Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Buzz on Acne
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Queen0331
5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Buzz on Acne. New product with good reviews out there.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
I posted about this product a few weeks ago in one of the threads. No one responded. Your right, this product is getting fabulous reviews on other beauty boards. I personally don't suffer from acne but if I did I would give this stuff a try. I know many women who are ecstatic over this product.
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use it and it's great for acne. My son and I both love it.
Queen0331
5% products discount

Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Yea, I think the company is fairly new. I looked at the website and got the toll free # so I called and talked to a woman that explained a few things. They don't use Benzoyl Perozide (for reasons I don't know) and it comes in a spray bottle. Use twice daily. I ordered two bottles.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Queen, I've been using Buzz on Acne for a couple of months and I am still amazed that it works so well. It's been a long time since I've seen my skin this smooth, soft and clear.

On their web site they talk about the dangers of BP and how ineffective it is. I should know, had been on Proactiv auto ship for as long as I can remember.
lisasand
5% products discount

Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I heard of buzz on acne from another thread on this site. I have been using it for 12 days now and it has improved my acne so much. I have had hormonal acne off and on for 2 years or so and in the last 2 months it was getting much worse. I had tried acne gel from BBS, 5% BHA, PSF products, Diane Yvonne, Mario Badescu and nothing has worked as well as this. I am very pleased. QVC community forum has a lot of people using it, so you can get more info there. I wash my face with a mild cleanser, spray on my fingers and rub it on my entire face minus the eyes and lips of course. Wait 10 mins and then apply an oil-free moisturizer. Didn't need a moisturizer at first but around day 9, I started getting dry skin and added the moisturizer then.
HTH.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lisasand! Isn't it wonderful? I've been on Buzz on Acne a little over two months and it just keeps getting better and better! On the QVC BB's they talk about the Buzz on Acne "glow" and I definitely have it. This is the first time in my life that I have received a compliment on my beautiful skin! They say it is from the antioxidants that they use in the formula. I would have just been happy to get rid of my acne! The "glow" is a bonus!
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this for about a month. I was pretty happy in the beginning but then a couple of weeks ago I added in retin-A every other night and have had some purging around my mouth and jaw area and the BOA does not really seem to be helping. Sad
So now I'm using Dalacin-T which has helped to dry out the pimples. I think I will continue to use BOA to ward off any pimples, at least until I finish my stock (I bought 2) but will have to use Dalacin-T for any stubborn zits.
averygsmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:47 am      Reply with quote
Could you please post a link on where to get this product. Is it just one product that you use in conjunction with your regular skincare and what are some of the ingredients, Thanks!
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Averygsmom... I'm not good with links yet on this site..tried..You can find at buzzonhealth.com The ingredients are on the FAQ page, if I remember right. Just look around if they are not. Lots of info on the site. Read the FAQs for information on how to use in the beginning. They recommend not using actives such as salicylic acid or BP with the Buzz on Acne until some time. It's all on there and the beauty is that it is one spray..that's it and I have now incorporated my other products back in. Just no need for BP or any other acne products.

Cahoot... Did you go through the entire acclimation before you added the retin-a back? You might want to read the FAQ's too. They say to expect some purging, if I remember right. I had several purges that I just sprayed the hell out of and they went away really quickly. I haven't had one for about three weeks. Think I purged my last! There is a hilarious thread on the QVC boards about a lady that had a date with someone she had been communicating on line with and she had a purge pop up and everyone was telling her to douse it with Buzz on Acne and keep dousing. She did and the next day it was done and presentable!
jandarling
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:10 am      Reply with quote
is buzz on acne suitable for people with sensitive skin? My skin is not only sensitive, it's dry too. if it's too harsh / drying, i doubt i can use it on my face!
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Jandarling, It is very good for someone with sensitive skin as it is very gentle. Buzz on Acne is nothing like a typical acne treatment. Not only is it hydrating but everyone on the Q board talks about the glow. It is loaded with anti-oxidants and I was told it was anti-aging. They have the best customer service that I've ever seen. Before I started, I emailed them and felt like my skin was fried from BP. She told me to discontinue the BP even while it was shipping to me. For a couple of weeks, I thought it was a little drying, nothing like BP! Then it just kicked in, just like she said it would, and it very hydrating now. Odd because this is like spraying water on your face. Usually this time of year my face is very dry and I feel very hydrated and I don't have to use acne products any more! I was pretty sick of Proactiv as I was on auto ship. They have a lot of information on their site.. buzzonhealth.com

I just checked and they are still running the $6.25 off of S&H. It comes priority mail and I get it in two days. code is- ship09
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I had never heard of this product...It sounds very interesting! My 17 year old daughter had peaches and cream skin until about a year ago. Even now she doesn't really have blackheads or big pores--and she rarely has whiteheads--but she has red bumpy acne. Her skin seems pretty sensitive and she doesn't respond well to stuff like Proactiv or products with BP or even salicylic acid. Do you think this stuff might help her?

She's out of the country right now but if you think it might help her I will order it so it's here when she gets back.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:16 am      Reply with quote
BBD,
Absolutely great for sensitive skin! I was at the end of my rope with mine! If you ever read the QVC BB's, there are a ton of threads on there about Buzz on Acne. That is how I found out about it! Like above the poster, ezduzit, says above there were mothers and daughters/sons using and it seems to help all different varieties of acne on the board. Hormonal, cystic and even ladies that had rosacea. On the bottle it says can be used for eczema! It's the greatest thing that has happened to my face!
Queen0331
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:10 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has sensitive skin, it's me. I think I must be allergic to BP and that is why so many other acne remedies didn't work and some even making my acne worse. Buzz on Acne has never caused irritations and sooths my skin as well. I used to break out easily and often as I have a very stressfull lifestyle (I work with five men in a busy office). Nowdays not a single event on MY face except a smile of confidence at work because those guys are not constantly looking at my pimples. I have sensitive emotions as well as sensitive skin.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Can any of you that are using this product tell me if it works on blackheads as well? I have a terrible time with them on my nose & chin.

I may buy it anyway since I do have consistent (but not horrible) cystic breakouts. I'm still dealing with a bunch of them from when I upped the amount of biotin I was taking too high. And I quit taking it just before Christmas! Fortunately, they're on the back of my neck, so usually hidden by my hair.

Also, in cruising the QVC boards, I came across a post that talked about an "identical" product called pH Cleanse Spray & it's only $19.95 a bottle (w/free S&H). They seemed to think it was the same product/same company being marketed differently.
http://www.phcleanse.com/index.php

Any thoughts?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Catsull, You need to do some more digging. There are many that bought it and said it was c*r*a*p! Many sucked into that "identical product" thread! One gal that I talk to a lot...said all the benefits that she experienced with the Buzz on Acne just reversed on the PHC stuff and she just threw it away. She was POed by that original post and trying to save a dollar cost her twenty. Buyer beware...
Queen0331
5% products discount

Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Buzz on Acne cleared up my little blackheads but it took longer...about 2 weeks. It really works fast on the cysts. I heard about phcleanse too but I am happy with the customer service and fast shipping I get with BOA. I even tried to contact that other company (PH)a few weeks ago but they never replied.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Catsull, For me, and I know everyone is different, the redness left really early on. The cysts were next and the blackheads last. It seems odd, I know, because usually the redness is the last to leave. Like I say, it is really different.

Good luck with it if you decide to try it!
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the warnings regarding the "identical" (NOT!) product! I have to admit, I didn't do much digging on the PHC product or I would have found the bad reviews, no doubt.

Back to the BOA website... And I'm glad to hear it works on blackheads, even if it takes a while.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Queen, I have a terrible time with benzoyl peroxide, too! It always turned me red and dry! But, what else were we suppose to do? I really can't believe I'm in the middle of winter with hydrated and acne-free skin!

I had lunch with an old friend yesterday and I hadn't seen her for over a month. She really has a hard time with acne and she was clear and beautiful! I got teary-eyed when I saw her. When I recommended the Buzz on Acne over the phone, she wanted to save the results for the next time I saw her! It was shocking! Someone asked earlier about the link and I just figured out how to do that! www.buzzonhealth.com
Queen0331
5% products discount

Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Divadoll, Glad to hear about your friend. I was reading (sorry, can't remember where) about BP and was surprised to find out that a good percent (aprox 7%) of the population is actually allergic to Benzoyl Peroxide. I put myself in that group, allthough I didn't know it until now. I will research more about it now.

Queen

Leave Jessica Simpson alone! Poor thing.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
This is from the Buzz on Acne web site:

In 1995, the FDA changed benzoyl peroxide from a Category 1 (safe) to a Category 3 (safety is uncertain) ingredient and stated this action (56 FR 37622) was based on new information that raised a safety concern regarding benzoyl peroxide as a tumor promoter in mice.

So who knows? Maybe we're lucky that we have a terrible time with it. I know the Buzz on Acne works a whole lot better anyway!

Yes, isn't that something about Jessica Simpson? Give me a break! Makes you wonder what all these critics look like!!
ezduzit
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I personally think this is a great product. It has really helped my acne and also my son's. It's easy to use and it doesn't bleach your clothes like bp.
Divadoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Good point ezduzit! With the proactive, I had ruined sheets, towels and clothes! I had acne on my neck and bacne and was always ruining something! You know, if something is bleaching everything out...doesn't seem that it would be that terrific for your skin! I even had to go to white towels and sheets and with the Buzz on Acne, no problem!

I find it also interesting that you and your son can use the same product successfully! Seems like everyone has a great story with it.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |