Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Is SkinMedica Eye worth $$$ ???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
HELP!!
I am debating spending so much money on eye products....I am eyeing (no pun intended!) the SkinMedica TSN and Night Eye after reading the reviews.
I have lots of fine lines (and maybe not so fine lines!!) under my eyes (not crows) and know it is worth spending the money if it works...but if it doesn't work!!! I am an at-home Mom so.....
If anybody has any comments...either to convince me it's worth the $$$ or to suggest a cheaper solution that WORKS...I'd GREATLY appreciate it!
I also thinking about the SkinMedica retinol so would I need both for the eye area???
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:44 am      Reply with quote
Oh, and I am not a DIY person Sad
TIA Smile
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the TNS Illuminating Eye Cream and didn't think it was worth all the hoopla. Wouldn't buy it again and didn't see any big improvement with moisturizing the undereye area or reducing puffiness. Any eye cream would be just as good and cheaper.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
I've used the TNS Illuminating Eye Cream and didn't think it was worth all the hoopla. Wouldn't buy it again and didn't see any big improvement with moisturizing the undereye area or reducing puffiness. Any eye cream would be just as good and cheaper.

Oh, I can't tell you how much I appreciate the feedback!! I fell like I have spent a fortune on eye creams over the years and I usually end up tossing them before they are done! Thank you.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think Leaf & Rusher makes a great eye cream....it's a lightweight serum consistency and does a good job of moisturizing and reducing lines. It can't beat the old 1-2 punch of Retin-A/Vit C along with the LED lights, but it's pretty good for a one product approach.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
I've tried a sample of SkinMedica TSN. It's very very dry for my eyes. But I now want to try Skinmedica Night Eye. Smile
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
The Leaf & Rusher is very expensive too. I guess I was hoping someone would have found a less expensive but effective eye cream Shock
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I was going to try their products then noticed most were loaded with cones. I have tried their retinol cream and thought it was nice, but prefer Avene Eluage cream and it is cheaper.
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I have used TNS on face and eyes- no dramatic differance

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Jan Marini Age Intervention Eye Cream. It is very moisturizing and does seem to get rid of those pesky dehydrating lines that form around the eye area. It's also moderately priced. I'm using it now and like it so much that I will probably repurchase.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried skin medica's eye cream and I feel that Revive eye renewal cream is superior.I am 55 and it has significantly tightened up my lower eyes, it has given me a big correction in my wrinkles under the eye.I only buy sample packs on ebay and use a pin to prick it and scotch tape over it, you only need a little.I have almost no wrinkles under my eyes and people do comment on it too, its a noticeable difference.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I have tried skin medica's eye cream and I feel that Revive eye renewal cream is superior.I am 55 and it has significantly tightened up my lower eyes, it has given me a big correction in my wrinkles under the eye.I only buy sample packs on ebay and use a pin to prick it and scotch tape over it, you only need a little.I have almost no wrinkles under my eyes and people do comment on it too, its a noticeable difference.

Was it the new night eye that you tried? Thanks
Angy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using cosmedicine. It's really affordable, and at least for me it works better than other more expensive eye cream.
pristang
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried the TNS Illuminating Eye Cream but not much big difference. Comparing the price and outcome, I don't think it worth that much
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I have tried the TNS face and eye several times and they were just okay. I finally gave up after my derm kept saying you have to try it for several months in order to see it work and did not reorder. I gave it more than a fair shake.
My fave eye cream so far has been Bobbi Brown's eye cream, excellent for day and night, hydrates but isn't too greasy. I am on my third jar and it is reasonably priced.
I went through Sephora and got huge samples of all their most hyped and pricey eye creams to try and this cream won out.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:07 am      Reply with quote
I tried TNS Illuminating Eye Cream, too. I think it is quite dry and not suitable for you if seeking to remove fine lines.......
But the NIGHT REPAIR FOR EYE, I think it is good in moisturizing. For fine lines, I think need more time to see the effect.
Also, my friend told me it was better to use the eye serum. It was good for moisturizing even used individually. Of course you can use it with the TNS Illuminating Eye Cream.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
marina it was the revive eye renewal cream.I t sells for 110 I think but you can buy amples on ebay.I saw a change in 2 weeks
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is an old thread so I don't know if Tiffany found something. Anyway, I'm recommending YNS A-Serum because it works, at least for me. During cold, dry Chicago winters I will sometimes put any old moisturizer or eye cream over it after it dries, or pat on plain squalane to increase hydration. However, my undereye area has not changed - except for the initial improvements it made - in the 5 or 6 years since I've been using it and I'm over 50. Anything that can maintain at my age has to be working. Smile

It costs $59.95 for 1.3 oz which lasts a few months if you only use it around your eyes. It's made for the entire face but I found it didn't work as well everywhere else because I have resistant skin. You can take a look at it on-line at ynsproducts.com. And no, I don't work for them - the medspa is in Florida.
tiffanyw16
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
This is an old thread so I don't know if Tiffany found something. Anyway, I'm recommending YNS A-Serum because it works, at least for me. During cold, dry Chicago winters I will sometimes put any old moisturizer or eye cream over it after it dries, or pat on plain squalane to increase hydration. However, my undereye area has not changed - except for the initial improvements it made - in the 5 or 6 years since I've been using it and I'm over 50. Anything that can maintain at my age has to be working. Smile

It costs $59.95 for 1.3 oz which lasts a few months if you only use it around your eyes. It's made for the entire face but I found it didn't work as well everywhere else because I have resistant skin. You can take a look at it on-line at ynsproducts.com. And no, I don't work for them - the medspa is in Florida.

No, I haven't quite found my HG yet!! I'm using a DDF eye cream right now which is OK. I would only repurchase it if it was on sale again...not worth the full price to me. Thanks for your suggestion.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
The YNS helped with my lines, so if you try it let me know if it helps with yours. There's a bit of a learning curve on how to use it because it's not just an "eye cream" but nothing too difficult.
carmina
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I have tried Skinmedia retinol complex, I can't tell the difference right now, but it seems to be mild cream.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love skinmedica retinol complex.I found retin a and renova a little too harsh for me.,this is perfect.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |