Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

L'Occitane Honey & Lemon Delight Cream - OMG the smell
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am      Reply with quote
I received this as a sample from EDS and used it as a leg moisturiser.
The smell is so strong If it were a smell that I liked, it might not be too bad but I can't even begin to describe the smell other than it is just so overpowering and I don't like it.
To give you an indication, 2 hours after I applied it to my legs, I went to feed my cat. The cat looked a bit funny at me and then went for his life. Now, my cat likes his food, and he did not even touch it. It was over an hour later before he reappeared and he would not go near me. In the end, DH had to feed him and I had to stay well away.
I gave up and washed it off. After 4 hours, the smell was still choking me and I couldn't stand it.
Some people may like this smell but if you are considering this product, please try a sample first.

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that's amazing! I'm still laughing about your cat too Smile

I tried their lavender body lotion and that was really nicely scented. I wonder whether the cream version would have the same lasting power you just described. I don't want it to compete with my perfume during the day but it might be nice in the evening.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
The smell is so strong If it were a smell that I liked, it might not be too bad but I can't even begin to describe the smell other than it is just so overpowering and I don't like it.
To give you an indication, 2 hours after I applied it to my legs, I went to feed my cat. The cat looked a bit funny at me and then went for his life. Now, my cat likes his food, and he did not even touch it. It was over an hour later before he reappeared and he would not go near me. In the end, DH had to feed him and I had to stay well away.
I gave up and washed it off. After 4 hours, the smell was still choking me and I couldn't stand it.
Some people may like this smell but if you are considering this product, please try a sample first.

Smile The body line of L’OCCITANE is my favorite presently.
The smell also is a little strong for me ,but I will be put up with the smell unless find anthor new brand.
frankmcs
5% products discount

Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's terrible~I am just interested in this product,Maybe I should try a sample first.I hate strong smell in any skin care products.

bushy wrote:
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used it before it really smells good and I love the feeling when I put it on my face.

But I think it's a little dry. because my skin is dry skin, hehe
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you were going to say the smell was divine. I'm surprised you didn't like it. I usually like L'Occitane products. I guess I'll have to stay away from that one.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:46 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I thought you were going to say the smell was divine. I'm surprised you didn't like it. I usually like L'Occitane products. I guess I'll have to stay away from that one.

I think smells affect everyone differently. I love the smell of Valmont and Cellcosmet but many other don't.
I didn't want to turn anyone off this product but just wanted to let some users know that it does have a very strong smell. I have read a number of posts from users who don't like perfume smells in their products.
It really comes down to individual tastes.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:47 am      Reply with quote
My friend likes this smell very much, maybe you'll get used to this smell after frequently use.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I usually like lemon scent, but if it is too strong, then no. However, it also depends on how it actually smells. If it smells like natural lemon, then it's good. I guess I have to find a tester to be able to smell it first before purchase.
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the old version of honey body line. The smell is much better.
innifree
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:44 pm      Reply with quote
Though so many friends of mine don't like it's smell,but I think it's OK.You'll get used to it after frequently use. The softening and moisturizing benefits of honey delight the body from head to toe.But if you can't stand it's smell,just stop using it,my mother always says that bad smell makes her to feel dizzy .
Katsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got this as a sample, and also was put off by the smell. When I saw it I thought it would smell...well i don't what I thought - cause it didn't. It smells like I took a bag of tea and rubbed it on my hands. I wasn't thrilled with its moisturising factor - but maybe my bias of the smell got the better of my judgment on the moisture.
theyoungyvonne
5% products discount

Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:50 am      Reply with quote
If your cat doesn't like it, you've got to change it!
pharaoh
5% products discount

Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Oh I have it and don't like it either. Got it in a kit of three. I have realized that I don't like honey as a scent but this is way over the top. I have it in my drawer to use on my feet (under socks) but haven't even done that yet!
flyflyonly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:52 am      Reply with quote
i don't know why, but sometimes L'Occitane body lotion really smells like bad oil--it always make me dault if it is already spoiled.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |