Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My eyes are getting smaller!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Now this is very strange...at first I thought I was imagining things until my friend noticed it. For a few weeks, I have noticed that my eyes are getting sort of piggy-looking. (This coincides with doing LouLou's facial exercises and a couple of others for the eyes, namely those in Yoga Face, which also involve the orbicularis oculi.)

At first it was just a "Geez, Louise, my eyes look small today." Then, I noticed that it was a struggle to pull my lids far enough apart to install my contacts. Then, BFF said something along the lines of, "I think those exercises may be making your eyes smaller."

Hmm...interesting. Has anyone else noticed this? Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes! I thought these exercises were supposed to do the opposite - make our eyes look larger and more open. Curious what others have to say about this!
Antonia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Charis, I should have noted that it is not the upper eye area that appears affected, but the lower (underlid) area. It seems to have moved upwards, making the eye appear smaller. Getting my lenses in is definitely a chore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Sean or Loulou or someone probably has a great explantation, but maybe it's part of the getting worse before it gets better phase. I sure don't know. Have you been doing a lot of extra eye exercises? The fact that getting your contact in is difficult pretty much confirms that it is really happening. I'll be watching to see what the "experts" have to say!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have not been doing a huge amount, just the LouLous two or three times a week and this underlid lifting exercise twice a week (it's a twitch that you repeat 20x so I can't imagine it doing much.) On the plus side, I would say my cheekbone area looks higher. I don't know if it is pushing the lower eye area upwards? I don't want to cause wrinkling by dragging my eyelids so far apart to insert contacts. (And, a big resounding "no" to anyone who dares suggest I wear glasses Laughing Laughing Laughing )

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, I am thinking you might want to put this question on the facial exercise or Ageless thread because some of the people that might have the answer might not click on this thread.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'll do that, thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Antonia, I just left a reply in the Ageless thread, but do you think some lymphatic drainage might help decongest you?
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/lymphatic-drainage-massage/3955692782
I hope you get better!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds to me that by perhaps overbuilding your upper cheeks and undereye, it has pushed everything upwards.

I think LouLou's exercises work faster than most other programs, so instead of very gradual changes that aren't as noticable, it's more apparent quicker..

Another thought, while I'm on a roll. Did you change lenses or cleaning fluids lately, that could be causing an allergic reaction, resulting in swelling?

ETA: Why don't you crop a couple of eye pictures from before and now and post them.. Maybe one of us would be able to pick up on something.

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Ouch, sorry to hear about your dilemma. Have you emailed LouLou?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:44 am      Reply with quote
i'm wondering, also, if something else that you did ...that was unusual for you ...might have caused some inflamation in the area...at the same time you were doing the Ageless exercises.

when I don't eat well for example..for some reason ..my eyes look sooo much smaller...and then.as i regain my normal eating patterns.. they regain their much larger size.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
buzzy

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:40 am      Reply with quote
Jasminerosey
Have your thyroid checked!
This is a symptom of hyothyroidism.
May be something else of course but I can't think what.
It happened to me ... and when I couldn't get any bigger false eyelashes, or possibly wear any more eyeliner, I finally thought @#$%! my eyes are getting smaller. I'm not imagining it.
PS. I ended up in hospital!
anila
5% products discount

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:10 am      Reply with quote
wooow...i am experiencing the same...that my eye are shrinking...why is it so? i being on these excercises of lulu from the last 2 months or so may b...and i noticed this the same especially shrinking of eyes..why is it so?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |