Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
nothing works please help!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marism

Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
so i have come to the conclusion that my t- zone especially right between my eyes will always be oily. i hate looking in the mirror and seeing a glare coming from my third eye. i've tried a lot of moisturizer's that claim to be non oily but no luck can anyone help?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
Pearl powder worked for me. I used to have such oily skin that I went through tons of those blotting papers and was constantly touching up my make-up (also had acne issues). Then I read here about pearl paste and how it was good for regulating oil production in skin. There are tons of threads, just do a search. I used a couple drops of jojoba oil followed by pearl paste as a moisturizer, then brushed some pearl powder as a primer followed by MMU. I have since stopped using the pearl paste but have continued with the pearl powder and MMU. I would now describe my skin as normal. No oily skin at all and no acne.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
marism wrote:
so i have come to the conclusion that my t- zone especially right between my eyes will always be oily. i hate looking in the mirror and seeing a glare coming from my third eye. i've tried a lot of moisturizer's that claim to be non oily but no luck can anyone help?

Can I suggest using the appropriate oil to control your oil? When I was oily, I was using Sonya Dakar Omega oil to calm my breakouts, oiliness and blackheads.
You can also use jojoba oil and maybe add one drop of lavender to calm any redness if you have any.

As for make-up, I can't really suggest a brand. I would pick one that suit your skin tone, more then anything else. I really love Cle de Peau loose powder, but if you are oily, you would have to apply it more frequently. But, if you are using omega oil or jojoba oil, after three months, you will notice a huge difference with your oil skin production.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Brandt Pore No More , mattifying pore minimizer is the best thing ever!!! (comes in a long skinny tube) I dont even use foundation anymore! and it will make your skin so soft! it has lavender oil in it so smells great...
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:16 am      Reply with quote
I use a product that's used by alot of makeup artists to control oily shine, especially during photo shoots with hot lights. It's called Super Matte Anti Shine. It's a lightweight gel that I use on my t-zone but can be used all over the face. It really works great. Better than any other mattifier I've ever used and it doesn't contribute to any breakouts. Then to keep my face shine free all day and also to keep my makeup from fading off my face from oil, I love Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray. It keeps my makup perfect all day. The oil never breaks through my makeup with this spray at all. You don't even feel anything on your face, its like spraying water on your face. I only apply it in the morning after applying my makeup, let it dry, and then apply a light dusting of powder. My makeup stays perfect all day. Skindinavia has a special technology that cools your makeup and locks it in on your face. There is no sticky feel like some other sprays that act more like hairspray for your face. This is nothing like that.
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:37 am      Reply with quote
If I get the dreaded shine (usually about an hour after applying mattifier Sad ) I use Fyrinnae mineral powder for oil control. It's white but goes on colourless. Here are the ingredients:

Our pure mineral Oil Control finishing powder is just that: it contains no cornstarch, no oil, only matte mica, kaolin, and zinc oxide. Dust on a small amount after applying foundation (or wear alone), using a powder, kabuki, or similar large brush. It will give a very soft shine-free glow and a powder-soft finish. This powder is transparent.

Mmmm...now I want to try that Skindinavia finish Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:01 pm      Reply with quote
I recommend two products for you:

1.Decleor Matt finish skin fluid
2.La Mer oil asborbing lotion
baby
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
Oil blotting papers really work. It seems like you are producing too much oil so you need to make sure that during the day you seep as much oil as you can off the surface of your skin. Good luck.
lilybear
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I had so much trouble with oily skin, it does get better with age... Nothing has made more of a difference for me than Epidermx II by NaturDerm. EDS carries the line, organic and no parabens or silicones, about the purest line, especially for anti aging that I have found. If you use it nightly, you will be shocked at what it will do for your skin. My skin is smooth as a baby's bum. I use to have blackheads galore, no more, fine and tight. All of their products are great, you might like the Triple Lavender Face Foam, it lasts forever and is luscious stuff!
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:31 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Pearl powder worked for me. I used to have such oily skin that I went through tons of those blotting papers and was constantly touching up my make-up (also had acne issues). Then I read here about pearl paste and how it was good for regulating oil production in skin. There are tons of threads, just do a search. I used a couple drops of jojoba oil followed by pearl paste as a moisturizer, then brushed some pearl powder as a primer followed by MMU. I have since stopped using the pearl paste but have continued with the pearl powder and MMU. I would now describe my skin as normal. No oily skin at all and no acne.

Diana P, do you mean the kind of crushed pearl powder you buy in a Chinese pharmacy that is meant to be ingested?
fat_swan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Phillips Milk of Magnesia works very well for me as a primer for shine control.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:10 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |