Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need EDS prod recommendation frm Casper's Mum or anyone else
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:02 am      Reply with quote
Hey y'all -

I'm still trying to decide how to spend my EDS gift cert that I won way back on 10/1, and I was wondering if anyone can let me know if EDS has any products available that will do either of the following:

Lip smoother -- I have a big mouth, both literally and figuratively Very Happy, and I'd like to find something that will help s-m-o-o-t-h out the lines on my lips (note: I'm not referring to the dreaded wrinkles above the lips!). I'd like to transform my kisser into lusciously smooth "pillow lips" Razz. Can anyone recommend a product available here on EDS that will help me achieve this? What all does that über-pricey Valmont Lip Repair stuff do? I dunno -- spending $150 dollars on a lip product seems kinda...extravagant!! But then again, I guess if it gave me the pillow lips of my dreams it would be worth it, because -- just like Heather Locklear hawking her L'oreal hairdye..."I'm worth it!"

Hyaluronic acid moisturizer -- I read in one of the other posts today somewhere that a hyaluronic acid moisturizer will hydrate my skin without turning on the "oil factory" which is sometimes also known as my face. Is this true?? Why has nobody ever told me this before? I know all of you are going to cringe when I confess that I normally don't use a moisturizer at all. I'm 35, but my face shows no signs of wrinkles, laughlines or crow's feet which I have always attributed to the fact that my face secretes enough oil on a daily basis to provide the energy necessary to provide electricity for a medium-sized third world country. However, it could very well turn out that my interpretation of the facts is wrong and I'm simply the recipient of good ole wrinkle-free genes and I've been deluding myself all of these years when I believed that I didn't need to moisturize. Of course, this is not to say that I haven't TRIED different moisturizers over the years that promise oil-free moisurize and yada, yada, yada. But when I've used them my face merely feels moist and oily, which -- to me -- is worse than it feeling merely oily! So now I'm wondering if all of the snooty sales' assistants at the various boutiques and high-end department stores have been colluding or conspiring against me to keep this hyaluronic acid stuff a secret all these years....

So there you have it...will one of you kind ladies take please pity on me and provide some product recommendations that will help me attain the aforementioned results? Now, in my delusional little mind, the lip smoother is a higher priority for me because -- as I said -- I haven't got any wrinkles yet...except, of course, for the one's on my lips!!

Can you help me? I'm starting to think that my EDS gift cert will somehow expire before I make up my mind what to buy. Shock And thanks for taking the time to read my demented ramblings. Wink

Carrie
Caspers Mum

Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I would advise using the Skinceuticals Hydrating B-5 Gel underneath a non-oily moisturizer. A few to consider: Phytomer Hydracontinue Moisturizing Base, Dermalogica Active Moist, or Skinmedica Ultra-Sheer Moisturizer.
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
LOL! I'm having the same problem! I just won this week, and I have NO idea what I want!!!

I'm thinking about getting something I would never have considered before...I can't miss $50 I never had right? So, that said I was going to get PTR Blot Papers, Decleor Deodorant and Babor Lip Balm. Those are boring though, so I've been thinking about;

SkinMedica Ultra Sheer Moisturizer
DDF Ultra Lite Moisturizing Dew
Jan Marini's Bioclear (lotion)

For smoothing your lips, Murad's Lip Smoothing Therapy is cheap and has salicylic acid. You could always use a toothbrush to manually exfoliate. As for hyaluronic acid, you can buy that at health food stores, nearly pure, for a lot less than the b5 gel.

I've emailed SkinMedica for the ingredients of their Ultra Sheer Moisturizer...I don't want it to potentially break me out. If the ingredients check out, I'll probably get that.

Hope I helped some...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |