Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Colon Cleanse for great skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've started a colon cleanse program. In addition to other health benefits, I believe I read it could be good for your skin. Has anyone else done the colon cleanse program? If so, have you noticed any change (positive or negative) in your skin?
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh yes! I use Oxy-Cleanse which is just a capsule, not an entire system, and I think it does make a difference in both my skin and the way that I feel. It makes me more aware of what I am putting into my body also. Not to be too graphic, but I was amazed at what had been in my body! Which system are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am trying Colon Cleanse Pro. They advertised it as also being able to help you get rid of 5 lbs of waste in your colon. I have yet to see this happening to me. It's keeping me regular though. In addition to the Colon Cleanse Pro, I also take Vit E, Fish Oil, Vit C, and multi vitamin.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:57 am      Reply with quote
over the years i've done quite a few colon cleanse programs..and although i believe they are not right for everyone... and can even cause some harm... when not right for an individual..nontheless.i do find them extremely beneficial for my skin....

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:55 am      Reply with quote
I use Oxy-Cleanse and have for years. I did a cleanse once but mainly use it to keep myself regular. I started taking it on my own and then told my doctor what I was doing. He approved it's use for me to keep me regular. It's much more safe and more natural than taking laxatives. I take medication that causes alot of constipation. Oxy-Cleanse only consists of high doses of Magnesium and it works great for me.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oxy-Cleanse: Magnesium Peroxide, VItamin C, BioFlavonoid Complex. www.earthsbounty.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to try Oxy Cleanse after I finish my bottle of Colon Cleanse Pro. Does Oxy Cleanse give you more energy, too?
SeanySeanUK
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:01 am      Reply with quote
Colonics are supposed to be good for the skin. The skin is an organ of elminiation after all, and so if your ridding the body of toxins by any method of detox etc, it takes the burden of the skin having to do that job and so it can definitely improve your health. Drink as much water as you can, to help the supplement do its thing and pass out toxins... but good luck and report back in and let us know your results!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the Oxy-Powder?
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
I use Oxy-Cleanse and have for years. I did a cleanse once but mainly use it to keep myself regular. I started taking it on my own and then told my doctor what I was doing. He approved it's use for me to keep me regular. It's much more safe and more natural than taking laxatives. I take medication that causes alot of constipation. Oxy-Cleanse only consists of high doses of Magnesium and it works great for me.

The actual name of the product I use is Mag O2 Oxyengating Colon Cleanser. I get mine at Vitacost.com or The Vitamin Shoppe.
Lisie
5% products discount

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
I completed a 12 day Master Cleanse (aka the Lemonade Diet) about a little over a year ago, if that counts as a colon cleanse. My skin looked awesome afterwards. I lost 10 lbs. The effects lated a couple of months.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 am      Reply with quote
Lisie wrote:
I completed a 12 day Master Cleanse (aka the Lemonade Diet) about a little over a year ago, if that counts as a colon cleanse. My skin looked awesome afterwards. I lost 10 lbs. The effects lated a couple of months.

Did you mean you only drank lemonade for 12 days and no food?
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:17 am      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
keli13 wrote:

The actual name of the product I use is Mag O2 Oxyengating Colon Cleanser. I get mine at Vitacost.com or The Vitamin Shoppe.

I love vitacost. They always have good prices. I will have to check this out. Thanks for the recommendation.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:18 am      Reply with quote
SeanySeanUK wrote:
Colonics are supposed to be good for the skin. The skin is an organ of elminiation after all, and so if your ridding the body of toxins by any method of detox etc, it takes the burden of the skin having to do that job and so it can definitely improve your health. Drink as much water as you can, to help the supplement do its thing and pass out toxins... but good luck and report back in and let us know your results!

That helps to explain why good skin was one of the benefits mentioned. Thank you. I have to drink more water. Guilty!
Lisie
5% products discount

Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Ruk1, yes I only had the special lemonade for 12 days (actually I prefered it with limes, so I had limeade)... it is a combination of lime juice, grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. I aquired quite a taste for actually, and i still occasionally just make myself it for a little am cleanse/balancing instead of breakfast.
You do a salt water flush every morning, which cleans your colon. I wasn't really that hungry and when I was I would just have the lime drink.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Lisie wrote:
Ruk1, yes I only had the special lemonade for 12 days (actually I prefered it with limes, so I had limeade)... it is a combination of lime juice, grade B maple syrup, cayenne pepper, and water. I aquired quite a taste for actually, and i still occasionally just make myself it for a little am cleanse/balancing instead of breakfast.
You do a salt water flush every morning, which cleans your colon. I wasn't really that hungry and when I was I would just have the lime drink.

Oh that sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I love cayenne pepper. I read it is good for preventing rhumetoid arthritis.

What exactly is grade b maple syrup? Do you get this at a regular grocery store or does it have to be a specialty health food store?
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:59 am      Reply with quote
there's an 'art' to cleansing with liquid fasting without making yourself..at least..temporarily ill.

I've done many liquid cleanses..up to three weeks at a time... in the past... but with green drinks..ie. barley grass powder or spirulina,etc....and fresh wheat grass juice and other fresh green juices like kale, celery, dandelion, etc.

When you stop eating solids for 3 days or more..especially, a week or more..you need to be careful about gradually stopping eating solids before your cleanse... and gradually beginning to eat solids again once your fast/cleanse is complete.

Also you need to be careful about gradually eating more and more pure, simple foods... as well as less food... before a cleanse..and gradually reincorporating your normal foods once your cleanse has ended..

when you cleanse your body..stored toxins will be eliminated from your cells..which need to be eliminated through the 'normal' channels...including your skin/tongue....your liver/kidneys will be working overtime...so you don't want to bombard them with going from very rich, heavy, floury or greasy food.. and shock your body by suddenly begin to cleanse with only liquids...

also..it takes about a week or so to gradually start eating 'normally' again after a fast for the same..plus additional..reasons.

you can usually expect to have some sort of toxin discharge during a fast/cleanse..ie breakouts/rashes/bloating...as your body is getting rid of stored toxins.....you will probably also feel nauseua, tired, irritable as your liver cleanses toxins from your body..at first...this may go away as you continue the fast depending on whether or not its right for your particular body and its condition to be cleansing/fasting at this particular time..how healthy you are in general..what herbs you may be taking to support your organs during the cleanse/fast..whether you do colonics or enemas to support your body ineliminating toxins.

many people take herbs that help this process..most people do some form or enemas or colonics...

please read up on this if you intent to do try this.

also fasting /cleansing at different seasons has different effects on the body...think about the body's natural cycles..and study about them. in general, for example, it is easier for your body to do an extended cleanse/fast in the spring (or early fall or summer) rather than in the middle of the winter.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:20 am      Reply with quote
Lisie,
i'm glad your liquid fast/cleanse was so successful for you...i've never used a salt flush....although i've heard of cleasning the colon that way rather than with enemas/colonics

SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:00 am      Reply with quote
I would NEVER do a cleanse of any body part. The colon does a fine job on its own for me anyway. Just up your fiber in take and you will get a good cleanse.
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 am      Reply with quote
SusieQ wrote:
I would NEVER do a cleanse of any body part. The colon does a fine job on its own for me anyway. Just up your fiber in take and you will get a good cleanse.

ITA. It can really do more harm then good. I've seen this happen with 2 different people.

Its always important to get enough fiber to keep things moving but you dont need a cleanse for that.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
there's an 'art' to cleansing with liquid fasting without making yourself..at least..temporarily ill.

I've done many liquid cleanses..up to three weeks at a time... in the past... but with green drinks..ie. barley grass powder or spirulina,etc....and fresh wheat grass juice and other fresh green juices like kale, celery, dandelion, etc.

When you stop eating solids for 3 days or more..especially, a week or more..you need to be careful about gradually stopping eating solids before your cleanse... and gradually beginning to eat solids again once your fast/cleanse is complete.

Also you need to be careful about gradually eating more and more pure, simple foods... as well as less food... before a cleanse..and gradually reincorporating your normal foods once your cleanse has ended..

when you cleanse your body..stored toxins will be eliminated from your cells..which need to be eliminated through the 'normal' channels...including your skin/tongue....your liver/kidneys will be working overtime...so you don't want to bombard them with going from very rich, heavy, floury or greasy food.. and shock your body by suddenly begin to cleanse with only liquids...

also..it takes about a week or so to gradually start eating 'normally' again after a fast for the same..plus additional..reasons.

you can usually expect to have some sort of toxin discharge during a fast/cleanse..ie breakouts/rashes/bloating...as your body is getting rid of stored toxins.....you will probably also feel nauseua, tired, irritable as your liver cleanses toxins from your body..at first...this may go away as you continue the fast depending on whether or not its right for your particular body and its condition to be cleansing/fasting at this particular time..how healthy you are in general..what herbs you may be taking to support your organs during the cleanse/fast..whether you do colonics or enemas to support your body ineliminating toxins.

many people take herbs that help this process..most people do some form or enemas or colonics...

please read up on this if you intent to do try this.

also fasting /cleansing at different seasons has different effects on the body...think about the body's natural cycles..and study about them. in general, for example, it is easier for your body to do an extended cleanse/fast in the spring (or early fall or summer) rather than in the middle of the winter.

Thank you for this information. I appreciate it very much. I will be sure to revisit when I am ready to do a cleanse or fasting.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
ruk1 wrote:
I am trying Colon Cleanse Pro. They advertised it as also being able to help you get rid of 5 lbs of waste in your colon. I have yet to see this happening to me. It's keeping me regular though. In addition to the Colon Cleanse Pro, I also take Vit E, Fish Oil, Vit C, and multi vitamin.

I'd like to give an update of the Colon Cleanse Pro.

I do not see the weight loss benefit of 5 lbs. In fact, I did not lose any lb, and might have even gained a pound or two. It might be my fault though for overeating a few meals. Shock

However, the Colon Cleanse Pro does help keep me regular. I'm normally prone to constipation. This is a very gentle stimulation. I did not feel any bloating or pain as with other laxatives.

I will not reorder though because it costs $60 a bottle that is supposed to last 30 days if you take 2 tablets twice a day as they recommend. Lately I only take them in the morning, and in the evening I take the colon cleanse I bought from vitacost. I stopped taking them twice a day after I determined that they were not helping me lose any weight.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
keli13 wrote:
keli13 wrote:

I tried search for Mag o2 colon cleanser but nothing showed up at vitacost. They probably don't carry it any more.
ruk1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:04 am      Reply with quote
Upon reading user reviews of various colon cleanse or fiber products, one person suggested a combination of two fiber products both of which sold at vitacost: Rainbow Light Everyday Fiber, and Nature's Secret Multi-fiber. He said he took Rainbow Light Everyday Fiber because of the ingredient called "Bentonite." I'm not sure why that ingredient is important, but I plan to investigate further. In the mean time, I put the two products in the shopping cart. Anything that will help the constipation problem will be good.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |