Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shallow acne scars
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone have experience with these scars? Looking for a low cost way to rid myself of a few of them on my forhead. Tried microderm before, wasn't effective. Has anyone done chemical peels that helped? Lasers? (Fraxel seems effective but it can cost thousands.) Let me know how you got rid of them! Thanks
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Dermarolling works wonders on acne scars.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Did your scars improve a lot? Were they shallow or icepick? Also, what length of dermaroller did you use and what was your rolling procudure? Thanks!
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think Karin Herzog Vit-A-Kombi 3 would work at these problems.It can speed up the circulation of skin.I like to use this on acne scars. Smile
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Basically, you need to stimulate collagen synthesis to try and "fill up" the depressed scar. Different measures work for different people. I'm afraid skin care is trial and error. Microdermabrasion may even make depressed scars deeper by excavating the pit deeper. Topicals that would help to build collagen are tretinoin (e.g. retin A) by doctor's prescription, AHA (alpha hydroxy acids) by regular application rather than chemical peel, copper peptides (advised to spot treat with this active and read up on it fully before trying). Dermarolling may also help but again, you have to read up fully on it, not a measure to embark on lightly without getting full information first.

Lasers have had mixed reviews. Some people have reported post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation after lasers which makes the scar even more obvious, so it might be prudent to be careful about embarking on lasers if your scar is not very bad and your skin is fair and prone to pigmentation.
DJMEow
5% products discount

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 am      Reply with quote
hi, im 20 and in same position as you with afew minor scarring (redness and shallow pits)i've been using AHA & BHA peels for quite some time now (3 months)not only is my skin more smoother much much much fewer breakouts but noticed scars healing, fillin not 100% yet but better than before. Ive read alot of posts in the past and like you i dont wanna be spendin alot of money im a student for gods sake you could try home remedies to remove scarring and it does work but slower than chemical peels e.g. lemon juice, apple cider vinegar on ur scarring. But i tell you wot else might help you alot i dont know whether ur male or female, ud prob prefer this more if u were a female but a new breakthrough i say new due to more research and reviews on it has proved not only to plump ur skin and make u look younger but also helps heal you scarring, its called Hyaluronic acid you can take it orally or topicly
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I thought retin a thins the skin ; not build it up. If anyone starts to break out I would take it very seriously and go to a dermatologist and get accutane; that should stop your acne PERMANENTLY after 6 months of treatment.It permanently stops the oil gland from breaking out after 6 months.Scars are very difficult,if not impossible to treat.My dr did admit that scars on the face are difficult to treat, oftentimes impossible to fix.Lasers sometimes give the illusion of fillinf in but thats only swelling and will go back to the normal pitting later.
crzyakta
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:22 am      Reply with quote
I dont think that often times its impossible, read around...there are many viable options with good to great results as long as you know what you're doing and do it properly
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
There are ways to fix scars like Fraxel the only problem is that it is easy to fork out 5 grand on all the treatments, and im on a budget so if i can get some results at least, even if its not as great, for a tenth of that, then I would rather go that route for now.
tigerlily1997
5% products discount

Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
I am sort of in the same boat with some shallow scarring.
But mine are less from the minor acne I had than my overzealous scrubbing of my very oily skin when I was young.
I am currently on a regime of retinal, AHA's, and copper peptides. Mine were never discolored but they do seem like they have shrunk.
I am also dealing with several sunspots directly underneath the eye area on both sides (a matching pair for those rosy sun kissed cheeks).
These are not gone but definitely on the fade.
After a while I do plan to add retin A and a derma roller in the mix.
But I consider it more a long term endeavor.
Everything I read stresses patience.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Copper peptides seem like they offer a lot of potential to retexturize skin. How do you find them? I am a bit scared of them though. There are sometimes excellent results, but some people have actually gotten more texture problems because of them.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
WinnieHo wrote:
I think Karin Herzog Vit-A-Kombi 3 would work at these problems.It can speed up the circulation of skin.I like to use this on acne scars. Smile

If I was using VK1 before, can I go up to VK3 and skip out on VK2? Will VK2 also help with acne scars?
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Skin Biology's Super CP serum, Ill let you all know how it goes. Also, microdermabrasion is complete waste of time and money for acne scars. I had some improvement with Erbium laser resurfacing. Would like to know more about the dermaroller...
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:29 am      Reply with quote
fraxel helps, but not 100%, only 70 - 80% and it costs a lot to have to go for a few treatments before you see the results. One fraxel treatment only will not do much to your scars.
moongoddess
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I thought retin a thins the skin ; not build it up. If anyone starts to break out I would take it very seriously and go to a dermatologist and get accutane; that should stop your acne PERMANENTLY after 6 months of treatment.It permanently stops the oil gland from breaking out after 6 months.Scars are very difficult,if not impossible to treat.My dr did admit that scars on the face are difficult to treat, oftentimes impossible to fix.Lasers sometimes give the illusion of fillinf in but thats only swelling and will go back to the normal pitting later.

BEWARE -- i would recommend never using accutane - i'm dermarolling now to get rid of acne scars caused by accutane 15 years ago - that stuff is EVIL - it CAUSED cystic acne when it was given to me for minor acne...oh, and i continuted to break out regularly - w a monthly Cyst that would take 2 months to heal...absolutely did not clear me up permanently - just gave me permanent scars. the only thing that cleared up my skin: IS Clinical for acneic skin - realy good stuff!
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:16 am      Reply with quote
jandarling wrote:
fraxel helps, but not 100%, only 70 - 80% and it costs a lot to have to go for a few treatments before you see the results. One fraxel treatment only will not do much to your scars.

I agree, I would love to slap the doctor who recommended 5 microderm treatments. Yes it made my face smooth and glowing, but did nothing for the scars. It's better to save up for the real stuff that makes a difference in my opinion, than spend a few hundred and a few hundred there on stuff that doesn't work.
hbgirl

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
Amonavis,
I went to get restylane shots for the depressed pits on my cheeks. This didn't fill them up 100% but it looks a lot better. My doctor gave me 15% glycolic pads and also CP Serum (copper peptide). I read great results for people and they did mention it will take some time. The CP serum helps create new collagen and so I put this all over my cheeks and use a qtip to push the serum into the pits. Good luck.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:43 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps you should try Rose Hip Oil, local massage scar Department at the morning and evening

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've had some excisions done by a PS it was not expensive at all (compared to most procedures). However it depends on how many you have too an I'm sure prices vary greatly. But something to look into maybe.
butterflyrainbow
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I second not using accutane. I used it over 10 years ago and it didn't help. I have had cystic acne after.

The regimen a different derm put me on maybe 6 years ago is what I still do and it worked for me and helps tone down the scarring. Differin at night. 2% Salycilic acid by day.

Differin is similar to retin a. works against acne, and also helps with aging and scarring.

Salycilic acid is a BHA. good for acne and resurfacing. I experiment with different salycilic products and so far like DDF 10% glycolic the best. It really improves my skin in all ways.

The most important thing is to give your chosen method time. Its a slow process.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |