Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
I HATE SORE THROAT - What should I take?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm getting a sore throat, and have been taking some Vit C, Apple Cider Vinegar, Echinacea, Green Tea. What can I do to get rid of this thing? I hate gargling with salt water, and it doesn't seem to do much for me. Wonder what else works to cure a sore throat quickly.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I hate them too!! I drink lemon water whenever I get sore throats and it really helps. I don't know if cough drops are bad or not but I take them too. Get better soon! I take cephacols and halls for cough drops.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
zinc lozenges are good at the first signs of a sore throat.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:56 am      Reply with quote
Gargle with salt water. It tastes disgusting, but helps with the rawness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:57 am      Reply with quote
ouch. hugs.. you must be feeling down. try drinking lots of water and getting some lozenges from the doctor. they work better than over the counter ones.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I second Emma2006. Take Zinc lozenges and drink plenty of water helps.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:13 pm      Reply with quote
I would suggest trying Chloraseptic. It numbs your throat.

Get better!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
warm salt water, zinc lozenges, chloraseptic, vitamin C or fresh orange juice is better

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I just caught the mother of all fevers from a guy at work, he was knocked out with a fever for three days, and a couple of other unlucky people were sick too. Anyhow, I took around 4,000-4,500mg of "organic" vitamin C - basically vitamin C plus citrus bioflavonoid from oranges extracted through gentle dehydration, plus some echinacea and garlic supplements - but it was mainly the vitamin C that helped me survive the *worst* night of my life, and managed to suppress a fever and sore throat throughout the entire ordeal.

I would caution against using supermarket VC tablets which are labeled as pure "ascorbic acid" because I had really bad side effects from taking even 1,000mg doses over 2-3 days. This is the synthetically derived form of VC.

I would not recommend taking such a high dose on a regular basis, but taking this much during the first few days of a sore throat will definitely help.
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I usually procrastinate when it comes to gargling disgusting things- I put it off so long but the pain of the sore throat was too much so I made myself gargle with the most potent concenration of cayenne, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt water I could handle and the horrible sore throat was gone the next day. I've never had a cure this quickly before so I've got to say it really worked. I've in the past just allowed the sore throat to take it's normal course but I had an important meeting the next day so I did what I could. If you're wondering about the cayenne, it's for the pain and rawness.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
angelina, would you pm me you recipe. I've heard of this before and it's almost miraculous.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
There was no recipe since I was so desperate and tired that I carelessly mixed all of this together. I googled sore throat cures; coincidentally the ingredients mentioned were ones i had in my kitchen. I would say I used half a teaspoon of cayenne and salt, 1/4 shot glass of lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and mixed it with 125mL of warm water. It was hard to gargle with because it tasted bad- I tried to keep the mixture in my throat for as many seconds as I could. I did it a few times that evening- I visualized getting the mixture to saturate whatever germs that was in back of my throat. Smile
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
I always make myself ginger tea with honey. You can use any tea but I prefer black or green. Slice in some fresh ginger and add a tsp of honey and let steep together for a couple of miuntes before drinking. If you can't get fresh ginger than sprinkle in some dried ginger powder. Very soothing. Sometimes I'll even add a few drops of cognac and brandy too. The mild stinging sensation actually helps me feel a bit better afterwards. Hope you feel well soon. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a link that discusses cayenne:http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/sore_throat.html

I agree that it is the most effective cure. I've tried salt before and it never worked well but I stuck it in my mixture anyway since I was already making a concoction.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Years ago I had a recipe for colds that was very similar it also had oregano and honey in it. It worked like a charm. Tasted vile though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the zinc losenges. I also drink green tea. It helps clear my cold.
scrabble-and-tea
5% products discount

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I usually just drink copious amounts of hot water with lemon and honey. Sore throats are horrible, especially if you need your voice in top condition. Hope you're okay!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the other posters about zinc. I use Zicam tablets & it works!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all. My throat feels much better today, and I've been taking 4 drops of Wild Mediterranean Oregano Oil (another disgusting taste remedy), but my 6-yr-old boy is sick with a fever today. Sad Seems like something is going around again.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
angelina wrote:
I usually procrastinate when it comes to gargling disgusting things- I put it off so long but the pain of the sore throat was too much so I made myself gargle with the most potent concenration of cayenne, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and salt water I could handle and the horrible sore throat was gone the next day. I've never had a cure this quickly before so I've got to say it really worked. I've in the past just allowed the sore throat to take it's normal course but I had an important meeting the next day so I did what I could. If you're wondering about the cayenne, it's for the pain and rawness.

Angelina, if I don't have cayenne pepper (which I don't), do you know if I can sub it with black pepper, or red pepper? I know red pepper will burn like heck, and it's much stronger than cayenne pepper, so I wasn't sure if I would be killing myself or not. (I have the Thai red chili peppers roasted and ground to powder.)
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:39 am      Reply with quote
Definitely alcohol for sore throats. Have you heard of a hot toddy?

A shot of scotch + honey + lemon juice, watered down as much or as little as you like. No fixed recipe for this, basically to taste.

Heat in microwave to desired temperature (but I do not recommend taking it to boiling point).

Goes very well with drugs prescribed by doctor. I always sleep like a baby after this.
karenbrown
5% products discount

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
try gargling with soluble asprin. Failing that hot water brandy and sugar. later might not work but it helps you sleep! Get well its going around the uk too!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Karen, for your well wishing. My sore throat is getting better, so I know it's the virus, not bacteria that caused it. I'm still ODing myself with lime or lemon juice, Vit C powder, green tea, honey, oil of oregano (nasty stuff), and echinacea. If my body is not clear from these microbes by now, I don't know what will do it. I can't try the brandy solution because I don't have any. I would hate to buy a bottle, and won't be able to finish. It tastes really bad to me, so I know I wouldn't touch it after I gargle with it.
Bolla
5% products discount

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with everyone who has said to take Zinc with vitamin C. It works!
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Manuka Honey is good for immune system and prevent from cold or sore throat.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |