://handbagsletsgo.com/index.php

[Edited to add: Okay, I tried to click on the link I just posted from the website I was at, and now unable to get back to the page? Let me try again.]

[Okay, I am able to view the website from the link I put in my favorites folder, but cannot access it from the link I posted here, which is the same website address. Hopefully, you gals will be able to access it.]

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I was able to click on it just fine. I am wondering if they are legit as I just bought 2 new Gucci bags and they are both listed on there for a 1/4 of what I paid for each. I am curious because the prices are just so cheap!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
A bunch of us gals at my office are looking at the site right now. We can't really tell if they are knockoffs? They have all the same logos, tags, pockets, mirrors, etc. attached to the items just like the authentic ones.

I would love to get the Louis Vuitton large Duffle Bag and the square Beauty Case (with mirror on lid) with handle, would be great for weekend trips!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:25 am      Reply with quote
The number of spelling errors alone would put me off, especially when “payment” is misspelt as “playment”, I think they’re trying to tell you something there Laughing

And their only email contact is a yahoo address ...
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I saw the yahoo email address and thought that was strange for a business email.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 am      Reply with quote
Okay, don't purchase from this site. I don't trust it. I did a search on the address in Flushing, NY (figuring I could take a drive there this weekend as I am in Connecticut) and there is no such address. Also, I called the 1-800 number, and got "this mailbox is full." That was it. It's strange, because the picture they show on their main page of the website shows a store front which looks like it is located inside a mall, yet I put in Handbags Letsgo into an internet search and not 1 hit comes up? I went to Better Business Bureau and this business has no listing.

So, I put the 1-800 phone number into an internet search and came up with a recent complaint listed at this site with a different named business for luggage & leather goods:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/407/ripoff0407697.htm

So, I will not place an order with this business. Always good to check things out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Great detective work!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Never trust websites if the prices are too good to be true. Also you can go to the purse forum and ask the experts there...there are so many sites claiming to sell authentic designer purses with money back guarantee etc. They are counting on trusting people and people who don't want to go thru the hassle of returning or filing credit card chargebacks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
You will never find authentic LVs outside of an LV boutique or a licensed department store boutique. It's illegal to distribute them any other way. Some of the Grade AAA fakes are amazingly "accurate" but they are still fakes. Someone in the know estimated that over 98% of eBay LVs are also fakes. I love my LVs. I go into the closet and fondle them from time to time. I don't think they are genuine. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I have seen some fakes that are unbelievable to detect, but I wouldn't buy one off ebay either as I have heard that rumor.
Always say, the best luxury items a woman can own are a good watch, good shoes, and an expensive handbag. That can dress up any pair of jeans and a T-shirt! (Unless there expensive jeans!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Annie R...couldn't agree more. In my case, high shoes or boots (distressed brown saddle leather, high heels are a killer), great jeans, white shirt with French cuff and a fabulous handbag and attitude! Whoo-hoo!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
That sounds like my favorite kind of outfit.
My hubby says I made up the expensive accessories statement to justify them. Well, it worked on him! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Annie!

Well, I took your advice and instead of getting the fake Louis Vuitton at that website, I used a $300 Lord & Taylor gift certificate (from my Boss for Christmas) and purchased a Coach handbag at Lord & Taylor. My boss has good taste and he doesn't even know it! LOL!

Here is the Coach I got:
"Sabrina" by Coach

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Oh, that is a beauty. I love coach and they last/hold up very well. I hope you enjoy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I never buy Louis Vuitton anywhere except from licensed retailers (eluxury.com, louisvuitton.com and an LV store).
It is true that the majority of LVs on ebay are fake...many are styles that LV didn't even make.

I was driving in Flagstaff the other day and someone had thrown an LV keepall in the back of their Dodge pickup. No one who owns an authentic LV would EVER throw it in the back of a pickup in the middle of winter (or ever, IMHO). There were other indicators (leather color was all wrong, two strips of leather along the zipper, etc.) of it being a fake bag, but still...the most obvious was the fact that it was in the bed of a pickup!

The only authentic bags that will ever be less expensive than buying it at an LV boutique will be authentic bags that have been used and resold. I've done a ton of research on fake LVs. Murakami fakes can be spotted a mile away. Monogram canvas might be a bit more difficult to detect.
If someone wants to buy a replica, that's on the consumer, however, I absolutely detest those who sell fake bags as authentic. I refuse to patronize ebay for this reason (not to mention ebay refuses to deal with other issues of illegal sales).

I bought a Tiffany bracelet from a seller on ebay with stellar feedback, a well-established history, and came highly recommended. She touted it as an authentic bracelet she purchased at a boutique, but simply didn't wear anymore. She had the box and receipt to boot.
Completely fake bracelet. The heart tag was the wrong shape (heart wasn't exact) and the links on the bracelet were too small for a Tiffany bracelet. She's no longer a seller, but I was too inexperienced at the time to know I had recourse.

That was the first and only time I ever bought "designer" merchandise on ebay. Even sellers that claim to be genuine resellers of LVs are on my list to avoid. There is just no guarantee nowadays.

I have purchased replicas in the past, I won't anymore because of my own reluctance to support the trade. However, I don't begrudge anyone who does so.

Don't get me started on fakes...I did my MA thesis on fake antiquities in the Middle East and my passion also crosses over into my beloved LVs!

Laughing

Too bad I couldn't write my thesis on that Smile

Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Wish I would have read Mistypines info on handbagsletsgo. I became one of their victims purchasing a Gucci thinking the same thing. what a great deal and so cheap. Well as soon as I even saw the packaging, I just knew. Should have trusted my instincts and now it cost me $240 I will never get back. Sad Be careful of this company. Wish there was somewhere to report them. Their 800 number says its not working....
ximing
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Dodgy! don't buy anything from this website!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:13 am      Reply with quote
If you used your credit card you can get the charge reversed, just call your bank or credit card company.
I do hate hearing that you were taken in, but be sure and do what you can to not be a passive victim. By posting here to let people know, you have taken the first steps in that direction. Good luck and I hope it all turns out okay for you.

5% products discount

Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:45 am      Reply with quote
I think it may be fake.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Just remember...if it's not eluxury.com or louisvuitton.com it's probably not authentic!!!

As I stated in my previous post, there ARE authentic resellers of used and vintage louis vuitton on ebay, but with the way ebay runs nowadays, there's no guarantee at all that what you are get is the real thing.

Another way to see if it's authentic if you buy from ebay...take it to a LV boutique. They'll authenticate it usually.

If you want the real thing (real Louis)...NEVER buy from a website that is not part of Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH).

While you *might* find authentic bags elsewhere...it's not guaranteed and chances are they are not real bags.

If it sounds too good to be true IT IS!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:42 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:

Another way to see if it's authentic if you buy from ebay...take it to a LV boutique. They'll authenticate it usually.

Actually a friend of mine took her LV bag back to the LV boutique to have it repaired (zipper problem I think), and was informed by staff that LV would not repair it as it was a “fake”. She had in fact bought the bag at that very same LV boutique, but a couple of years back so didn’t still have the receipt.

She did eventually get her problem sorted.. well, she is a lawyer Laughing Laughing
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...really??? Sounds like LV needs to show some consistency.

I did buy a replica Murakami Speedy...spitting image of a real one (hence all my research into authentic bags).

Paid $250 bucks. The metal wasn't the right color (cheaper metal) but otherwise...spitting image...all the way down to authentic leather that turned with age (instead of the plasticy looking straps and leather accents of cheaper knockoffs).

The lining was correct (cherry colored suede) and ended up bleeding into the white areas so I got rid of the bag.

I do notice that LV changes their zipper pulls and has slight variations from time to time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:06 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, I think my friend was just unlucky. I've always had excellent service at that boutique, not that I buy LV stuff often.

Oh, and I've got a Murakami umbrella! Bad Grin
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I don't buy LV that often either. I have two bags that were gifts for graduation from college and from grad school. The only LV I bought on my own was my Ludlow wallet...and I really shouldn't have bought it on a grad student's salary!

But sigh...there are some things in life that folks just have a weakness for. Some have a weakness for fancy cars, some have a weakness for jewelry...me, it's LV.

I hope someday to have a job where I can actually afford LV instead of putting it on a credit card.

Very Happy

Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 am      Reply with quote
You are purchasing a tifiny Bracelets. Are you used eBay ? They are giving a 7 days delivery or more days. Please describe it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |