Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
SkinCeuticals CE + Ferulic
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how ladies get on with this product, and what effects (if any) have you noticed from using this serum?

I've bought a knock-off version which apparently contains all the same ingredients, but not sure what effects I'm supposed to be looking for!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:34 am      Reply with quote
mowgli wrote:
Just wondering how ladies get on with this product, and what effects (if any) have you noticed from using this serum?

I've bought a knock-off version which apparently contains all the same ingredients, but not sure what effects I'm supposed to be looking for!

Hi mowgli, I don't use Skinceuticals so can't help you there, but just wanted to give you a bit of advice if I may..

Rather than start "a new topic" on the same question that already has been covered in many, many, existing threads, please hit the "search" button, right next to the new subject you want to start, and you will see that your question has already been asked and answered in existing threads..

Please use all the search features provided by EDS, they really are very helpful!

ETA: There is a recent thread floating around, with the precise question you asked, regarding a knockoff version..

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kassy, I didn't really get a good feel for how the serum performs or what exactly it does from reading the review thread on it, but I will have a closer look at other threads - thanks!
Septembergirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi, mowgli.
I think the most important when using a vitamin C serum, is the antioxidant protection. You won't feel or notice this protection, but in the long run it will prevent premature aging. You may also to some extent experience increased collagen production which will erase fine lines and increase skin thickness. This will however take many months or up to a year to achieve.

There is no doubt that SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic is one of the best antioxidant serums on the market. It has demonstrated excellent antioxidant benefits in independent studies and is frequently recommend by dermatologists.

However, I believe you want to know about the short term benefits.

I have seen that a lot of people have experienced a healthy glow, more even skin tone and refined skin texture from using SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic. Personally, I did not notice much of a difference short term.

For cosmetic reasons I have been using SkinMedica C Complex for quite some time simply because it makes my skin glow and look good and healthy.

Lately I have also been very pleasantly surprised by SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF. After a couple of weeks of use I have noticed a refined skin texture, nice skin tone and very smooth skin. My pores are practically invisible. As it seems now, I will repurchase this one and give my old favorite SkinMedica a break.

If you take a look at the reviews on Makeupalley.com, you will see that both SkinCeuticals CE Ferulic and Phloretin CF get great reviews. CE Ferulic has got a more oily, moisturizing texture. Phloretin is designed for more oily skin types, but I love it although my skin is normal/slightly on the dry side.

Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Septembergirl - thanks for the review! I'm not seeing any overwhelming results with this knock off version, but my skin does look a little brighter - maybe its cumalative and will get better

But your results with SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF sounds more like what I am looking for, I've read the MUA reviews and it sounds like it can't fail! I may use my current stuff up and just bite the bullet and get the SkinCeuticals Phloretin CF. Sounds like I won't regret it Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I didnt like this product I found it to be sort of sticky. I prefer skinmedic'as c or now I am using revive arrete C booster which I think is the finest C (doesnt degrade) and you see results in 2 weeks but pricey for sure 300.I buy on ebay for about 50.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I didnt like this product I found it to be sort of sticky. I prefer skinmedic'as c or now I am using revive arrete C booster which I think is the finest C (doesnt degrade) and you see results in 2 weeks but pricey for sure 300.I buy on ebay for about 50.

lucyluc, what results have you seen in 2 weeks with the ReVive C?

I love the skinceuticals C, E, Ferulic, but I did not notice any change in my skin other than that it helped diminish freckles. It hasn't had any effect on wrinkles, though.
ramses
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin, only can use it in the winter, due to the sticky texture. seems my skin is slightly brigher.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 am      Reply with quote
What age Range is the Ferulic suitable for?? 23? Haha
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:50 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
What age Range is the Ferulic suitable for?? 23? Haha

Anyone who wants added sun protection!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Really? So even i can use it?? My friends used to tell me if was for 30-40's above!!
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:37 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Really? So even i can use it?? My friends used to tell me if was for 30-40's above!!

no. surely not. Vit.C products are preventative and suitable for every age group.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:55 am      Reply with quote
omg then i will start bidding!
thanks peeps!!
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi peeps,

I just managed to bid on 10 small bottles of 5 ml = 50 ml in total for 29.50 euros. Think its worth it?
bciw
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've managed to found a homemade version of skinceuticals at:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=30503
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
It become yellowish very easily.
masaholly
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:37 am      Reply with quote
i hv tried for nearly a month but cant notify any improvement...i dont like the texture as well maybe owning to my oily skin...should i throw it away or apply to other body parts? i hv opened the bottle more then half a year in fact, the colour seem not changed but really not sure wheather the vit c has already oxidised or not...
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:17 am      Reply with quote
lol its too expensive to throw awat! try it on other parts of ur body then, or ur neck, or those area which are more exposed to sunlight
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:26 am      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:
i hv tried for nearly a month but cant notify any improvement...i dont like the texture as well maybe owning to my oily skin...should i throw it away or apply to other body parts? i hv opened the bottle more then half a year in fact, the colour seem not changed but really not sure wheather the vit c has already oxidised or not...

use it on the backs of your hands. They will thank you! the hands are often neglected, but then they will give away your age...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:43 am      Reply with quote
thanks for your suggestion...in fact i have tone of products left and my body parts are so busy to absorb all of them...sigh~
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:58 am      Reply with quote
does the Ferulic contains AHA or BHAs?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:25 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
does the Ferulic contains AHA or BHAs?

No it does not, CE Ferulic is only 15%C, 1%E and .05% Ferulic.
Skinceuticals does make a C+AHA which is 15%C and 10% AHA (glycolic & lactic mix).
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:27 am      Reply with quote
masaholly wrote:

Its my understanding the CE is better for dry skin. I agree that I would also use it on my hands if it didnt work for my face. Also you need to use for many months to see an improvement. If the color is dark yellow or amber its oxidized.

nickieygirl wrote:
It become yellowish very easily.

If you store it in the fridge it last a long time without oxidizing.
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 am      Reply with quote
ahhh, good then. i was worried if i used it with my Retanew
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
HIHihihih

Instructions says to use it in the morning.

But could i use it at night after my dermarolling and then apply my retinol cream after that? Very Happy

Since ferulic is just a vit C n E serum right?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |