Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

100% Pure Make Up
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
I think it would be good to have a separate thread for 100% Pure make up, since they have a lot of make up to offer and it's unique. So far I've only tried the mascara and the lip gloss, and I've been happy with both. The lip gloss is nice and moisturizing, and it looks natural, which is fine with me.

The mascara definitely has its pros and cons, but I'm pretty happy with it. First, there is no doubt that this is a natural mascara- it smeels delicious. I have the black mascara, and it just coats the eyelashes and provides a tint. However, although it claims to be waterproof it's definitely not and it does migrate to the under eye area. I minimize this by only using it on the upper lashes, and I still regularly have to check for how it's doing. Fortunately it is very easy to wipe off and then I just have to touch up my under eye make up if I want to. Mostly, I am just very happy to have a mascara that's not bad for me.

I'm curious about other 100% pure make up offerings, like their tinted moisturizer with spf. Does anyone have experience with that? I also really want to try their eyeliner that they just recently came out with- both the pencil and the liquid (they had the powder for a while, and I head it wasn't that great).

http://www.100percentpure.com/fruitpigmentedintro.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I'm also using the mascara. I bought two tubes of it from QVC. I like it-- like you said, you can tell it's natural. It's weird, though, I just opened the second tube, and it has a different consistancy than the first. It seems a bit thinner, and less clumpy. My first tube got clumpy towards the end. And I have to say, it works better if you warm it up a bit. Sounds weird, but I would, uh, sit on it to get it toasty, and put it on last... Laughing

I didn't have problems with flaking though. It stayed put all day, though I rarely ever use mascara on my bottom lashes. And, I noticed I have lost fewer lashes since using it, and they seem healthier.

THey have a few new products up at QVC, I want to try to coffe bean eye cream and the face mist.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:17 am      Reply with quote
flyflyonly wrote:
i do not trust 100% pure makeup....but 99% is still sounds possible

Uh, what?

Rolling Eyes
GirlieGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
I had purchased the tinted moisturizer from QVC and returned it. It did not provide any coverage (in case anyone was wondering) but I was not expecting any. I really wanted to try this for the SPF. It just felt kind of slimy going on and never seemed to dry.
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
GirlieGirl wrote:
I had purchased the tinted moisturizer from QVC and returned it. It did not provide any coverage (in case anyone was wondering) but I was not expecting any. I really wanted to try this for the SPF. It just felt kind of slimy going on and never seemed to dry.

Thanks for your input! It sounds like the feedback from this product is mostly negative, unfortunately.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Yes it is too bad about the tinted moisturizer. I really wanted to like it as the ingredient list looked great. I'm still interested in trying other products from this line though.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I love 100% Pure! I have only tried a few of their product- the Cocoa bronzer, eyebrow color, lip gloss, but I love it all! I recently bought a great combo pack from QVC for only $60. It comes with a bluch, mascara, lipgloss, duo eyeliner, 2 eye shadows, a power brush and eye shadow brush. I thought it was such a great deal! It is still available for those interested. I am still waiting for the shipment to arrive, and I will review the products once I try them!
wylone
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:02 am      Reply with quote
do you mean mineral make up?
helios
5% products discount

Fri May 01, 2009 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I have their eyeshadow palette in Chocolate and the lip & cheek tint in Cranberry Glow.

The colors in the e/s palette are super pretty, mostly different bronzy browns, but unfortunately they're not pigmented at all. Out of the 6 colors I can use only one of them, and even that one color is only somewhat pigmented. Especially the more shimmery one's are really poorly pigmented - if you swipe your finger over them, you won't get any color payoff, just some of the glitter.

The lip & cheek tint is also a pretty color, which I've only used on my lips, so can't really comment on how it performs on cheeks. It's a perfect "my lips but better"-color, but I hate to wear it because it feels so waxy on the lips. The Cranberry Glow is the darkest color of them all, and if you have even medium pigmented lips, the other colors probably won't show on them at all.

I think the idea is great, the colors are really nice and the packaging pretty, but I don't think I'll be buying more of 100% Pure Make-Up anytime soon, since those two items were such disappointments.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
JennyJam wrote:
I love 100% Pure! I have only tried a few of their product- the Cocoa bronzer, eyebrow color, lip gloss, but I love it all! I recently bought a great combo pack from QVC for only $60. It comes with a bluch, mascara, lipgloss, duo eyeliner, 2 eye shadows, a power brush and eye shadow brush. I thought it was such a great deal! It is still available for those interested. I am still waiting for the shipment to arrive, and I will review the products once I try them!

Just wanted to update one the special purchase combo pack from QVC. The 100 Pure mascara had such great reviews, but unfortunately, it gave me really bad raccoon eyes. The lipgloss is very pretty with quite bit of pigment, but it didn't last very long. I am okay with that as I know it's a natural product without petrochemicals. I really LOVE the two eye shadow colours (vanilla sugar and a chocolate-plum colour). They are beautiful and blend well together. They lasted my all day yesterday. The blush was also very nice, but it went on heavy and so next time I will make sure just to use a very little bit. I don't care much for the powder brush. It has a flat head, and I don't find it gives a very nice application.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |