Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Facial exercises and fat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:26 am      Reply with quote
Are there any facial exercises that can plump up your face, or keep your face from losing fat?

Ive lost a lot of fat in my previously baby face and I've found its made such a difference to my appearance - I think its hereditary and would love to stop this process somehow!
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
yep mowgli, these are good:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539

I can't actually tell you what they are, since it is a program that you have to buy, but I can tell you, it's the most effective use of $10USD I have ever made. I have seen a major amount of plumping of my cheeks. There are pics on her website of her before/after results.
Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
Be sure to include pinching and pulling (AKA:skin massage Laughing ) It is very effective for building up collagen and giving more height and depth to the skin structure.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:36 am      Reply with quote
fantastic, that looks like a pretty amazing change, she looks like a young woman!

im mainly interested in plumping out my cheeks and the hollows of my eyes, from what i could tell from reading about facial exercises they are mainly about toning and lifting.

But this looks good, will download this and give it a try!
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Loulou's Ageless if You Dare exercises for about a month..and I love them so much..but I've been looking for exercises that also widen (fill out/plump up)the lower part of my face...and I found a few from Carole Maggio and Eva Frazer to add to the Ageless exercises..if you'd like this info as well, I'll post it here

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:19 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey, thats exactly what I'm looking for! I think the most aging thing for me has been loss of fat under my eyes and temples, and a narrowing of the lower half of my face - its plainly visible in my recent pics.

If you could post these, that would be perfect!
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 am      Reply with quote
There is not really any exercises that will stop you losing fat, or even replenish that fat supply but there are exercises that stimulate the tissue and cells to bulk up somewhat, but it doesn’t happen overnight and requires a lot of time and commitment to get there but it does certainly happen. Skin massage is essential for health and the facial contours and again over time works wonders.

I am a trainer of FlexEffect, which was created by an amazing woman who lost a lot of bodyfat when she got into bodybuilding and didn’t like the look it gave her face so worked on a method to rebuild her facial contours and muscles. Take a look at her website in conjunction with the others mentioned.
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:25 am      Reply with quote
thanks SeanySean, I think I will have a look at Ageless if you dare (I have just downloaded the book) first and see how that goes - its only 5 min a day and that really appeals to me, but if I see any results, I will certainly check out FlexEffect (just checked out the website, and the results, esp the filling out of eye hollows looks good).

But if these exercises aren't stopping fat loss, what is causing the face to fill out? Shifting/repositioning of muscle?

sistersweets, I am pinching and pulling as I speak! I can't wait to start the exercises, will have to remember to take some before pics just in case somehting good does happen Very Happy
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Yep Ageless is a great introduction to facial exercises, I love Loulou's writing style and its quick and easy.

When you exercise the facial muscles, your muscles are bulking up, but the tissue surrounding the muscle also bulks up (thats one reason why massage is so important - it helps this process out big time). Usually what happens is that over time we neglect our faces for some time without engaging the muscle fibres, and so when you begin facial exercising, you start engaging them again and this in turn renews the target muscle completely. Its not replacing the fat with fat, but its strengthening what was a weak or unhealthy area (which could be due to many reasons, poor circulation, lack of nutrients etc), and this in turn nourishes the muscles and cells. Its one reason why its great to have an interest in EDS and skincare because I really do believe they go hand in hand.

Photos are majorily important, as they can show changes that you might miss when you look in the mirror!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
mowgli - There are a lot of different facial exercising programs and options out there. I use both FE (select exercises = totally love them) and Ageless. I also use a few exercises that I really like from other sources.

I think Lou Lou's position of working the cheeks hard for the lift is very valid. She was also an instructor with FE before going out on her own.
Lou Lou does not advocate things that tend to shift the face downward which I found in some of the other programs. I pulled out some FE exercises for this reason. they just didn't work for me; but maybe for others. Some have complained of lower face pouching due to some lower face exercises so you have to be careful as to what works for you. I don't think you'll get any of that with Lou Lou's program so I agree with Sean in that it is a good starting place. Time and motion efficient and effective.

Good luck and as they say at FE: Train Hard. It's so worth it...
Sis
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Losing the fat in the face is just an aging process. I don't think one can stop it. Exercise is the best thing to bring oxygen to your face and help to slow down the aging process. Funny that my grandson wants to lose the baby fat in his face. I tried to tell him he does not want this, but you cannot reason with a 13 year old.
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ruk

I think its a chain of events when it comes to losing facial fat... but I don't think it has to be an all the way downhill ride.

Although No amount of facialbuilding will cause facial fat, that’s where I think FlexEffect literally calls the shots (especially when it comes to elastic fiber and subcutaneous fat) but it doesn’t happen overnight for sure and this is what many people get frustrated by.

Here is a bit I have taken from the FE forum, by Deb that really explains the process so well.

"Only when facial muscle begins to lose its proteins (protein fills the individual fibers of the muscle giving it size) will a domino effect take place

Second to go will be elastic fiber. It is no longer needed to allow for stretching of the muscle and skin… hence the skin becomes slack.

Once the elastic fiber begins to break down due to lack of use, there will then become a loss of subcutaneous fat simply because it is stored between the fibers of the elastin, collagen and to some degree within the muscle itself.

This is why it is important for a person to begin facialbuilding early, to keep nature from taking its course

The longer you can keep the muscle strong and highly elastic (needing protein) then will it continue to need the elastic fiber (elasticity) and continue to store subcutaneous fat.

It’s a proven fact, when you rebuild muscle you do much to replace elastic fiber, collagen, and Sub. Fat.

When a persons face begins to fill out due to Facialbuilding, it is not just muscle you are looking at. That fullness is made up of everything that had been lost ie connective tissue."
mowgli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:46 am      Reply with quote
wow sean, this is really helpful, I can understand the process, and I can see why its a good idea to start early to retain facial fat and other connective tissues that would otherwise be lost..

Boy am I glad I found facial exercise early-ish (im 29), it makes sense to start before you see too much loss in facial volume
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Sure... glad it helps... but not every facial exercise program out there achieves this because it requires you to really utilise full muscle fibre contraction and make use of resistance etc... which is what frustrates many beginners because thats what takes time to develop.

So isotonic or isometric programs kind of fall a little short there because they are focusing on the look of the muscle and encouraging a temporary shortening (concentric contraction) of the muscle... rather than influencing everything. Thats why I think FE is so successful, it does not leave one stone unturned.. but its also one of the reasons it can take time to really deliver the full results it can offer because its progressive.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:01 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Hi Ruk

I think its a chain of events when it comes to losing facial fat... but I don't think it has to be an all the way downhill ride.

Although No amount of facialbuilding will cause facial fat, that’s where I think FlexEffect literally calls the shots (especially when it comes to elastic fiber and subcutaneous fat) but it doesn’t happen overnight for sure and this is what many people get frustrated by.

Here is a bit I have taken from the FE forum, by Deb that really explains the process so well.

"Only when facial muscle begins to lose its proteins (protein fills the individual fibers of the muscle giving it size) will a domino effect take place

Second to go will be elastic fiber. It is no longer needed to allow for stretching of the muscle and skin… hence the skin becomes slack.

Once the elastic fiber begins to break down due to lack of use, there will then become a loss of subcutaneous fat simply because it is stored between the fibers of the elastin, collagen and to some degree within the muscle itself.

This is why it is important for a person to begin facialbuilding early, to keep nature from taking its course

The longer you can keep the muscle strong and highly elastic (needing protein) then will it continue to need the elastic fiber (elasticity) and continue to store subcutaneous fat.

It’s a proven fact, when you rebuild muscle you do much to replace elastic fiber, collagen, and Sub. Fat.

When a persons face begins to fill out due to Facialbuilding, it is not just muscle you are looking at. That fullness is made up of everything that had been lost ie connective tissue."

Thank you, Sean. I agree with what you wrote. By the way, will Deb come out with a DVD for all exercises?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
One is planned... for this year at some point... but she is really focusing on the new book. Its been a major project for her... and when the book is done, she is going to focus on the dvd. Its going to be a great set for sure!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Is the new book an update on the old one? Or does it cover different territory?
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Will the "old flex Effect users" have to start over and buy the new program or will there be the ability to add on anything new at a reduced rate?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:56 am      Reply with quote
doHi Mowgli,
Sorry to take so long in replying ..but it's been a very very busy time for me.

Oh My...I didn't mean to imply that i would actually post the exercises to widen/fill out the lower part of the face(I'm not sure about copyright laws..or ethics)...just to direct you to websites/books/videos.

I have also purchased the flex effect program recently ...before Loulou (Ageless)came out with her video... but haven't really studied it yet.

I have dug up my old Carole Maggio video from many years ago....and re-viewed it and re-did the exercises I haven't done for ages..and they all made so much more sense and seemed so much more powerful to me now that i've been doing Ageless...so,although, i won't give up Ageless for anything... there's another dimension that Carole maggio brings..there's a very intense...imo... mental/energetic, meaning using energy or 'chi', aspect to her exercises...in addition to the physical aspect..and i appreciate that and feel it to be an effective addition to Ageless.

I had met a women around fifteen years ago when I was doing Carole's exercises that was teaching Carole's method and had had private lessons with Carole. She had had a great deal of difficulty with a very narrow lower face and jaw..and she said she had been incredibly helped by Carole re this area..i can't remember anymore whether she had shown me photos or not..but her story' was very believable and impressive.

You can go to carolemaggio.com..her beginning video is now $42 and she has an advanced one also for $15 ..which i do not have.

My Eva Fraser book is also from about 15 years ago..and although at that time i did do her exercises..I really didn't overtly need them..in that my face looked great..so can't say i noticed a difference..so i stopped..foolishly..soon after i began. But i am intending on doing her widening the lower face exercises now to see what happens..her website is evafraser.com, and the book i have now costs 7.99 pounds...although she also offers a kit which includes a video that sounds even better to me.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:04 am      Reply with quote
(Mowgli..I meant 'Hi' (i don't know how it turned out 'doHi')

Sister Sweets can you share the kind of exercises that pulled your face down from the flex effect program?

That's scary!

jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Sean,

How do you feel about the flex effect lower face exercises causing a downward movement in the face?

Is this just temporary... in your experience..or do you feel it's 'real' and something to be very cautious about?

SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:09 am      Reply with quote
Its entirely different to the current book, almost like Deb covering everything new she has learned since the last book.... so has a variety of things in it. Its still in the writing stage (and has been for some while... so you can imagine the volume of stuff in there).

Its literally a new program..... but thats not to say that you have to buy it..... its simply as people want to know more and more and so Deb was listening to peoples comments and wanted to design something to help them out. I don't know yet re pricing..... but don't imagine thats going to be available until everything has been created.... but the current program does deliver results... so your not going to lose out on anything... you can still get positive changes and increased strength from doing them.

Jasminerosey, its very hard to work out the specifics re SisterSweets comments as to whats happened. Sometimes "lower face pouching" which is a term that is probably misused a great deal is applied by many people, but basically when your doing FE, your building strength in all the facial muscles.... and sometimes they don't all switch on at the same time. Thats one of the reasons Deb says FE is a lifetime commitment and asks people in the book to give it at least a year, as by the year mark all the muscles are switched on and stronger. What can happen in many cases is someone trains for 3 months, and the stronger muscles start responding but the weaker ones don't seem to respond up to that point and so they stop. Usually the cheeks lift, and the muscles underneath them don't catch on at the same speed. Deb says FE isn't a magic bullet and thats where skincare, diet etc comes in to help as well as general health. I have trained many, many people who have never experienced the downward shift, and when some have experienced similar issues to those mentioned above, its always been the weaker muscles not yet catching on... and so many people have trained on and the area has caught on and filled out, but you know variety is the spice of life. If people want to try different programs... I am all for it.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Sean, your explanation is good enough for me..(it is helpful, always, to have someone on a forum who is an expert in their field).

....i think i'll continue with Ageless, incorporate flex effect, and add the cm and ef exercises..and philosophy that appeal to me...on an individual bases.

ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi There... Sean you always do such a wonderful job explaining... I have nothing to add!

Regarding the new book, DVD's etc... We are working like raving maniacs to get things done... Lots of new info that is VERY exciting.

We have not worked out our pkgs and pkg pricing yet.

Just keep sending the good vibes that we're done soon! We have so much to say this time around!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Sure... glad it helps... but not every facial exercise program out there achieves this because it requires you to really utilise full muscle fibre contraction and make use of resistance etc... which is what frustrates many beginners because thats what takes time to develop.

So isotonic or isometric programs kind of fall a little short there because they are focusing on the look of the muscle and encouraging a temporary shortening (concentric contraction) of the muscle... rather than influencing everything. Thats why I think FE is so successful, it does not leave one stone unturned.. but its also one of the reasons it can take time to really deliver the full results it can offer because its progressive.

Hi Sean, Do you think Ageless is one of those that "FALLS SHORT"? Just curious - hope you will share your opinion here.

Thanks.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |