Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
FaceMaster
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:42 am      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5508&highlight=myotonology

I just bought Suzanne Sommers FaceMaster Cool & it seems to use the same technique and ideals as myotonology. I have LOVED myotonology for years. It always worked but the cost for treatments was getting a little crazy. I am anxious to see if I get results with this little gadget. My main concern (this moment) is my cheek/jowl area so here I go....
catballou
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Ah-ha! You mentioned FaceMaster in another thread, and I didn't make the connection with Suzanne Sommers but should have. I'll be interested in your reviews.

I’m 60, never smoked, eat healthy, fitness center + hiking, lots of water and nutrients, size 4 jeans Smile, some lower facial sagging, but it’s improving with AALS, Clarisonic, Remergent, L2K, (including her new hand held devices), Ageless exercises, peels, OCM, etc. “This is my face; deal with it.” Annette Bening
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I have had the Facemaster for years and find that is an excellent tool for the eye area. I didn't find it strong enough for the lower face however. I have recently been using a Tua Viso and find it much strong and more effective for lower face and neck. Actually there is no comparison. But if eyes are the main problem the Facemaster Rocks!
Toby

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I actually gave away a TuoViso a few years ago. I should see if it's still in the "system" (a group of us trade things around when we get bored). Or perhaps the newer ones are different/better. I shall begin with the FaceMaster & sort of search around for my old TuoViso. Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:43 am      Reply with quote
It's been a few days since I started with the FaceMaster & I think it will be just what I was expecting. It uses the same idea as myotonology & feels the same as when my esthetician does it. I know from experience that the myo worked well for me. I'm forging ahead....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:14 am      Reply with quote
So, how is this working for you, RuthMarion?
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:21 am      Reply with quote
My time with the FaceMaster has proven teeny tiny results - about what I would expect after just a couple of weeks. My face feels ever so slightly tighter. Wrinkles weren't really an issue (at least one that I dwelled on) but what seems like rapid sagging is - and that is what I am trying to address. I do find it pretty time consuming (although I guess it's only about half an hour or so). I suppose my "thing" with it is that I need to incorporate it into a routine otherwise I can see myself losing interest. It's battery operated which is good because you can use it anywhere. And it's 2 weeks on the original battery so I can see that it won't be a battery hog. No, I really like it, can see bitty results but need to find a consistent time every day to commit to it. Cool
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, RuthMarion. Please keep them coming!
LuvToSmile
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am reading Suzanne Somers book, Ageless. I saw her recommend the Facemaster but not facial exercises. I am also interested in any and all reviews of this device. I will be starting facial exercises soon !
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Sadly Sad I returned my FaceMaster. Even though I thought that it was the home version comparable of my beloved Myotonology, I am ready to be more aggressive & am turning to the actual facial exercising. Perhaps one day I will buy the myo hand held by the myo manufacturers. You know, I think that my returning the product had something to do with Suzanne Somers herself. Up close I find that, while looking great for 62, she is starting to look a little creepy. I am undecided as to her bio identical philosophy (although I would certainly like to give it a go - short term though, but forever ?). I certainly felt like gagging when I saw her ingest her dose of supplements (60?). And I thought that she looked sad under it all - the fact that she was in such denial (not that I'm not Rolling Eyes ).
I am closer to Suzanne Somers' age than I am to Lou's (Ageless If You Dare) so you would think that I would turn to the "elder", but I have definitely started my lean towards the exercising. Bless Suzanne's heart. I don't think that I want to purchase her gizmo.

Boy, do I need to seek help. Embarassed I'm saying that I liked the product but felt sorry for the originator (of sorts) so in that case I'll not purchase. That'll teach her. lol
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Ruth, I know what you mean. I like Suzanne Sommers too, but you need to do what works for you. I'm probably going to start facial exercises myself. I'm only 29, but I've had a baby and weight loss leads to lose skin. The jawline is an area that I'm trying to address too. Let me know if you find something that you like. A lot of the ladies here have been talking about Flex Effect, Ageless If You Dare, and the Tua Viso. I'm desperate enough to try all of the above! Laughing I'm a lot like my mom and grandmother. Most women say they want to age gracefully. The women in my family go kicking and screaming. I guess that's why Grandma didn't wrinkle till right before she died in her eighties. Please, God, let me age that well! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:39 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
The women in my family go kicking and screaming.

I think that is why almost 100% of us are on this forum! We are definitely kicking and screaming! Laughing
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:13 am      Reply with quote
I had my passport photo taken last week & that was enough to get out EVERYTHING in my anti-aging arsenal Shock !!!
I saw a picture one time (a beautifully detailed sketch actually (in a facial exercise book)) & it showed a lady with lots of wrinkles & sagging skin. Another drawing had all of the same wrinkles but without sag. What a huge difference. Now the way that I figure....that was about 15 or 20 years ago, so.... in today's cosmeceutical market she could get rid of those wrinkles too. She would come out absolutely on top. That will be me Wink because I don't even have many wrinkles - I'm half way there.
Shylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
That's how I felt when I saw the picture on my military I.D.! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm just checking in. Are you ladies still using the Facemaster? Are having good results?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Shylass wrote:
I'm just checking in. Are you ladies still using the Facemaster? Are having good results?

I am not using mine anymore. Actually I think that it may have worked but I was starting to feel like Norma Desmond with all of my "stuff" Embarassed . To tell you the truth, it sort of scared me (my obsession) so the FaceMaster is no more. (And the L2K 3in1 Handheld is on the way out too - same reason) Sad
suldrun
5% products discount

Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all. I am pretty new here but I have use the Facemaster for a while so I thought I would write my experience.

A few years ago I got very sick and had quite a few years of very stressful illness and it really took a toll on my face. My skin looked horrible and my face just was not firm anymore..it was drooping ( I am 34 now and I was 29 when all this started). I was saw facemaster on HSN and decided to try it because of the good reviews.

The first time nothing! I was disaponted but my roomate told me to give it time. 2nd day I did one side and asked my roomate if there was a difference ..well roomie did a double take and said wow you need to do the other side!

At first the results did not last but as the muscles strengthened the results lasted all day. I got my best results when I committed to the entire routine everyday for a few weeks then I went to every other day and then a few times a week but I did notice that by the 3rd day I needed it. Honestly I feel like Facemaster gave me my face back that I had lost while I was sick.

My face looked and felt noticibly firmer, my NL folds were shallower and my jaw line looked firmer and sharper.My eyes seemed more even and also I just looked brighter and more awake. When I used it regulary I did have people comment that I looked nice but they could not put there finger on it lol. My skin also looked better...hard to say exactly just more radient and much better texture.

I used it almost a yr and then lost it in a move. I was without it for almost 9 months and I did notice that slowly I began to look more tired and my face lost its firmness Sad I got another one. I do it at night in front of the TV so that I am not taking any extra time out of my day. Also you can shorten the daily time by doing the eyes one day(3 min.) and then the face (12 min.)another day.

FWI I see people not thinking it is strong enough! Maybe I have results because I am so sensative to it. I cannot have it on the higher settings except on my lips and one jawline exercise other then that I cannot stand it above the 1/2 way setting and its usually lower. I could not imagine anything stronger right now on my face!

I have stopped facemaster for now to try Ageless. I know I will take facemaster up again because I love the feeling but I want to see exactly what Ageless does on its own. Also you cant use facemaster on your neck at all and I want to explore some exercises for my neck.

I hope this helps someone Smile

Sul
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
RuthMarion wrote:
I am not using mine anymore. Actually I think that it may have worked but I was starting to feel like Norma Desmond with all of my "stuff" Embarassed .(

LMAO! Your post made me think of the skit on "The Carol Burnett Show" a hundred years ago... Okay, so you had to be there.. Laughing Laughing Laughing

So is anybody actually getting results from the FM? I used it for a bit, but nothing positive happened.. I also found it really time consuming.

Anyway, in my situation at least, I really think that being 10 years post menopausal, the aging process is happening much more quickly than any at home measures can deal with.. It's absolutely scary, to wake up each morning with a new dilemma staring you in the face.. Embarassed And once it starts to happen, it's a fast, slippery slope, all down hill.

Thanks for allowing me this vent ... Crying or Very sad

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
Anyway, in my situation at least, I really think that being 10 years post menopausal, the aging process is happening much more quickly than any at home measures can deal with.. It's absolutely scary, to wake up each morning with a new dilemma staring you in the face.. Embarassed And once it starts to happen, it's a fast, slippery slope, all down hill.

I've been quite happy with my outside recently and have been going hell for leather with all my gadgets. However, my insides are now giving out. Over the last two weeks I've found out I've got polyps in the nose and a deviated septum, diverticulitis, Barretts esophagus, hiatus hernia and an ovarian cyst!!!

Yes, Kassy, it is a slippery slope, all down hill. I'm getting my nose operated on tomorrow. I just needed to vent too!

5% products discount

Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Kassy_A wrote:

I've been quite happy with my outside recently and have been going hell for leather with all my gadgets. However, my insides are now giving out. Over the last two weeks I've found out I've got polyps in the nose and a deviated septum, diverticulitis, Barretts esophagus, hiatus hernia and an ovarian cyst!!!

Yes, Kassy, it is a slippery slope, all down hill. I'm getting my nose operated on tomorrow. I just needed to vent too!

Good Lord woman. I will be thinking of ya and Saying a prayer for ya too. I'm glad they found it all so it can be taken care of but you poor baby seems like a lot to handle at once. You can do it, and you have us here too.
Bless Your Heart
Texas
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Over the last week or so, I've done a lot of research on microcurrent, and decided to order this gadget again..

Hopefully the 2nd time will be the charm... I won't be doing it according to the instruction it comes with though, but will be using a standard technique for a microcurrent face lift.

Pages 13 through 18 of this link is what I'll be using as my guide;

http://www.skinforlife.com/instructions/microcurrent%20manual%20june'07.pdf

It will be much more time consuming this way (probably taking a good 60 to 90 minutes), but I believe that is a realistic committment, if you compare it to what a professional session would be. I also will only be doing it every 3 days.

Anyhoo, I'll let you all know how it goes.. Very Happy

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
sherryf13500
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Kassy, tell me what product are you buying for the 2nd time? Is is a new model? I like to follow you. Kind of like twittering you.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 am      Reply with quote
In this day and age I find it hard to believe that the face master is the only at home device using this technology. I had one but returned it to HSN and I also have the Tuo Viso but don't use it as I so no results what-so-ever. I will keep searching for one that uses micro-current and doesn't make your face spaze out when using. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
Kassy, tell me what product are you buying for the 2nd time? Is is a new model? I like to follow you. Kind of like twittering you.

LOL! You guys all give me way too much credit, but I do enjoy the *blush* my cheeks just got.. Laughing

The original Suzanne Somers Face Master is what I'm buying (again)... I threw the 1st one out when I got disgusted with it, but that was years ago before I found EDS and learned a thing or two.. HSN always has it for $99. and it comes with gel, serum and the little booties for the probe tips.. It's ridiculously affordable really. Especially if my Idea bright Idea works!

Here's the link to it;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://beauty.hsn.com/suzanne-somers-facemaster-toning-system-with-accessories_p-4657059_xp.aspx?web_id=4657059&ocm=sekw

I'll be happy to share the good, the bad or the down right ugly, as always ... Very Happy

I just have a nice feeling about this though, since now I have armed myself with a bit more microcurrent knowledge..

Frodo; There are a bunch of home devices in the microcurrent category, but the two probe devices are what has my attention now.. If my little experiment works, I will probably upgrade to something better..

Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Kassy_A wrote:
sherryf13500 wrote:

LOL! You guys all give me way too much credit, but I do enjoy the *blush* my cheeks just got.. Laughing

The original Suzanne Somers Face Master is what I'm buying (again)... I threw the 1st one out when I got disgusted with it, but that was years ago before I found EDS and learned a thing or two.. HSN always has it for $99. and it comes with gel, serum and the little booties for the probe tips.. It's ridiculously affordable really. Especially if my Idea bright Idea works!

Here's the link to it;

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/redirect.php?u=http://beauty.hsn.com/suzanne-somers-facemaster-toning-system-with-accessories_p-4657059_xp.aspx?web_id=4657059&ocm=sekw

I'll be happy to share the good, the bad or the down right ugly, as always ... Very Happy

I just have a nice feeling about this though, since now I have armed myself with a bit more microcurrent knowledge..

Frodo; There are a bunch of home devices in the microcurrent category, but the two probe devices are what has my attention now.. If my little experiment works, I will probably upgrade to something better..

And...............do we know what one that will be? I found this one but the price is a bit up there but lower than anything I have found so far in my google search.

http://yourlizzy.com/micro-current-photon-non-surgical-face-lift-machine.html

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |