Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Keys Soap Luminos Moisturizer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.keys-soap.com/xcart41/product.php?productid=52&cat=0&page=1

Anyone tried it? The description on the site makes it sound so good. If anyone can give some feedback on it, it would be nice. Smile
havana8

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Stardusty, you're in BC, right? You can get most of the Keys stuff at Hornet Mountain Natural Products.
http://www.cancart.net/hornetmountain.com/cart.php?target=category&category_id=250
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting -- it doesn't look all that different from their solar block, which I use and really like... The ingredients are almost the same, except there might be a little more avocado oil in the Luminos. The main difference seems to be aloe vera, though this is what the website says about Solar block:

"It combines the healing soothing properties of our Luminos moisturizer and adds a 18.5% concentration of uncoated nano-zinc oxide to provide a physical UVA and UVB blocking."

If you've tried the Solar block, you might have a decent idea of how it works then... I can't say I noticed myself glowing like a movie star, but I only used it last summer and wasn't paying attention for glow -- I can do that all by myself in the summer. Laughing

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks havana8 for posting the link. Yes I live in Vancouver BC so the hornetmountain is quite far from where I'm.

KBLang, how r u liking the sunblock? I wanna try it too but am afraid of the nano Zinc Oxide... Sad
havana8

Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks havana8 for posting the link. Yes I live in Vancouver BC so the hornetmountain is quite far from where I'm.

KBLang, how r u liking the sunblock? I wanna try it too but am afraid of the nano Zinc Oxide... Sad

Ah, but the good thing with them is that they are quick to ship and all pricing is in CAD.
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy,

I'm assuming you mean you're concerned about the size of the zinc and its safety? I'm in the mineral sunscreen camp of the chemical vs. physical ss debate, so my opinion comes from that end of things. My reading of literature on the nano-zinc indicated that it couldn't get through the skin barrier, and also that is was safer than titanium dioxide. EWG rates Keys very highly, and since they're pretty paranoid about most things, that makes me feel a little better. National Geographic Green Guide also prefers physical sunscreens, though they recommend not applying nano creams to broken skin... (http://www.thegreenguide.com/greenguide/buying-guide/sunscreen)

You might find Pure Body Solutions Q & A helpful: http://www.purebodysolutions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=PC/CTGY/SS Just scroll down to the bottom of the page.

So I stick to zinc both in Devita (non-nano) and Keys, which I found to be a little more "substantial" for summertime use. It didn't cause any breakouts for me (and I have combo skin), and there's no white cast. It takes a little while for it to sink in fully, but I've been quite happy with it. Has a light peppery smell to it that fades after application. HTH!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 am      Reply with quote
havana8, I just find a store that sells Keys ss in Vancouver! I phoned them but they're out of stock Sad Anyways, I wish they have a tester there so I can try the texture first before buying.

KBLang, so the Keys is good for summer and Devita good for winter as it's more moisturzing (oily)? hhmm..... so nano is not good for broken skin? How broken do u mean? haha Embarassed I occasionally have pimples and sometimes I might pop them and it might leave a bit of a tiny open scar if u get what I mean... I guess since I'm so~ chicken, perhaps the Devita using micronized Zinc is better for me? Embarassed
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:

KBLang, so the Keys is good for summer and Devita good for winter as it's more moisturzing (oily)? hhmm..... so nano is not good for broken skin? How broken do u mean? haha Embarassed I occasionally have pimples and sometimes I might pop them and it might leave a bit of a tiny open scar if u get what I mean... I guess since I'm so~ chicken, perhaps the Devita using micronized Zinc is better for me? Embarassed

Stardustdy, the funny thing is that the Keys might actually be more moisturizing now that I think about it... Laughing It's just that it feels more "substantial" on and has a slightly higher percentage of zinc. The Devita is so smooth it doesn't even feel like a sunscreen, and so in the summer I wanted something a little thicker with more protection for my sweaty days. That said, I prefer the Devita simply because it is so cosmetically nice, and micronized zinc is even more clearly safe than nano-sized, so maybe that is the one you should try? I know Nimue and others really like the Devita too. Keys is nice and moisturizing, so I don't think you can go wrong with either -- just depends on what you're looking for!

havana8

Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
havana8, I just find a store that sells Keys ss in Vancouver! I phoned them but they're out of stock Sad Anyways, I wish they have a tester there so I can try the texture first before buying.

Stardusty, do you mind me asking the name of the store? TIA!
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
havana8, here's the link. It's 1111 W. Broadway... Call them first b4 u go to make sure they have it in stock. Pls do let me know if they have it back in stock so I can go and check it out too! Very Happy

http://www.finlandiapharmacy.com/
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |