Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)
Adapalene/Differin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
SalvadorMontenegro

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, all.

Quick question: Does Differin work to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and reproduce collagen the way trentinoin/retin-a does?

I've started using the .3% version to combat my dull, dehydrated skin. The dermatologist suggested it, but I'm asking here anyway. You never know!
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
My daughter just bought Differin, but she said it was for acne. I was unaware it was for dehydrated skin.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Yes any retinoic acid will help, it is in the same category as Retin A, Tazorac and all the other brands. They will all boost collagen but give it a good 6 months to a year for the best results.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
By the way it can make your skin a bit dry at first too until you skin acclimatizes to the medication... so I would start slow and maybe use a moisturizer on top 20 minutes or more after u apply it.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:09 am      Reply with quote
SalvadorMontenegro wrote:
Hi, all.

Quick question: Does Differin work to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and reproduce collagen the way trentinoin/retin-a does?

I've started using the .3% version to combat my dull, dehydrated skin. The dermatologist suggested it, but I'm asking here anyway. You never know!

Differin is likely to have similar effects as tretinoin but is probably not as powerful as tretinoin because it activates a narrower range of receptors in the skin compared to tretinoin. On the other hand, it has less side effects and skin is not so sensitive to the sun compared to using tretinoin.

I'm not sure if it can combat dull dehydrated skin, though. The retinoids tend to make skin more flakey, especially in the initial period. Your skin may get worse before it gets any better.

Perhaps you should combine differin at night with a vitamin C serum such as Skinceuticals CE Ferrulic in the day. The Vit. C might be a better bet to give your skin some glow. And also helps to protect it from sunlight.

I agree that you may need 6 months for best results, maybe even up to a year. Don't expect instant results.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:52 am      Reply with quote
So Differin is like Retin-A but less sun sensitive?
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:

Differin similar to retin-a but is a synthetic A and gentler. It still makes you sensitive to the sun and you need to use SPF daily.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
ruk1 wrote:

Differin similar to retin-a but is a synthetic A and gentler. It still makes you sensitive to the sun and you need to use SPF daily.

Thanks, GirlieGirl. I'd better tell my daughter and make sure she uses sunscreen with high SPF daily. I thought it was for acne, but if it's like Retin-A, would it also work on age spots?
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
There is some evidence from clinical trials that differin can work on age spots.

Link to one article:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12833014?dopt=Abstract

However, it is still not as powerful as retin A so the effects would be slower to see results but also less side effects (skin irritation, peeling, pimple break outs). Although synthetic retinoids do not induce sun sensitivity to the same extent as tretinoin (retin A) but you do still have to use high SPF sunblock because all retinoids increase skin cell turnover and the superficial layers of the skin become thinner so you need to ensure that your skin is protected from the sun. Although the superficial layers of the skin are made thinner, there is evidence that the retinoids help to build collagen in the deeper layers of the skin.
alexol
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 am      Reply with quote
Tazorac and Differin are third generation of Retinoic acid, or actually, just similar to the later.
They can do the same job on acnes but no proved evidence on their treatment for anti-aging or reverse the photo-aging.
Anyway, I believe the Diacneal under AVENE can give you more surprise.
ramses
5% products discount

Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
My dermatologist suggested it, she told me that it's mildest of the prescription retinoids and great start for retinoids. It treats photo-aging, the effect is also mild though.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
How exactly is it applied? Right after cleansing and before sunscreen?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:42 am      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
How exactly is it applied? Right after cleansing and before sunscreen?

Most retinoids are used at night with a good quality SPF used during the day.
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, applied at night. If you wait 30 mins after cleansing, you will get less irritation effect. It is best not to apply other products like moisturizer at the same time. If you feel that your skin is dry and needs moisturizer, wait one hour then apply moisturizer.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both. I will pass on this information on how to apply to my daughter. I think she is using it both in the morning and evening.
crzyakta
5% products discount

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
maybe look into retinol products?
amber_flower
5% products discount

Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi there, I've been using Retin-A at .05 for wrinkles, along with a Vit C serum and have seen good results (I've been using it for about 8 months now).
I bought it online from http://www.tilliginm.net/r/tretinoin+differin to save my money... It was my friend, actually, who suggested I try retin-a. She said just go to this website to find the reliable source. She gave me a 10% discount code "NEWSKIN"

I found that they sell Differin too. Has anyone tried the Differin for wrinkles and if so what was your experience? Did you like it better/worse than Retin A.

Thanks.......I'm a bit nervous about switching
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |